Butler 42 Pleasure Ridge Park 41

The Scribe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the Georgetown-Pikeville game on Saturday, I sat next to the dad of a former PRP player now at GC. He was trying to describe the play; said it was like the Stanford-Cal finish but even crazier.

All that was missing was the tuba player.

I have no dog in this fight! Saw the video... amazing!!! Only thought that came to mind was 2.4 seconds in the Duke vs Kentucky game! You know what game I'm talking about. Maybe in the future, coaches will kick the ball out of bounds and take there chances with 1.8 sec. left..

Why didn't one of the PRP players rushing in from the sideline just tackle the guy? It would be a penalty, but no touchdown.

I think (and I'm no official) that a tackle from the sideline on an obvious TD results in a TD. It happened back in the 50s in college in a SWAC game.

Tackling a player from the sideline's is an automatic touchdown. For sure. I believe the two penalties(for being on the field) would've offset but the obvious celebration should've been enforced on the p.a.t. which could've decided the game considering they would be kicking it from the 25 yd line. I could see how it would be hard to call that with all of the confusion but nonetheless would've been the right call, and should've been made. The head of officials i'm sure has graded that one!

Jim Rome also discussed it on his show this afternoon.
Hey clones. How about that whack play from SoLou? Pha. Nominal. We've all done this play in our backyard. I'm not talking about the thugs who live down the street and throw rocks at girls and kick dogs. I'm talking about my brothers against your brothers. In. Tense. How about the team running on the field looking like Jared Lorenzen and Guy Morriss just milliseconds before Devery Henderson puts a stake in your heart? Kids swinging from goal posts. PA announcers yelling that the game is over. In. Credible. Clones. You'll never see a wilder finish to a high school football game. I'm out.