Paintsville at Somerset

Yea i think if Somerset and Danville met on the carpet it would be an awsome game to watch, however they still have to play Paintsville who is tough and and the winner of Newport and LCA which are two very good teams so we still have along way to go before we can think about the carpet but its in the back of all our minds!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should not be a contest,

Somerset has way too many weapons. I say Somerset by 21.

In all honesty, Somerset should be playing in Louisville the first week in December against most likely Bardstown. Should make for an interesting state final since Bardstown has knocked Somerset out of the playoffs a few times in recent years.

They're going to have to play near flawless the next two weeks before we can even think about playing in Louisville. But I sure hope you're right! They could and should be there, and will be if they keep getting better on defense. Paintsville and NCC/LCA will definitely have something to say about it though.

I spoke with Coach Cobb on Monday and he said he beleives his team will be ready to play he said they have been preparing themselves really well these last few weeks and are talking really well in practice hopefully this will carry onto the field Friday night!

Somerset wins big and here is why:

When Danville was in class AA, the alignment was such that we always were matched against eastern ky teams in the semi-final. It was usually a match up of speed (Danville) against size (eastern ky team). Speed wins, believe me. Of course there were a few years that the east ky teams had speed (Breathitt, Prestonsburg). However, traditionally, many of the teams coming out of eastern ky are big but lack top notch speed. Somerset is quick. Paintsville is in eastern ky. Somerset will win. ;)

Beside class 2A, when is the last time a team from eastern ky won the state? Just curious.

Somerset and supprisingly big.

This is one time I'm going to HAVE to agree with True Redhound. Somerset will play 4 quarters of football and head north next week. IMO, I Really don't think Paintsville will know what just hit them. Explosive Offense is what everyone has used to describe Paintsville, but Somerset will have the big plays to destroy any chances for the tigers in this match up. They won't slow down Newell, and Cole and Norman are big threats in the air. Lynn Camp pretty much runs at you and Paintsville stopped that well enough to win, but I can't see them stopping the Offense that will be there friday night. The Bunnies will be there with the D. This will be an ugly game for BMR and company. I've seen both teams and Somerset is the real deal in this one.

Paintsville has better speed than what you think!! But I believe that Somerset has more people with speed and that will make a big difference. I hope that Paintsville wins, but their D isn't as good as Somerset's D and that will probably be where this game is decided. Paintsville can move the chains and score, but they can't win a scoring contest with Somerset. The Paintsville D has got to step up!!