Paintsville at Somerset

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the Tigers pull out the victory. But I think that the speed of Somerset and the home field advantage will be too much for Paintsville. The Paintsville D has had a lot of trouble holding any of their good opponents in check, and has relied more on out-scoring their opponents. This tactic won't work against Somerset. I think that the Tigers can definately score on Somerset, BUT if the D don't do their part (and they haven't) then Somerset will win this one! Good luck Tigers, hope you step it up and get it done!

This would be a great game for Paintsville to play all 4 quaters. In fact it is a must. Somerset is a well balanced team. Their QB reads well and makes doesn't make many mistakes. Their running back runs very well and has good speed. I was also impressed with their receiving corps. After playing teams like Pikeville, Evarts, and Lynn Camp in the past 3 weeks, I hope Paintsville can still defend the pass like they did against Hazard. I fully expect them to do just that. Getting Doderer back even if he isn't 100% will help out big time. If nothing else it is a huge morale boost going into the biggest game any of these players have ever been in. Few outside of Paintsville gave us much of a chance against Lynn Camp so I don't expect must to change. Hopefully, the Tigers prove people wrong again!

Again this week, Somerset will have to be good with their keys and prepared mentally, especially if Doderer is back. If he comes back, that makes the option even more deadly with Pugh as a keep threat, and him a dangerous pitch man. Paintsville is a very good team, and Somerset will have to be very disciplined on defense. If they are, I look for them to win a region title.

Again this week, Somerset will have to be good with their keys and prepared mentally, especially if Doderer is back. If he comes back, that makes the option even more deadly with Pugh as a keep threat, and him a dangerous pitch man. Paintsville is a very good team, and Somerset will have to be very disciplined on defense. If they are, I look for them to win a region title.

Regardless if Doderer is back or not, I think Freno has done a good job stepped up and fill in as a successful pitch man. His determination for extra yardage last week vs. Lynn Camp really impressed me. Let's go Tigers.

Regardless if Doderer is back or not, I think Freno has done a good job stepped up and fill in as a successful pitch man. His determination for extra yardage last week vs. Lynn Camp really impressed me. Let's go Tigers.

Yes, he has. Where did he play before Doderer went down? Somerset will make Paintsville throw, and that will be a very good situation. Paintsville has the most skill in the backfield. Getting Paintsville to throw the ball would make for a quicker paced game, allowing Somerset to score often, and force Paintsville to do something that isn't exactly their forte. It's just a question of how well they can stick to stopping the run with or without Doderer playing.

For Somerset fans who haven't seen the Tigers, get ready to see "The Cole-Train II". Pugh may be a little less powerful, but he is much faster/quicker than Cole Draughn was for Pulaski. His performance in week 1 of the playoffs was very reminiscent of Draughn's 2003 performance against Waggener.

For Somerset fans who haven't seen the Tigers, get ready to see "The Cole-Train II". Pugh may be a little less powerful, but he is much faster/quicker than Cole Draughn was for Pulaski. His performance in week 1 of the playoffs was very reminiscent of Draughn's 2003 performance against Waggener.

Pugh is quick, agile, and intelligent, but he's not exactly a "Train" at 6'1' 180-185 lbs. He is a gifted athlete, but if he is accounted for by defenses that play disciplined football, he can be contained. Pikeville did an excellent job of this. I don't see Pugh having a game like he did against Evarts and Lynn Camp vs. Somerset. This defense is disciplined and they get a lot of hats to the ball. Those two things alone destroy the option.

Pugh is quick, agile, and intelligent, but he's not exactly a "Train" at 6'1' 180-185 lbs. He is a gifted athlete, but if he is accounted for by defenses that play disciplined football, he can be contained. Pikeville did an excellent job of this. I don't see Pugh having a game like he did against Evarts and Lynn Camp vs. Somerset. This defense is disciplined and they get a lot of hats to the ball. Those two things alone destroy the option.

Ok, just remember that I told you that this kid will remind you of Draughn. I don't care how much he weighs, Pugh is a PHYSICAL football player.

Ok, just remember that I told you that this kid will remind you of Draughn. I don't care how much he weighs, Pugh is a PHYSICAL football player.

I'm not contesting that statement one bit. I've seen him play. I know his attributes and skills. I'm just saying he won't have field days like he did in the first two rounds.

I'm not contesting that statement one bit. I've seen him play. I know his attributes and skills. I'm just saying he won't have field days like he did in the first two rounds.

I do not expect Pugh to have a game like he did vs Evarts, I mean come on, 10 TD's in one game is something that doesn't happen many times in a great players entire life, much less twice in the same playoffs. Somerset would be crazy if they didn't key on Pugh, and their Coach is no dummy. Hopefully, this will give our other play makers a chance to exploit the defense that has been set up to contain Pugh. I have no doubt that Pugh will perform well and have a good night, but players like Doderer, Williams, Ward and Freno have got to force the defense to honor them, and force Somerset to adjust their defense that will be set up to stop Daniel. Paintsville's success will be in direct corralation with the amount of yards Ward(FB) has. If he has a big night, that will open up the field for Pugh and others. It is no big secret that Somerset will try to force Paintsville to pass, I do not feel too bad about that, Pugh is a dual threat this year and has several receivers that he can go to. Paintsville has done a fine job all year of taking what the defense is giving them. I think Paintsville will be able to move the ball, I am more worried about the defense because Somerset is a very balanced team, with good skill players. I think these two trams are very evenly matched.

i think if the briarjumpers come to play friday and play defense like they have been playing in the playoffs the regional title could be placed in the briar patch however if they let the tigers and mainly their stud qb pugh make plays it could be like the lynn camp somerset game where the last team with the ball wins. I think somerset's speed is the 'x' factor with the likes of cole, norman, and newell, and the passing attack with ross deaton. It will be hard for the tigers to handle.

GO JUMPERS!!! and best of luck to Paintsville

Yes, he has. Where did he play before Doderer went down? Somerset will make Paintsville throw, and that will be a very good situation. Paintsville has the most skill in the backfield. Getting Paintsville to throw the ball would make for a quicker paced game, allowing Somerset to score often, and force Paintsville to do something that isn't exactly their forte. It's just a question of how well they can stick to stopping the run with or without Doderer playing.

Freno played wideout offensively before filling the void left by Doderer.