Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X 33 Manual 18

Featured Replies

And I guess I agree with the radio broadcaster- it didn't sound that close. Evidently there was a tough 1st quarter, but then it was all downhill for Manual until the X subs were getting in late in the 4th.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickie Statistics (Final)

#5 Manual Crimsons vs #1 St. Xavier Tigers (Nov 11, 2005 at Louisville, KY)

 

MHS STX

Score......................... 18 33

FIRST DOWNS................... 20 12

RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 39-194 37-257

PASSING YDS (NET)............. 182 13

Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 29-11-3 9-3-0

TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 68-376 46-270

Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0

Punt Returns-Yards............ 4-1 4-9

Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 1-49 2-44

Interception Returns-Yards.... 0-0 3-50

Punts (Number-Avg)............ 5-34.4 4-49.5

Fumbles-Lost.................. 2-1 3-2

Penalties-Yards............... 13-129 8-96

Possession Time............... 27:48 20:12

Third-Down Conversions........ 7 of 15 1 of 9

Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 3 1 of 2

Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 1-1 0-0

 

Manual Crimsons St. Xavier Tigers

 

Rushing No Yds TD Lg Avg Rushing No Yds TD Lg Avg

WHITE, JaVeare 10 59 0 18 5.9 ANDERSON, Victor 11 130 2 48 11.8

WALES, Ramon 6 50 0 26 8.3 MATTINGLY, Michael 12 101 2 49 8.4

HORTON, Tim 11 44 0 14 4.0 ECKMAN, Drew 3 13 0 8 4.3

CARTER, LaVon 5 30 0 14 6.0 CURLEY, Brent 5 13 0 10 2.6

 

Passing AttCmpInt Yds TD Lng Passing AttCmpInt Yds TD Lng

WOODS, Vance 28-11-2 182 3 36 CURLEY, Brent 7-3-0 13 0 6

HORTON, Tim 1-0-1 0 0 0 ANDERSON, Victor 1-0-0 0 0 0

 

Receiving No. Yds TD Long Receiving No. Yds TD Long

HORTON, Tim 4 97 2 36 ANDERSON, Victor 1 6 0 6

DURBIN, Eric 2 26 0 14 BROWNING, Andy 1 4 0 4

WHITE, JaVeare 2 22 0 21 MAYER, Taylor 1 3 0 3

MILLER, Nathan 2 17 1 12

 

Punting No. Avg Long I20 Punting No. Avg Long I20

WOODS, Vance 5 34.4 38 1 PAYNE, Jon 4 49.5 54 3

 

 

Punt returns No. Yds TD Long Punt returns No. Yds TD Long

WOODS, Vance 2 7 0 4 KRAMER, Alex 4 9 0 7

LINDE, George 2 -6 0 4

 

Kick returns No. Yds TD Long Kick returns No. Yds TD Long

CARTER, LaVon 1 49 0 49 TOTTEN, Colt 1 14 0 14

ANDERSON, Victor 1 30 0 30

 

Team Qtr Time Scoring play Conversion Plays-Yards TOP MHS - STX

---- --- ---- ------------ ---------- ----------- --- -----------------

STX 1st 08:10 DORNBROOK, Chri 50 yd interception return DOUGHERTY, Tim kick 0 - 7

MHS 1st 03:41 MILLER, Nathan 12 yd pass from WOODS, Vance SNOW, Michael kick failed 10-80 4:29 6 - 7

STX 2nd 04:37 ANDERSON, Victo 30 yd run DOUGHERTY, Tim kick 9-67 3:17 6 - 14

STX 2nd 02:41 MATTINGLY, Mich 49 yd run DOUGHERTY, Tim kick 2-52 0:40 6 - 21

STX 3rd 10:16 MATTINGLY, Mich 1 yd run DOUGHERTY, Tim kick blockd 1-1 0:00 6 - 27

STX 3rd 03:45 ANDERSON, Victo 48 yd run DOUGHERTY, Tim kick blockd 2-51 0:51 6 - 33

MHS 4th 03:01 HORTON, Tim 28 yd pass from WOODS, Vance WOODS, Vance pass failed 10-94 3:29 12 - 33

MHS 4th 00:20 HORTON, Tim 30 yd pass from WOODS, Vance WOODS, Vance pass failed 6-86 0:48 18 - 33

  • Author

Okay, this game aside, I want to congratulate the Manual seniors and staff for an otherwise fun year. I look forward to next year, mainly from curiousity as to who's going to take over from this senior heavy team.

Congrats to the Tigers. And great season to the Crimsons

I still feel manual has a solid team but makes too many small mistakes.

 

What is up with the terrible obsessive celebration call on X, are kids not allowed to have fun, there was nothing individual about it. That ref should be ashamed.

  • Author

It's kind of wierd... I feel sadder this year than I did the last two years, even though Manual went further into the playoffs. I think it's because this group of seniors was the last that I played with... I think I'm starting to feel old!

StThomasMore as much as im sure you feel powerful making that profound observation it was not necessary.

Congratulations to St. X on beating a good team twice. Good season Manual. Not easy to do and the second time was in the playoffs. We are St.X

  • Author

St. X will be the 4A state champs again. I'm just upset Manual didn't really put up a fight... at least not what they could have. But even still, clear all of Manuals mistakes off the table, it would've been an X victory. Congrats and good luck. I'm sure JH will have plenty to say next week, though.

Okay, this game aside, I want to congratulate the Manual seniors and staff for an otherwise fun year. I look forward to next year, mainly from curiousity as to who's going to take over from this senior heavy team.

Is Coach Nichols leaving? Are you talking about juniors that need to step up?

  • Author
Is Coach Nichols leaving? Are you talking about juniors that need to step up?

 

I'm talking about the players. It should be an interesting mix of classes starting next year.

Hats off to Manual..they played hard until the final second ticked off the clock. Good luck Tigers against John Hardin.

:confused: Did anyone notice all of the wrong scores on WLEX, WKYT, and the ABC station? I thought "Manuel" had won 33-18. I was truly stunned, only to get on here and find out different. At 11:23, Somerset and Pikeville were still tied 7-7...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.