When Will Highlands Lose in 4-A??

StickerMann

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless a LexCath or CovCath come back from the abyss, how many "state championships" could Highlands reel off before another alignment debacle??

Uh, what about BOYLE? Something tells me the Rebs are going to be having a say in the number of championships the Birds win before CovCath and LexCath get things righted.

Unless a LexCath or CovCath come back from the abyss, how many "state championships" could Highlands reel off before another alignment debacle??

My guess is the same amount as they would win whether they are in 4A or 5A. Doesnt really matter imo. Go Birds 20n10

If I am not mistaken.In the last ten years Highlands and Boyle Co. have played three times.2003 they played two times with Boyle Co. winning both games. In 2004 Highlands wins the 3A state championship against Boyle Co. I don't think 4A is going to be as easy for Highlands as 5A has been.I could be wrong,I've been wrong before.

If I am not mistaken.In the last ten years Highlands and Boyle Co. have played three times.2003 they played two times with Boyle Co. winning both games. In 2004 Highlands wins the 3A state championship against Boyle Co. I don't think 4A is going to be as easy for Highlands as 5A has been.I could be wrong,I've been wrong before.

4 times. In 2003 they played twice Boyle won both. In 2004 they played twice and Highlands won both.

Johnson Central has also fielded some pretty good teams that have been scratching at the door. Cov. Cath. is a year away from being competitive. Two away from seriously challenging the Birds. I agree with Sweeperboy's observation about Highland's strength as compared with 5A or 4A competition. They are a machine.

As Cris Carter would say, "C'mon man!" :D

I can see you as Chris Carter. :lol:

I posted this in another thread:

Looking at it since 2000, Boyle had a "down time" from 2005 to 2007 when they really weren't contenders for the crown in 3A/4A. (or at least didn't show it in the playoffs)

Highlands had a "down time" in '01 and '02 when they really weren't contenders for the state crown in 3A.

Boyle has won 5 titles in those 10 years and been to the finals/semi-finals another 2 times. (When in the same Class Boyle won 3 titles and the Birds won 1)

The Birds have won 4 state titles and been to the semi-finals/finals 2 other times.

Both programs have had up cycles and down cycles of about the same length in the last 10 years. So I'm not ready to say that Boyle won't be competitive in the next 4 years with the Birds.