Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

Well our bend dont break defense broke tonight. They run the ball and threw the ball at will. Seemed like we didnt know what we were doing. Now our o-line wasnt there at all. Ian had no time to pass the ball. On both of our touchdowns the defense slipped and fell. We got out coached tonight. I remember at the start of the year hart said that he wouldnt expect anything less then for us to be in the region finals this year- Well coach now what? Congrats to a very good Rock team.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this game would be closer than it turned out. The better team won tonight as many ppl have said. Rockcastle was one of the most complete teams that i have seen all year in high school. They had size, speed, and strength. The QB for Rock is a great player. Is the big O-lineman for Rock getting any D-1 looks cause he should be? Ian Holbrook has had a great career at Ashland and i hated to see it end this way. Congrulations to Ashland on a great season and Congrulations to Rockcastle on advancing to the Regional Finals for that rematch at Bell Co. and good luck the rest of the season.

I hope the Ashland Fans realize what a great quarterback they've had leading their offense the past couple of years. #8 Ian Holbrook is a man amongst boys. Hats off to him and the Tomcat seniors who have had a spectacular career. What a young man #8 is. I wish Rich Brooks would get down here and sign this kid.

CONGRATS TOMCATS ON A FINE YEAR!

TO MR.HOLBROOK, KEEP THE PIG SKIN FLYING SOMEWHERE ON SATURDAYS NEXT YEAR, BECAUSE YOU SURE HAVE THE TALENT TO DO SO!

All around best Ashland tomcat I have seen in my 15 + years as a player and a fan. Now that means on and off the football field.The best thing I like about Ian is his grades. Your the man Ian!!!!!!!!!

Well our bend dont break defense broke tonight. They run the ball and threw the ball at will. Seemed like we didnt know what we were doing. Now our o-line wasnt there at all. Ian had no time to pass the ball. On both of our touchdowns the defense slipped and fell. We got out coached tonight. I remember at the start of the year hart said that he wouldnt expect anything less then for us to be in the region finals this year- Well coach now what? Congrats to a very good Rock team.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to blame the coaching staff. Get real! These Tomcats were prepared and in place to make plays, they just didn't make them tonight. Coach Hart can't block for Ian, Coach Love can't tackle for the defense. They had a good game plan and the kids just got beat by a better team. Period. The coaching staff had nothing to do with the loss. Coach Bentine works his rear end off with the line but ultimately it comes down to the kids on the field getting it done. I thought all season that Ashland's O-line would be their weak point that would get exploited at some point in the season and tonight it did. Ian was running for his life most of the night and the two touchdown passes he did throw, came from him being flushed out of the pocket.

Ashland has a great coaching staff and there's nothing wrong with setting high expectations for the kids at the beginning of the year like Coach Hart did. He took the loss as hard as the kids did. He didn't intend for the Tomcats to get beat in the 2nd round but sometimes you just get beat by a better team. Rockcastle won all phases of the game tonight.

I am not letting you Ashland fans off who said there was no way any team would come in and score more than 14 points on your "D". I got one word for you "SOFT". Rockcastle's offense so totally dominated! However I was impressed with your stadium, it is a great place to watch a High School football game!

Are you kidding me? Rockcastle came into town and whipped our butts. Any questions?

Frances

No Mam :creepy: Rockcastle you have one tough team, great game.

Ian your a warrior,your future will be bright with your dedication to god ,family ,school ,football.You make a fine example for all young Tomcats to follow,its been a pleasure watching you thru the years from one of the killer bees(you,Tyler Reliford,Taylor Gothard) in the secondary on the Jets in JFL football to top QB Passer as a Tomcat on the gridiron in high school football.Im sure the killer bees will continue on in college and sucessfull careers in life.

Good season Tomcats you have gave us some exciting football thats very fun to watch,and will get more athletic players out to play football.

Good luck to all the seniors ,you guys have been great.

Can't wait till next year,lets hit the weights and run track and get after it again. :thumb:

I would first like to say that Coach Hart is a CLASS ACT.

I would also like to thank some of you posters for the bulletin board material. Our kids really took it personal when they were accused of reading hand signals last year.

They also liked the one that said "I don't believe it was the Ashland players that were laying on the ground crying after last years game. They were too busy dancing and celebrating their victory"

I really think Holbrook is a great QB, he is very tough. The players were also very gracious after the game. They were all class acts.

Ian is a great QB,, but in him I wouldn't trust. In GOD we trust.

Putnam Stadium is a great place to play, I was impressed with it last year.

Burkhart was 15-17 for 186 yards. Stallsworth had 192 yards on 35 carries. Rock mixed up the offense with some unusual formations that I believe confused Ashland at times. If these two played again next week, Ashland could very well win. Tonight belonged to Rock. Good luck on Log Mountain next Friday.