Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

Featured Replies

Congrats to Ashland and Coach Hart for another good season, seems like a good bunch of kids, and a good man coaching them too, a good coaching staff also, and 99.9% good fans. Now let's support Russell, aren't they the only team left from the 16th region?

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual the Red Devils are the only team left in the area.

I would first like to say that Coach Hart is a CLASS ACT.

 

I would also like to thank some of you posters for the bulletin board material. Our kids really took it personal when they were accused of reading hand signals last year.

 

They also liked the one that said "I don't believe it was the Ashland players that were laying on the ground crying after last years game. They were too busy dancing and celebrating their victory"

 

I really think Holbrook is a great QB, he is very tough. The players were also very gracious after the game. They were all class acts.

 

Ian is a great QB,, but in him I wouldn't trust. In GOD we trust.

 

Putnam Stadium is a great place to play, I was impressed with it last year.

What you saying is you can't live by bread alone.

 

A team must have some sort of inside rushing game.

 

I was very very impressed with the Rocks Offensive Line ,super blocking .(IMO)The best o-line I have see this year ,run and pass blocking.Your QB could have taken a phone call while in the pocket on pass plays.

Who is Rockcastles o-line coach?

 

Rocks defense did a great job shuting us down.

 

GOOD LUCK

  • Author
... If these two played again next week, Ashland could very well win....

Don't take this wrong, freshstart, but if these two teams played 100 times, I doubt that Ashland would win more than 15 times, if that.

 

When one line totally dominates another as thoroughly as Rockcastle did to us tonight, the outcome is pretty much a forgone conclusion. The margin might be closer, but the wins would be awfully hard to come by.

 

Frances

Ashland pretty much got owned out there :

First Downs: Rock 27,Ashland 8

Rushing yards: Rock 54-266,Ashland 16-33

Passing yards:Rock 15-17 163, Ashland 7-19 180

All I can say is Danville must be unreal. To shutout Rock and score over 30 pts on them I have a hard time understanding that.

This my friends was a buttkicking of which you don't see to often at Putnam.

Rock's O-Line was the best I have seen in a while. If we played this team 10 times we might win 3.

The thing is we will most likley see them next year as looking at the program it would appear that both schools are loaded with a good Jr. class.

Good luck Rock.

As usual the Red Devils are the only team left in the area.

Yes thank goodness for the great Devil's I don't know where we would be without you.

As usual the Red Devils are the only team left in the area.

 

I believe, Cubster, That it's time to lay off. Russell won and Ashland lost. End of story. No need to gloat. Sure there are some Ashland fans that can get carried away. BUT there are also some Russell fans that do the same. We need to concentrate on rooting for the Devils and let Ashland be.

 

Good Luck next year to Ashland.

 

Now let's all get behind Russell and pull for them to make it to the carpet. :fire:

I wondered how long it would take for someone to blame the coaching staff. Get real! These Tomcats were prepared and in place to make plays, they just didn't make them tonight. Coach Hart can't block for Ian, Coach Love can't tackle for the defense. They had a good game plan and the kids just got beat by a better team. Period. The coaching staff had nothing to do with the loss. Coach Bentine works his rear end off with the line but ultimately it comes down to the kids on the field getting it done. I thought all season that Ashland's O-line would be their weak point that would get exploited at some point in the season and tonight it did. Ian was running for his life most of the night and the two touchdown passes he did throw, came from him being flushed out of the pocket.

 

Ashland has a great coaching staff and there's nothing wrong with setting high expectations for the kids at the beginning of the year like Coach Hart did. He took the loss as hard as the kids did. He didn't intend for the Tomcats to get beat in the 2nd round but sometimes you just get beat by a better team. Rockcastle won all phases of the game tonight.

No one is blaming the coaching staff. But there are things that we probably didnt go over in practice that Rock did. We were doing the same old things after halftime- wouldnt you change something. Ashland might be the best team in our district but not in the region. "Bend dont break"- way to go Peg.

I believe, Cubster, That it's time to lay off. Russell won and Ashland lost. End of story. No need to gloat. Sure there are some Ashland fans that can get carried away. BUT there are also some Russell fans that do the same. We need to concentrate on rooting for the Devils and let Ashland be.

 

Good Luck next year to Ashland.

 

Now let's all get behind Russell and pull for them to make it to the carpet. :fire:

Wise words from a Russell fan. :thumb:

Hey Frances, good post on the "other" thread.

I think you wasted to much time and space for the Cubbie bear.

I also think Coach Larkey showed a lot of class by not trying to score late in the game and just kneeling down.

 

 

:thumb: That was showing alot of CLASS! He is a very good coach and this was a very well rounded team :thumb: on both sides of the ball! good luck Rockets the rest of the way!! and T-Cats lets start getting ready for next year!!

  • Author

Thanks, TCat72. I know Cubster personally, and like all of us, he is pulling for his team (as he should). Truth be told, we are all capable of turning a back massage into a chokehold.

 

None of the schools on here need much prodding before at least one of the faithful responds to the jabs. To many threads get closed because someone goes to far with the garbage.

 

Frances

 

PS - I think Rockcastle is definitely a "beatable" team, but if they continue to play like they did last night, I just don't see it happening. That was a chainsaw on the turf last night, and it doesn't need sharpening.

Ashland pretty much got owned out there :

First Downs: Rock 27,Ashland 8

Rushing yards: Rock 54-266,Ashland 16-33

Passing yards:Rock 15-17 163, Ashland 7-19 180

Doesn't sound like "we didn't invent it, we just perfected it", was the right thing thing to say a few days ago. When you look up defense in the dictionary, Pup Saylor's picture will be there. :D
Doesn't sound like "we didn't invent it, we just perfected it", was the right thing thing to say a few days ago. When you look up defense in the dictionary, Pup Saylor's picture will be there. :D

It sounded good when that poster said it but now you know the truth.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.