Pros and Cons of living with a roommate

Hip-Hop Box

Most important question, is she hot?

Just kidding. Having friends and family stay with you is part of the deal if they are truly friends and family. Parameters have to be set and they must know they are a guest for a temporary time frame until they get on their feet, not a permanent resident.

I currently live with my Fiancé(Sp) and our daughter. Well she wants to help a friend out who lives in indiana move to Frankfort.

I need some help...

If you guys are in it for the long haul and it's a partnership I say do it with pre-negotiated ground rules, time frames etc. You never know when you might have a friend who needs a hand up and if you say no now your fiance may say no then.

Pro's= they could contribute some financially as well as around the house by cleaning, cooking, etc.

Con's=less privacy, more utilities consumed

Pro: It makes your fiance happy.

Con: Everything else.

Very funny and very true.

You don't say how long this friend will stay with you. I have to agree that some discussion between you and your fiance is in order before the friend comes. As they say, guests, like fish get old after a few days. I assume she will stay a bit longer, but I would definately want a reasonable time frame.

Roommates are very hard on relationships.

I have have seldom seen it work out fine, no problems. If it's anything more than a couple of weeks, I don't reccommend it.

You're a young couple, life is tough, realistically you're still getting to know each other. Even if it works out well, it will set your relationship back some.