Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is the Love for Campbell County?

Featured Replies

My son wiil play for Campbell County in 5 years. I don't care who plays for NewCath, Highlands, or Brossart. I want him to play for Troy Styer, and his staff, and I want the Camels to win a state championship in 6A when he plays. What can I do to make that happen? I gaurantee that if CC played Ryle next week (with or without Travis Elliot) they would win. The attitudes at CC are changing. The nepotisim that has held back CC athletics for so many years is gone. The best athletes will be on the field in all sports. Our kids at Campbell County will be able to hold their heads up in any crowd. Who are the idiots that say that CC kids are all about partying, and not playing ball? I know kids from Highlands, Beechwood, NCC, and most otheer No. Ky. schools. They all all party some. Wer'nt we all 16 once? Campbell County has some great players coming up. Though they are not the the No. Ky. all stars like Highlands they take the kids from their district and play the best with them. That will be enough to win. Hang in there Troy we're on our way!

 

I hope your son gets his (or your) wish to play for Troy, but past history isn't in his favor? I'll believe the "nepotism is gone" when I actually witness it, but I think CC's lack of athletic fulfillment has been more administration driven than parent driven? Not sure where you're coming from on the partying comments, as I agree all institutions with teenage kids have problems?? I also can't ever figure where the constant inferiority complex comes from in regards to CC athletics; you all seem to be your own worst enemies?? :confused:

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm very proud of Ryle. I have family on the teem, and was looking forward to seeing them beat the Cake Eaters, but unless somthing somthing drastick happens I don't see it happening. Good luck at SK. As far as the bold statement goes you are right , just getting pumped for the future.

Honestly I'm very proud of Ryle. I have family on the teem, and was looking forward to seeing them beat the Cake Eaters, but unless somthing somthing drastick happens I don't see it happening. Good luck at SK. As far as the bold statement goes you are right , just getting pumped for the future.

 

Fair enough. :thumb: Best of luck with the rest of your season and with your son's future at Campbell.

My son wiil play for Campbell County in 5 years. I don't care who plays for NewCath, Highlands, or Brossart. I want him to play for Troy Styer, and his staff, and I want the Camels to win a state championship in 6A when he plays. What can I do to make that happen? I gaurantee that if CC played Ryle next week (with or without Travis Elliot) they would win. The attitudes at CC are changing. The nepotisim that has held back CC athletics for so many years is gone. The best athletes will be on the field in all sports. Our kids at Campbell County will be able to hold their heads up in any crowd. Who are the idiots that say that CC kids are all about partying, and not playing ball? I know kids from Highlands, Beechwood, NCC, and most otheer No. Ky. schools. They all all party some. Wer'nt we all 16 once? Campbell County has some great players coming up. Though they are not the the No. Ky. all stars like Highlands they take the kids from their district and play the best with them. That will be enough to win. Hang in there Troy we're on our way!

 

What does the partying half to do with anything? The ALL STARS from Highlands work their butts off to be good they might have a couple all stars but not all of them. Its the same at SK, Ryle, Holmes, and any other school its the attitude that the players have to work to get better and the coaches persistance and the support from the community!

Just so I'm clear, this is where we throw out our love for a 2-4 football team, correct?

 

That's a 2-4 team with Simon Kenton still ahead of them, so a team that will likely finish 5-5 at best.

 

With that resume, I can't believe they've flown under the radar this long.

Over the last couple of years that I have been reading the threads on BGP there almost is always a inferance to the kids at CC partying too much to be good in sports. My point was that they partyed no more than anyone else. As for the ALL STAR coment you left out the No. Ky. part and might I add So. Ohio to that group. You are right they work their butts off, and well deserving of their records and alcomplishments

My post never said they looked good losing. Agree that happens there. What is important is that the Camels where on the field and beat Boone. And played a great game against Ryle.

If you were assuming that my post was cheering for an almost win is the same as me assuming that Ryle wanted a close game, and Boone wanted to lose.

 

Coach Styer wants to win as much as anyone. He played at CCH. Went to University of Dayton. All-American center. Played on the same team as John Gruden (Gruden was 4th string). And Kerry Combs was on that team. Troy came back as a teacher to CCH and has been there over 20 years. When 2 people turned the job down in 2 weeks. The school keep asking him to be Head Coach. He took over in July that year. Because he is loyal to the school and kids that go there.

The school Board and Admin. are terrible. There is only one other coach in the building.

 

They lose good football players to Highlands and New Cath. This is because these players parents know they fire the coach every few years.

 

My point is that not every team is Highlands or Trinty. The kids at CCH play hard every day. More teams need to get credit.

 

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

The Highlands faithful had no problem with that sentiment when they had their 7 on 7 with Trinity before the season started. They lost, but all you read was how good they looked!

 

First off it wasn't a 7 on 7. It was a real game scrimmage. When the Camels can hang within 7pts with Trinity and substitute liberally then I will start believing in the Camels. I actually would love for the Camels to beat Trinity like a drum. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Until something changes at the top your just not going to see a lot of success.

Over the last couple of years that I have been reading the threads on BGP there almost is always a inferance to the kids at CC partying too much to be good in sports. My point was that they partyed no more than anyone else. As for the ALL STAR coment you left out the No. Ky. part and might I add So. Ohio to that group. You are right they work their butts off, and well deserving of their records and alcomplishments

 

I don't think I have ever read a thread that blamed poor performance on partying too much. What I have seen, in football in particular, is a system that takes championship Red Devil football teams, turns them into good freshman teams, and then somewhere after that, they stop winning. I'm certain it isn't one thing you can point to, but what is it that enables this pattern to continue?

If we could only do it like Ft. Thomas.:rolleyes:

 

I wouldnt go there my Humped friend. Its just not fair to compare those programs, JMO and facts.

 

I like the Camels chances of being there in the end, they have some excellent athletes and some very good coaches in Alexandria. Keep working hard Camels and good things will come. Good Luck.

I don't think I have ever read a thread that blamed poor performance on partying too much. What I have seen, in football in particular, is a system that takes championship Red Devil football teams, turns them into good freshman teams, and then somewhere after that, they stop winning. I'm certain it isn't one thing you can point to, but what is it that enables this pattern to continue?

 

I think it is easy to say they are successful at the freshman level. For the most part the freshman team remains the freshman team and it is all freshman who play. When you get to the JV/Varsity level those freshman may get split up and kids lose interest and quit. It is just not at Campbell County but a lot of schools I would say. Some kids cannot handle being 2nd or 3rd string and do not want to work hard to get there. Kids mature at different rates. A successful freshman team does not always produce success down the line. Some kids play because it is fun and when it is no longer fun anymore they quit.

 

I get tired of hearing just because the freshman team is successful then they should be successful at the varsity level it simple is not true.

 

Things have to change at the top and I do not mean the coach. You can go back on here (previous threads) and find where there were coaches who wanted to coach at Campbell County and were turned down not by the coach but people higher up.

How about we looked bad in winning? Does that mean you were lucky to win? Raiders were lucky to win the last three weeks. At the beginning of the year a game againt Ryle, Highlands, or T, and X might have been a gauge of how your program is doing, and yes you are right Raiderbird, looking good against Ryle right now is ridiculous way to gauge how well your teem is doing. Campbell County is playing better every week. Some extra work on special teems wins them some games the rest of the season. To the players , and everyone else in the Camel program keep up the good work,.

 

One of the reasons CC isn't getting much love is their unmitigated ability of screwing up a good thing in the past. Not many people are going to give them credit until they actually come out and beat someone. The difference between an underdog playing well and losing and a favorite playing poorly and winning is often times the better team knows how to win and somewhere in the back of their mind expects to win each game no matter what (i.e. coaching, not just at the varsity level but the way they have been coached in the years past) Coach Styer may well be on his way to developing a good program but history isn't on his side when it comes to job security.

I gaurantee that if CC played Ryle next week (with or without Travis Elliot) they would win.

 

Well if that is the case, make sure you schedule Highlands next so you can annoint yourselves champions of NKY!

It's too hard to get on Dale's schedule. He has to do a lot of research to make sure your teem will have a down year when they play.

It's too hard to get on Dale's schedule. He has to do a lot of research to make sure your teem will have a down year when they play.

 

You are opening up a can of worms that does not need to be opened.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.