Boyle County 63 Mercer County 14

toolaidback

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the defensive coordinator or one of the defense coaches from Florida was at the game also. I saw him after the game. I was told that when Lamar visited Florida this summer that he was going to work out for them. He apparently ate a huge cheeseburger and then told them that he was ready to work out. He then ran a 4.6-40 and had a 36" vertical and Florida decided then they wanted him badly. When he was in the office with Urban Meyer the Coach let Lamar hold the championship trophy and asked him if he wanted to play for one of these or for 4th place in the SEC East.:lol: I was also told that Florida feels that UK is the leader for his services and there are rumors surfacing that a couple(yes, a couple) of Boyle players may be walking on at UK next year which leads people to believe he very well may be headed to UK. I was also told that Florida is putting on the full court press for his services as well. Stay tuned. Should get interesting.

I was told that when Lamar visited Florida this summer that he was going to work out for them. He apparently ate a huge cheeseburger and then told them that he was ready to work out. He then ran a 4.6-40 and had a 36" vertical and Florida decided then they wanted him badly. When he was in the office with Urban Meyer the Coach let Lamar hold the championship trophy and asked him if he wanted to play for one of these or for 4th place in the SEC East.:lol: I was also told that Florida feels that UK is the leader for his services and there are rumors surfacing that a couple(yes, a couple) of Boyle players may be walking on at UK next year which leads people to believe he very well may be headed to UK. I was also told that Florida is putting on the full court press for his services as well. Stay tuned. Should get interesting.

I don't know about Lamar, but I've heard the Boyle coach that traveled down to Florida with him was ready to commit right there on the spot!:lol: Too bad his playing days expired a few years back!

Great atmosphere last night for the new turf. I still felt Lamar looked not quite at full speed but a 70% Lamar is better than most any other LB. Great catch and TD run in the game.

I thought Boyle's lines did the job on both sides. Mercer is pitiful looking. I know they were without their starting QB but the kid last night hid the ball well and had quicks, their line is what is horrific. The first Mercer score was a fluke because Cox was there he just did not catch the pass and the Titan receiver caught it on his back from the ricochet. The Kick Retrun by them was legit. But the best Titan play all night was the "roughing the punter" calls. (2 or 3 of them)

Great to be back in Rebel land and see some old friends. Boyle has a lot of work to do to repeat but they potential is there.

I said it yesterday in the 'predictions' thread and knew it was not going to be a pretty night for the Titans. They are fundamentally weak and get blown off the ball on both sides. No blocking for the young, inexperienced QB Lewis, who still made plays when he had to run for his life all night long. Its a shame for these kids. I know alot of people may not believe it, but Mercer does have talent... they historically have. What's the main factor here? Marty Jaggers' 1st year at Mercer showed what hard work and knowledge would do. He started turning the team around that 1st year and then we all know what happened the 2nd year and I really don't want to stir that pot, so please let it go.

You've got Ellis, Burrus and Banks with incredible speed and can make things happen, but if you don't have a line that can block for them and if they don't know how to follow their blocker, well , then that is fundamentals isn't it?

I hate it for the kids!! I'm tired of Mercer County accepting mediocrity in any area. Our kids and our community deserve better! Hang in there Titans!!!

I said it yesterday in the 'predictions' thread and knew it was not going to be a pretty night for the Titans. They are fundamentally weak and get blown off the ball on both sides. No blocking for the young, inexperienced QB Lewis, who still made plays when he had to run for his life all night long. Its a shame for these kids. I know alot of people may not believe it, but Mercer does have talent... they historically have. What's the main factor here? Marty Jaggers' 1st year at Mercer showed what hard work and knowledge would do. He started turning the team around that 1st year and then we all know what happened the 2nd year and I really don't want to stir that pot, so please let it go.

You've got Ellis, Burrus and Banks with incredible speed and can make things happen, but if you don't have a line that can block for them and if they don't know how to follow their blocker, well , then that is fundamentals isn't it?

I hate it for the kids!! I'm tired of Mercer County accepting mediocrity in any area. Our kids and our community deserve better! Hang in there Titans!!!

I agree maddog22. Jaggers was 10-2 his first season. The Junior class at Mercer is the same class that went undefeated as 8th graders and went 8-2 as Freshman. The same players are playing. Makes you wonder what has changed......