Record for Playoff Game Appearances

Mr.Network

This is a good project for Scribe.

I don't know the answer and don't have the time to figure it out but, what Kentucky team has the most playoff game appearances?

Since the playoff system started in the mid 1970's (approximately 30 years), who has played the most games?

Has any team(s) appeared in 100 playoff games?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HHS has 112 based on records starting in 1950 and using 10 games as the regular season and anything additional as a "playoff" game.

Starting in 1970 they've played in 90 of those. Again, that's based on a ten game regular season which I'm totally guessing on before the 1981 season.

HHS has 112 based on records starting in 1950 and using 10 games as the regular season and anything additional as a "playoff" game.

Starting in 1970 they've played in 90 of those. Again, that's based on a ten game regular season which I'm totally guessing on before the 1981 season.

I would guess that HHS may be the benchmark.

Mayfield and Danville will have similar numbers as well.

Funny I was just looking at that Louisville high school football website today and had found a few playoff numbers interesting. They have these listed as records:

Trinity 84 wins in 104 playoff games

St. X 68 of 88

Male 43 of 62

Ballard 24 of 46

Butler 22 of 46

Holy Cross 14 of 30

and the surprise to me

Manual just 6 of 18

Funny I was just looking at that Louisville high school football website today and had found a few playoff numbers interesting. They have these listed as records:

Trinity 84 wins in 104 playoff games

St. X 68 of 88

Male 43 of 62

Ballard 24 of 46

Butler 22 of 46

Holy Cross 14 of 30

and the surprise to me

Manual just 6 of 18

Those numbers correct for Manual? They went and lost to Trinity in 88, and changed into the Magnet program and had a bunch of fairly bad seasons... but there was the time in the early 90s with Travis Prentice... didn't they have a win or two then? And of course, the win over North Hardin my senior year (only to get mashed up by Male the second time that season in the second round), and the win this year... I understand that Manual was kind of down during the 60s or 70s, but surely there were a few years... I don't know, it just seems wierd. I know their numbers wouldn't compare with X and T and M, but still.

I mean, going to the championship alone was 4 wins, unless the playoffs were different then... plus those two... and there were NO other wins?

Those numbers correct for Manual? They went and lost to Trinity in 88, and changed into the Magnet program and had a bunch of fairly bad seasons... but there was the time in the early 90s with Travis Prentice... didn't they have a win or two then? And of course, the win over North Hardin my senior year (only to get mashed up by Male the second time that season in the second round), and the win this year... I understand that Manual was kind of down during the 60s or 70s, but surely there were a few years... I don't know, it just seems wierd. I know their numbers wouldn't compare with X and T and M, but still.

I know what you mean Ram I was the same way. Was on that Louisville H.S. website like that. Was hoping some Ram fan could help and tell me if was right because it did seem weird to me. It says Manual didn't win a playoff game after 1988 until the 2002 season!

If the playoffs started in 1959, what are the playoff games you reference dating back t 1950? How many does Highlands have officially since the playoffs began in 1959?

I know what you mean Ram I was the same way. Was on that Louisville H.S. website like that. Was hoping some Ram fan could help and tell me if was right because it did seem weird to me. It says Manual didn't win a playoff game after 1988 until the 2002 season!

Manual missed the playoffs from 1989-91, was the #4 seed from 1992-94 and was never higher than a #4 seed until 2001.

This is a good project for Scribe.

I don't know the answer and don't have the time to figure it out but, what Kentucky team has the most playoff game appearances?

Since the playoff system started in the mid 1970's (approximately 30 years), who has played the most games?

Has any team(s) appeared in 100 playoff games?

My records only go back 25 years, but hopefully by the start of next year I'll have your answer if all goes as planned.