Bow season opens tomorrow

1968isaac

It's actually very sanitary and quite easy. I plan on videoing the whole hunt/dress/process in an upcoming clip. I do' date=' in fact, leave the carcass in the field for my tenant to bait in coyotes for their removal. I find it easier to debone and put the meat right in the cooler as opposed to hauling the entire deer home and then having to dispose of the carcass on the side of the road somewhere or have stink up my neighborhood.[/quote']

So in other words your wife said no to cutting up a deer at home.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometime water can make it rot quicker than anything, if you dress a dear neatly and clean as long as that meat is cooling below its body temperature at a steady rate you will be fine, now if it starts heating up, or you get a bunch of water in between meat and hide or around the wound thats when trouble starts. I have helped cape and mount a few deer and the worst thing you can do is hang em upside down and put ice in the chest water settles in and rots the head.

Incredibly astute observation. That is hilarious!:clap::laugh:

Your wife would kill you if you brought a carcass home, literally.

By the way saw a big buck behind my brother's house in the woods back on Holmes/Henry Ct. It was about 7pm and probably a 6 pointer.

Nice pics FT. Let me guess, 1st pic is in Death Valley, 2nd pic Highland Park between the swing sets and the picnic bench and grill, 3rd pic is VA Hospital south parking lot near the Pub. LOL, couldnt view the last pic but pretty sure it is in Bank of KY front yard across the street from Smittys Barber Shop.

Nice pics FT. Let me guess, 1st pic is in Death Valley, 2nd pic Highland Park between the swing sets and the picnic bench and grill, 3rd pic is VA Hospital south parking lot near the Pub. LOL, couldnt view the last pic but pretty sure it is in Bank of KY front yard across the street from Smittys Barber Shop.
Hey Sweeperboy don't be giving away my hunting spots!

wow. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that those beasts are out there in my spot.
One of those picture's were from last year, wasnt' big enough last year but he is sporting a nice rack this year. If more people would let 2 and 3 year old bucks walk there would be better quality buck's out there.

Just got home from checking trail cam pictures and feeding. Had 7 different bucks that came in between 6:30 pm and 8:00 am this morning. The bucks definitly more active since the last time I checked. I did a little scouting and found several big rubs. My best stand area hasn't had the right wind to hunt it. Deer are feeding heavy on chicky pin oaks. I found a little sign by some white oaks. Is anybody else seeing alot of acorns?

Just got home from checking trail cam pictures and feeding. Had 7 different bucks that came in between 6:30 pm and 8:00 am this morning. The bucks definitly more active since the last time I checked. I did a little scouting and found several big rubs. My best stand area hasn't had the right wind to hunt it. Deer are feeding heavy on chicky pin oaks. I found a little sign by some white oaks. Is anybody else seeing alot of acorns?

That's Chinkapin Oak, my neighbor.

Pin oaks same way here.