Bow season opens tomorrow

1968isaac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went Saturday morning and had a 1 1/2 old 6 pointer and what I am guessing to be about 140-150" 8 pointer bed down behind me about 60 yards. I tried everything in the world to get the 8 to stand up and give me a shot but he was having none of it. I grunted, snort weezed, even did some light rattling. He wouldn't budge. The 6 pointer ended up walking right behind and offered about 45 yard shot. I was hoping the 8 would follow but he was too busy catching his ZZZ. Put out some corn and trail cam where they went into the woods. Will hopefully get some pics of him.

• 2 weeks later...
Had my first chance of the year to go out this past Sunday. Didn't see jack.

Today marks the third time in a week in a half that I got a call from one of my buddies while I was at work telling me that they took deer out of my stand. Excuse me while I grumble...:madman:

Haven't taken anything yet this year, but I did just receive one of the best phonecalls I've had all year. One of my buddies is on the way back from my farm right now with a nice doe quartered out and on ice the back of his truck. He's very disappointed though, because although he did get to take a doe home, he didn't get a shot at the 14 point buck that stood and grunted at him for about 3 minutes while it stood about 65 yards out from the stand (my stand :D) he was hunting from.

• 4 weeks later...
I thought about going Sunday morning but decided to take the weekend off. Of course we didn't get the snow, just the arctic temps.

I went down to the farm and just about froze my backside to my tree stand. Didn't see a dog-gone thing. Wish I'd have had the forethought to take a camera with me, though. It was gorgeous out.

I went down to the farm and just about froze my backside to my tree stand. Didn't see a dog-gone thing. Wish I'd have had the forethought to take a camera with me, though. It was gorgeous out.

This one's from a snow-day hunting trip from a couple years back. Didn't shoot any deer, but I shot a few good pictures. I've got this one framed in my office now.

curled tree.jpg

Does are traveling in packs right now. Went out Monday and saw a funeral procession of does. No Venison though. Still lookin' for Mr. Big to Slice'n'Ice'

Same here WnS - heading out here in a few for a midday day hunt - I've seen Mr. Big a few times where I'm at but he hasn't given me a shot with my bow! Hopefully today he screws up :0)

• 1 month later...