Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer to Kentucky?

Featured Replies

Multiple reports are coming out right now that 2011 Power Foward Kyle Wiltjer will be committing to Kentucky tonight. He is a 5-star on Scout and a 4-star on Rivals. A bit of a surprise as I didn't see this coming but nonetheless I am still pleased.

 

I'll post a couple of the links just below:

 

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2010/8/28/1655806/kentucky-lands-wiltjer-zags-move

http://twitter.com/espn_OTT_BBB

http://seattle.sbnation.com/2010/8/26/1652946/gonzaga-basketball-recruiting-mark-few

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumors have been flying for a few hours now that he is going to pick UK. Came pretty much out of left field, but the kid is a highly skilled PF that would fit the DDM really well...

  • Author

"I love the program," he said. "They're recruiting classes are very strong and the history of the program. (The coaches) keep telling me they are trying to get me to be the last piece to the puzzle for this year. I want to make a visit to see it."

 

This is a little snippet of what Kyle has said about his recruitment from Kentucky. The "last piece" part of the comment is what really intrigues me and ultimately makes you wonder if this will be the last recruit for the 2011 class which would mean no Miller, no Wroten Jr., no Behanan, or anybody else.

Interesting. Looks like he should be playing at Duke. :D

"I love the program," he said. "They're recruiting classes are very strong and the history of the program. (The coaches) keep telling me they are trying to get me to be the last piece to the puzzle for this year. I want to make a visit to see it."

 

This is a little snippet of what Kyle has said about his recruitment from Kentucky. The "last piece" part of the comment is what really intrigues me and ultimately makes you wonder if this will be the last recruit for the 2011 class which would mean no Miller, no Wroten Jr., no Behanan, or anybody else.

 

I can't imagine them taking anyone else if true until they see who is staying and who is going in the spring...

  • Author
I can't imagine them taking anyone else if true until they see who is staying and who is going in the spring...

 

I agree completely.

You think this is coming because of the offer that was extended to Behanan?

Interesting. Looks like he should be playing at Duke. :D

 

He is def a Duke type player, that is for sure. Very Kyle Singler like. :D

 

 

 

I hope he does come to Kentucky, size that can shoot but still rebound will be very nice. Have him and AD on the inside and I really like where this teams going to be at. Should be able to run everyone out of the gym with such a collection of size, speed, and perimeter skills.

I can't see this happening, the kid has not even been on a visit to UK. I think Gonzaga will be the choice...but this is bizarre.

 

I think UK's courtship with Quincy Miller is pretty much done.

 

I think UK still tries to lure Behanan...nice four year kid to add to the present class.

  • Author
You think this is coming because of the offer that was extended to Behanan?

 

While I'm no expert in the recruiting scene like GT is, I'd imagine this might have motivated Wiltjer to commit to UK soon to guarantee him a spot on the roster. The longer he waits, the worse his chances are of UK not accepting his committment due to other possible commits and not knowing how the roster is going to look after this upcoming season.

This is completely out of left field. I don't mind it though :D

While I'm no expert in the recruiting scene like GT is, I'd imagine this might have motivated Wiltjer to commit to UK soon to guarantee him a spot on the roster. The longer he waits, the worse his chances are of UK not accepting his committment due to other possible commits and not knowing how the roster is going to look after this upcoming season.

 

Thats pretty much my logic on the situation, and from my perspective I think UK would be better off with Wiltjer then they would with Behanan. Now don't get me wrong, Chane is a good kid and a hard working one at that, but Wiltjer gives you more size, more versatility, and will still be a guy who will stay for 3-4 years. If Wiltjer edges Behanan out I think it is a good thing for Cat fans. The thing is now getting all of these guys on campus. Would be nice to add another wing to the class, say a Lebryan Nash, but with only two schollys to be open (Harrellson and Polson) there are going to have to be some guys go to the pros. Optimistically you do not want as much of a turnover next year as you had this year so you can kind of keep a balance and bring back some guys. Say only a Kanter and a Knight/Jones goes, these four come in, I think that is an optimum scenario.

Would be nice to add another wing to the class, say a Lebryan Nash, but with only two schollys to be open (Harrellson and Polson) there are going to have to be some guys go to the pros.

 

There is also still one unused spot to go with those two...

Well, we have 11 guys on scholarship this year, leaving two for next. Harrellson is gone & Polson's scholly is only for a year, so that's two more. The departure of Kanter, Knight & Jones would give us three more, and a total of 7 for 2011. We already have Gilchrist, Teague, Davis, & now evidently this Wiltjer kid. Still have room for 3 more, but that's assuming Kanter, Knight, & Jones all go pro. And I think they will.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.