Mayfield 50 Marshall County 16

Running clock in the 2nd quarter as this contest got lopsided very quickly. I say this after watching every game, but how does Jackson end up being part of every tackle made on the field. Amazing talent! Nice job spreading the ball around to different receivers, very efficient work from Guhy at QB tonight... sure his QB rating was sky high. Looking forward to a nice doubleheader in the Alliance Bowl next Saturday @ Mayfield

First string allowed only 1 first down. 43-0 at the half. Cards looked like a title contender but their speed not as good as last year

Maybe the speed isn't as great, but is the talent across the field better? Everyone seems to think this is Mayfield's year. I hope to see them in December.

Not as much as speed as last year but Mayfield is not slow. Plenty of weapons to strike from anywhere and a experienced offensive line. The defense looked very tough with Jackson all over the field. I think it will be hard to run on the Cards this year. Marshall has a ways to go but I saw a glimmer of hope in the second half and they played hard the whole game.

Jackson is going to be the man when the game gets tough, this guy is all over the field, he just has a nose for the football. What a great linebacker, and just a soph! Mayfield does not have the typical player that can go the distance if he gets in the open field, i think there will be lots of long sustained drives for the cards! Line looks good on both sides of the ball.

The Cards have no real breakaway speed like WR Xavier Shelton had last year nor the quickness or elusivness of a back like Tyreese Murrell was, but, the backs they do have, Noonan, Jackson, Ross and Co. are tougher to bring down and stronger and the WRs are a very solid unit with Richardson, Higginson, Jones, A.Jackson. All have great hands and are solid route runners and all have good size and can go up and get the ball over smaller DBs. I knew the Cards had alot returning, but, what impressed me were the # of quality underclassmen that looks like they can contribute. Good thing I had a program because I kept having to refer to it to see who those guys were and there were 8 or 9 new ones that really impressed me with there athleticism. Guhy was 8-8, 160 yds, 4 TDs and looked very sharp. The 1st qrtr was 36-0 with 5 different players scoring and they made it look effortless. I realize Marshall is rebuilding, but, they still dressed like 70 kids and had some good looking athletes and size. This Mayfield team has the potential to be a very, very special group and the future also looks bright...