2010 Class 1A Preseason Rankings

Birdsfan

Each year, BluegrassPreps.com compiles a comprehensive ranking of every team in each of the six football classes. Below are this year's preseason rankings for Class 1A:

1. Mayfield

2. Hazard

3. Beechwood

4. Lexington Christian

5. Louisville Holy Cross

6. Raceland

7. Campbellsville

8. Crittenden County

9. Fairview

10. Lynn Camp

11. Frankfort

12. Bellevue

13. Pikeville

14. Bethlehem

15. Bishop Brossart

16. Pineville

17. Williamsburg

18. Ballard Memorial

19. Kentucky Country Day

20. Berea

21. Betsy Layne

22. Allen Central

23. Walton-Verona

24. Eminence

25. Trimble County

26. Nicholas County

27. Dayton

28. Ludlow

29. Paintsville

30. Gallatin County

31. Harlan

32. South Floyd

33. Phelps

34. Clinton County

35. Fulton County

36. Paris

37. Fulton City

38. Jenkins

39. Caverna

40. Bracken County

:thumb:I think I would be happy if things stayed the same all year. We are so young on the line. That would mean that we would have at least beat Nicholas Co, Paris and #9 Fairview. I'm happy that whoever voted thinks we are going to improve and have faith in this team. I'm not saying it is impossible for us to stay at #6 or that we could even move up in the rankings. Lord knows I've been wrong before. I'm just saying with our out of district tough schedule we could lose some early season games. I know a couple other schools that are on our heels in the 1A rankings dont play the out of district schedule we play. But I hope people look at this as only a preseason poll and don't get all upset over where they are in the rankings. It means nothing till week 10 rolls around. I think just from what I read it is Mayfield, Beechwood, Louisville HC that will be really hard to beat. But then you have LCA and Hazzard. Going to be a fun season I think!!:thumb::banana:

Not that these rankings matter, but I can't understand why Frankfort is at number 11. They return 90% of what they ended the year with last season. Plus with 2 key players out tonight the beat the #4 rank team in a scrimmage. (I know scrimmages mean little as well)

Not that these rankings matter, but I can't understand why Frankfort is at number 11. They return 90% of what they ended the year with last season. Plus with 2 key players out tonight the beat the #4 rank team in a scrimmage. (I know scrimmages mean little as well)

But Frankfort ended last season barely beating a #4 seed in Bishop Brossart before losing to Bellevue. Maybe some people just aren't sure if the talent there is as strong as it's been in the past. I do think Frankfort will be the overwhelming favorite in their district and should make the regional final, but I'd say Beechwood would be too much for them.

But Frankfort ended last season barely beating a #4 seed in Bishop Brossart before losing to Bellevue. Maybe some people just aren't sure if the talent there is as strong as it's been in the past. I do think Frankfort will be the overwhelming favorite in their district and should make the regional final, but I'd say Beechwood would be too much for them.

Your right no talent left. Barely winning. I actually like it that my favorite team is sitting below the radar.

So you are saying these rankings are based on last years 1st round playoff performance and their current chances of beating Beachwood?

Your right no talent left. Barely winning. I actually like it that my favorite team is sitting below the radar.

So you are saying these rankings are based on last years 1st round playoff performance and their current chances of beating Beachwood?

Relax Coach, not what I meant. I'm just saying that Frankfort is a bit of an unknown quality right now. They've lost some really good players over the last couple seasons and many are in a holding pattern to see who will step into those vacated spots. Frankfort normally doesn't have any trouble filling in for graduates and I don't expect them to this year. But right now there just isn't enough evidence to warrant a top five prediction. That certainly doesn't mean they won't eventually get there.

Relax Coach, not what I meant. I'm just saying that Frankfort is a bit of an unknown quality right now. They've lost some really good players over the last couple seasons and many are in a holding pattern to see who will step into those vacated spots. Frankfort normally doesn't have any trouble filling in for graduates and I don't expect them to this year. But right now there just isn't enough evidence to warrant a top five prediction. That certainly doesn't mean they won't eventually get there.

You may be right Frankfort my not have the players such Weaver, Tillman, Robinson , but they return 90% of the team not to mention they didn't have Dwight or Q any last season and still were competitive. Those player that they had to just throw in are progressing ever more... but then again this is good I myself like Frankfort under the radar. I'm not saying top 5 but CoachB has some points.

Put Frankfort where you want, they will always bring competition to any team. Looking back at last year, a lot of kids had to step up to fill the shoes of those that got hurt a lot.

Frankfort being ranked at 11 is pretty understandable right now, they hold a lot of questions to the 1A, but I say by week 6 they will be turning heads with their young talent and always Speed.

Frankfort did a pretty good job against last year's LCA Champions.

By the way Frankfort sat out 2 starters Thursday, starting Lineman and the starting running back. Frankfort has players that can step up and I see them raising a few eyebrows in the 1A this year.