How do you see your team doing this season?

CatsCatsCats

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckeyes Baby!

Anything less than a National Championship will be a disappointment. They could lose, but won't, to Miami early and still have a shot, but they need to run the table, especially in the Big Ten.

I look for TP, Posey, Hayward, Chekwa, & Ross Homan to all have great years. At running back they return Saine and Herron who will get most of the work, but I expect either Hall or Berry to breakout this year.

Probably my biggest concern is at Kicker. Since Tressel likes the FGs and OSU is used to consistency at the kicker position, Barclay has to perform.

The one game they need to win is Miami. That will set the tone for the rest of the year.

21 days to kickoff! :ylsuper:

Should be easy wins over:

FAMU, Duke, Virginia, Maryland. I think they win all four of these.

Tough games they will be favored in and should win IMO:

Clemson, FSU, USF, Georgia Tech. While they could win all 4, I think they'll probably drop one to this group.

Extremely tough games:

@OSU, @Pitt, UNC, Virginia Tech. Winning two of these would be great, but I'm to competitive for that. I want at least 3 wins against these teams. Miami owes UNC and VT from last year, and they had better beat Pitt.

So somewhere between 9-11 wins is what I'm thinking.

My breakout guys are Adewale Ojoma at Defensive End, Lamar "I'm the best back from Dade in a long time" Miller at RB, and my boy LaRon Byrd at WR. I also think that Jacory Harris cuts down on his picks.

My concerns are the offensive line and the LBs. Miami might have one of the 5 biggest lines in the country now but it's inexperienced as can be. I'm really afraid that teams like OSU, UNC and VT will expose them. At LB I love Spence, McCarthy is good, but the MLB position is a joke. I'm hoping they put Futch or Buchanan at the other OLB and move McCarthy to the middle.

If they could only win one game I would take beating FSU I guess. I really hate what they did to Bowden and can't stand Jimbo Fisher. Beating OSU sure would be nice though. The Bucks fans on here are really nice, but the ones I know away from here are going to be all over me if Miami gets beat.

The Bucks fans on here are really nice, but the ones I know away from here are going to be all over me if Miami gets beat.

Kind of like my buddy at work who is a big USC fan the last two years. Needless to say he has had a few free Red Bulls in September.

UK:

UofL- W

WKU- W

Akron- W

UF- L

Ole Miss- W

Auburn- L

South Carolina- L

Georgia-L

Mississippi State- L

Charleston Southern- W

Vandy- W

Tennessee- W

I'm seeing 7-5, though 5 or 6 wins is a definite possibility IMO. I could also see UK getting to 8 or maybe even 9 wins.

I'm worried about everyone not named Randall Cobb or Derrick Locke. I think King and Matthews will be much better.

If UK could only win one game I would want it to be Florida. For one it's because I hate their team more than all other teams combined. Two I would love to rub it in BigSpikes face. I would never let him live that down in a million years because he has said UF will NEVER lose to UK.

UK:

UofL- W

WKU- W

Akron- W

UF- L

Ole Miss- W

Auburn- L

South Carolina- L

Georgia-L

Mississippi State- L

Charleston Southern- W

Vandy- W

Tennessee- W

I'm seeing 7-5, though 5 or 6 wins is a definite possibility IMO. I could also see UK getting to 8 or maybe even 9 wins.

I'm worried about everyone not named Randall Cobb or Derrick Locke. I think King and Matthews will be much better.

If UK could only win one game I would want it to be Florida. For one it's because I hate their team more than all other teams combined. Two I would love to rub it in BigSpikes face. I would never let him live that down in a million years because he has said UF will NEVER lose to UK.

VERY close to what I see with this team. I think they will win 1 of the key 3 game homestretch though. I think they will lose one of the games in Mississippi, i'm just not sure which one yet.

Ole Miss

Jacksonville State W 49-6 (Everyone not redshirting should play)

@Tulane W 35-3

Vandy W 35-21 (Vandy always plays us tougher for whatever reason)

Fresno State W 28-24 (If we lose one nonconference game this is clearly it)

Kentucky W 35-14 (UK's weak D-line lets us run all over the field and our D will shut UK's offense down minus Cobb who will get his regardless of who UK plays).

@Bama L 28-17 (Slim to none chance here so hopefully it's this close so it's mildly entertaining for me to watch)

@Arkansas W (Nutt will ALWAYS be ready to play Arkansas, Bobby P. will be drawn and quartered afterwords for all to see)

Auburn L 24-21 (Good enough to win this one but this will be our classic letdown/meltdown of the year)

La Lafayette W 42-14 (everyone plays again)

@Tennessee W 31-14 (UT's weak O-Line against our top 5 in the country D-line will spell disaster for the Orange. Also their general lack of a QB, runningbacks, and wide receivers and loss of Eric Berry. Oh ya and Dooley was a terrible hire.)

@LSU L 24-14 (Beaten them two years in a row won't win 3 in Baton Rouge.

Miss. State W 31-14 (It's payback time)

So I'm going with Ole Miss finishing at 9-3. It could slip to 8-4 or 7-5 rather quickly though. Games I could be wrong on are Fresno, UK, State, and Arkansas. I could also be wrong and us win Auburn. Worst case I see 7-5 though and best case 10-2. But I feel much better about it being 9-3. I feel we will probably wint up in Atlanta/Tampa. With 3 conference losses you can forget going to Capital One Bowl, Cotton won't want us after having us two straight years (everyone needs a change of scenery every now and then), which leaves us with Peach or Outback as likely destinations.

SEC Predictions

East

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina (Darth Visor calls it quits)

Tennessee

Vandy

West

Bama (won't be undefeated)

Auburn

LSU

Ole Miss

Arkansas

State

I would bet Ole Miss/Ark/LSU finish in a 3 way tie in conference records. The West will own the East in the 18 head to head matchups 13-5.

UofL:

I see 5-7... and maybe that's being optimistic.

Kentucky - L

Eastern Kentucky - W

at Oregon State - L

at Arkansas St. - W

Memphis - W

Cincinnati - L

Connecticut - L

at Pittsburgh - L

at Syracuse - W

South Florida - W

West Virginia - L

at Rutgers - L

As far as breakout seasons, Doug Beaumont is FINALLY going to get his touchdowns this year.

If the Cardinals could only win one game... this is the easiest question I'll answer all month: UK.

VERY close to what I see with this team. I think they will win 1 of the key 3 game homestretch though. I think they will lose one of the games in Mississippi, i'm just not sure which one yet.

I think they'll win one of those three too, I just didn't know which one. I'm hoping its the one against Spurrier.

SHOULD WIN

Army

Tulsa

Navy

Western Michigan

Purdue

Michigan

Utah

Michigan State

TOUGH GAMES

Pitt

BC

USC

Stanford

Look for ND to have the best TE in the nation in Kyle Rudolph. He and Mike Floyd should rack up huge numbers in Kelly's spread. The biggest question marks ND has is their QB and their defense.

Dayne Crist is a former 5 star recruit who can move. He is a great fit for Kelly's spread, but he has started only one game and is coming off of an ACL injury. He says his knee is 100 percent, but you never know how much an ACL will effect a player.

The Defense should be improved this year as it goes back to the 34. Last year the defense was plain bad, but most of the players were playing out of position in the 43. Look for senior Brian Smith to have a big year at OLB and sophmore Manti T'eo at ILB.

Look for Theo Riddick to have a big year as the speedy sophmore makes the move from HB to the slot. Freshman T.J. Jones will get some time at reciever and there is alot of talk about Austin Collinsworth as well.

All in all I see ND finishing with at least 9 wins. BK did great things with UC his first year and I don't see why he can't to great things with the talent on this roster.

UofL:

I see 5-7... and maybe that's being optimistic.

Kentucky - L

Eastern Kentucky - W

at Oregon State - L

at Arkansas St. - W

Memphis - W

Cincinnati - L

Connecticut - L

at Pittsburgh - L

at Syracuse - W

South Florida - W

West Virginia - L

at Rutgers - L

As far as breakout seasons, Doug Beaumont is FINALLY going to get his touchdowns this year.

If the Cardinals could only win one game... this is the easiest question I'll answer all month: UK.

Amen!

Okay, Here's how I see my 'Eer's playing out this year:

Coastal Carolina (w)

@ Marshall (w)

Maryland (w)

@ LSU (L) but I think it will be closer than folks think

UNLV (w)

South Florida (w)

Syracuse (w)

UCONN (w) Still have not beat the Eer's

Cincinnati (w)

@ UL (w)

@ PITT (L)

Rutgers (W) I see it 10-2 possibly 9-3 anything less than that and Billy will be on the hot seat. I can only hope.