Rank the NFL Quarterbacks

I'm thinking your avatar is going to have to be your favorite player LeBron James throwing up the powder. Or Big Ben holding up the Super Bowl trophy. Or something to be named later I don't know :lol:.

And disagreements make this site I think. :thumb:

Well with Lebron James now being on the same team as my favorite player in Wade. I am having to become a fan of Lebron and like him, so its fine with me haha. :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Brees

2. Manning

3. Brady

4. Favre

5. Romo

6. Rivers

7. Roethlisberger

8. Rodgers

9. E Manning

10. Palmer

11. McNabb

12. Ryan

13. Schaub

14. Flacco

15. Cutler

16. Henne

17. Young

18. Vick

19. Sanchez

20. Hasselbeck

21. Cassell

22. Stafford

23. Kolb

24. Orton

25. Campbell

26. Smith

27. Delhomme

28. Garrard

29. Edwards

30. Freeman

31. Leinhart

32. Moore

33. Bradford

Brees is my number one because he won the ring last year and Peyton did not. Peyton threw the interception that went for a pick six and sealed the Colts fate, Brees did not. We can all agree that Peyton is one of the best qb's to ever play and physically you want what he has in ever quarterback, he is the blueprint. But, Colts have had seven straight seasons of 12 or more victories and only one ring. Brady would be ahead of him if it wasn't for the knee injury a couple years ago, Brady would actually be number one if it wasn't for that. Cannot teach winning and you want your qb to win.

Everybody has Romo down on their lists, but had a remarkable season last year. Cut down on the stupid mistakes and turnovers, and still made a lot of plays out of nothing. Very Brett Favre esk. Won games in december for the boys, and a playoff game, something that hadn't been done since 96'. Also beat the Saints late in the season to lock up a playoff birth. You will see a very good Tony Romo this upcoming season, perhaps even MVP like. I used to hate Tony Romo, but he got my respect last year.

Palmer finally has another target to throw to other than Ocho, and he actually has a couple more if Bryant can get healthy, and if Gresham steps in and plays well. Matt Jones and Jordan Shipley are also wild cards. I look for Palmer to have a HUGE year, especially since the injury is a few years behind him now.

If Cutler can cut down on the interceptions and win some games, he will shoot up the list. Has all the talent in the world.

Vince Young is a winner thats all you can say. After everything that has happened, and for him to step in last year and lead them on that winning streak just shows what kind of leader/competitor he is. Would like to have him higher but his actual quarterbacking skills aren't on par with everyone above him. Plus, don't ever think about flashing him an upside down hook em horns.

Mike Vick is def a top 20 qb in this league, still. If given the chance, Vick would be Vick like. Says for the first time in his football career he is actually working and putting effort into his game. Used to he was the last one there and first to leave and he still gave you the Michael Vick experience.

Kevin Kolb has the talent, but hes going to have to show me something. Could make a jump to a 10-15 qb, but he has to do it on the field first.

Peyton is the clear #1 and I really can't believe that this many people have Brees and Brady ahead of him.

I would go something like this...

Manning

Brees

Brady

Rodgers

Favre

Rivers

McNabb

Romo

Ben

Palmer

Eli

Cutler

Ryan

Young

Shaub

Hasselbeck

Vick

Cassell

Sanchez

Henne

Flacco

Kolb

Brees is my number one because he won the ring last year and Peyton did not. Peyton threw the interception that went for a pick six and sealed the Colts fate, Brees did not. We can all agree that Peyton is one of the best qb's to ever play and physically you want what he has in ever quarterback, he is the blueprint. But, Colts have had seven straight seasons of 12 or more victories and only one ring. Brady would be ahead of him if it wasn't for the knee injury a couple years ago, Brady would actually be number one if it wasn't for that. Cannot teach winning and you want your qb to win.

Everybody has Romo down on their lists, but had a remarkable season last year. Cut down on the stupid mistakes and turnovers, and still made a lot of plays out of nothing. Very Brett Favre esk. Won games in december for the boys, and a playoff game, something that hadn't been done since 96'. Also beat the Saints late in the season to lock up a playoff birth. You will see a very good Tony Romo this upcoming season, perhaps even MVP like. I used to hate Tony Romo, but he got my respect last year.

Palmer finally has another target to throw to other than Ocho, and he actually has a couple more if Bryant can get healthy, and if Gresham steps in and plays well. Matt Jones and Jordan Shipley are also wild cards. I look for Palmer to have a HUGE year, especially since the injury is a few years behind him now.

If Cutler can cut down on the interceptions and win some games, he will shoot up the list. Has all the talent in the world.

Vince Young is a winner thats all you can say. After everything that has happened, and for him to step in last year and lead them on that winning streak just shows what kind of leader/competitor he is. Would like to have him higher but his actual quarterbacking skills aren't on par with everyone above him. Plus, don't ever think about flashing him an upside down hook em horns.

Mike Vick is def a top 20 qb in this league, still. If given the chance, Vick would be Vick like. Says for the first time in his football career he is actually working and putting effort into his game. Used to he was the last one there and first to leave and he still gave you the Michael Vick experience.

Kevin Kolb has the talent, but hes going to have to show me something. Could make a jump to a 10-15 qb, but he has to do it on the field first.

Mike Vick is one of my all-time favorites but come on.

Mike Vick is one of my all-time favorites but come on.

So you honestly don't think Vick is as good/better than guys like Orton, Cassell, Campbell, Garrard, Smith, Edwards, etc. You come on. It's not like he missed time because he had a devastating injury, he lost time because he got into trouble. Vick always played with his God given talent anyway, and that is something that just doesn't disappear. He has had over a year to work, train and do everything necessary to get back into football shape, and those around him have said he has worked harder to get to where hes at now then he had his entire career previously. You give me a team next year and I have my choice of Vick or all the guys on the list below him, I am taking Vick every time. The Eagles must feel pretty good about him knowing that if something happens to Kolb, or if Kolb starts off slow that he is their guy being they traded the face of their franchise in division. Mike Vick got a bad rep with everything that has happened, and rightfully so. BUT, that is the reason so many teams passed on him, not his abilities. He would start for at least 10-15 teams in this league.

So you honestly don't think Vick is as good/better than guys like Orton, Cassell, Campbell, Garrard, Smith, Edwards, etc. You come on. It's not like he missed time because he had a devastating injury, he lost time because he got into trouble. Vick always played with his God given talent anyway, and that is something that just doesn't disappear. He has had over a year to work, train and do everything necessary to get back into football shape, and those around him have said he has worked harder to get to where hes at now then he had his entire career previously. You give me a team next year and I have my choice of Vick or all the guys on the list below him, I am taking Vick every time. The Eagles must feel pretty good about him knowing that if something happens to Kolb, or if Kolb starts off slow that he is their guy being they traded the face of their franchise in division. Mike Vick got a bad rep with everything that has happened, and rightfully so. BUT, that is the reason so many teams passed on him, not his abilities. He would start for at least 10-15 teams in this league.

10 to 15 teams? You have to be joking.

Vick was never a great or even very good passer. The Falcons offense was really, really vanilla for him when he was there. The complex offenses of the NFL are something Vick knows nothing about. He has never been able to sit in the pocket and read coverage. However he was able to make up for that because of his world class athleticism. The dude was probably one of the 5 or 10 fastest players in the NFL and that's a nightmare to defend from the QB position. Vick is not a world class athlete anymore. The guy I saw last year wasn't even one of the 50 fastest players in the league, maybe not even top 80-100.

You cannot learn to read NFL coverage in a prison cell. Most of the time you can't even really tell whats going on defensively by the television broadcast. Even if some how he got his hands on NFL coaches tape and watched it over and over, don't you think it would be hard to keep up with the timing of the NFL game? Safeties in the NFL can be at the line of scrimmage at the snap and then shoot back and cover a deep half of the field in cover 2. Everyone of the guys you mentioned is way more prepared to be an NFL starter than Vick is right now IMO. I'd say he shows flashes of his old self but I couldn't imagine the Eagles would go very long with him if Kolb got hurt.

Vick had just got out when he suited up last year, he has now had an entire year to do football related activities. Thread says best NFL quarterbacks, not passers, not best in the pocket, not most accurate passer, but best quarterback which can include many intangibles. Quarterback is the most sustaining position in the league, meaning guys typically have longer careers from the qb position, thus meaning Vick should still have a few years. So I'm serious, give me Vick anyday over some of these other guys, who needs complex systems when you have him and the West Coast Offense.

I just don't understand how you can have a top ten quarterback, sit him out a year or two (non injury related) then act like he don't stand a chance to be able to play, even with over a year to prepare and get ready. I could see it if he blew his knee or tore his rotator culf, but no injury at all. If Vinny flippin Testeverde can come back and play at 41 then I think Mike Vick stands a good chance at 30.

Vick had just got out when he suited up last year, he has now had an entire year to do football related activities. Thread says best NFL quarterbacks, not passers, not best in the pocket, not most accurate passer, but best quarterback which can include many intangibles. Quarterback is the most sustaining position in the league, meaning guys typically have longer careers from the qb position, thus meaning Vick should still have a few years. So I'm serious, give me Vick anyday over some of these other guys, who needs complex systems when you have him and the West Coast Offense.

All of Vick's intangibles seem to be gone.

I just don't understand how you can have a top ten quarterback, sit him out a year or two (non injury related) then act like he don't stand a chance to be able to play, even with over a year to prepare and get ready. I could see it if he blew his knee or tore his rotator culf, but no injury at all. If Vinny flippin Testeverde can come back and play at 41 then I think Mike Vick stands a good chance at 30.

He sat out two years in prison. It's not like he was still around the game or could really train. Sure he trained in prison but not like what an NFL player would do out of lock up. Vinny Testeverde was also a polished passer not like Vick. Vick's entire game was athleticism and it was great, but he doesn't have that kind of athleticism anymore from what I've seen. Do you think he's even close to as fast as he used to be?

All of Vick's intangibles seem to be gone.

He sat out two years in prison. It's not like he was still around the game or could really train. Sure he trained in prison but not like what an NFL player would do out of lock up. Vinny Testeverde was also a polished passer not like Vick. Vick's entire game was athleticism and it was great, but he doesn't have that kind of athleticism anymore from what I've seen. Do you think he's even close to as fast as he used to be?

I pretty much agree with everything you said. This will be the year to see if Vick can reclaim some of his mystique. He simply did not have the legs under him to make a difference. Maybe he will come back like Ricky Williams.

Why is Eli getting all this love? His career passer rating is only 79.2 that is not good its only 5 points better than Couch. It is lower than Byron Leftwich, Matt Cassel, Jason Campbell, Jeff George, Elvis Grbac, and even Damon Huard.

It's also lower than that always overrated Palmer guy....

That one's for you Cats. :lol: