Zach Price to play at J-Town

J-Town will have quite a team next season

Price, who announced last month that his family was moving from Ohio to Louisville where they have relatives, said he visited a few schools before deciding on J'town.

"I came to the decision that's where I had a good chemistry with the team and I really liked the style of play," Price said late Sunday night. "Some of the other schools were not the ideal image I had for my final year.

He's the second high-profile transfer who will enroll at J'town. He joins former Manual star Tony Kimbro Jr., who came to town after two years at Arden (NC.) Christ School.

I'm guessing that the sort of ties Morrow has with Pitino played a role in the destination?

Two transfers in would seem to not make Jeffersontown a favorite of other local teams.

1. Without question.

2. Eastern will be real tough to beat no matter who JTown adds...

Jtown and Eastern appear to be the favorites but Ballard, Seneca, and Trinity will be very good again !

I think Eastern was the clear cut favorite pre-season last year but never seened to gell and ended up being no better than the 3rd best team in the 7th so Jtown will have to prove that they can mesh all the talent and new personalities into a team!

The game isn't decided simply by the number of D1 players putting on the jerseys if they can't play together!

Anyone think his comments might throw up some red flags to the KHSAA? Even if he moves it's not supposed to be for athletic reasons according to what I understand the rules to be.

I was thinking the same thing. He can't cherry-pick schools for athletic reasons. It doesn't work that way with the KHSAA. At least he shouldn't go around being quoted in articles saying that's what he's doing. He may run into some issues with the KHSAA unless he denies the quote.

Anyone think his comments might throw up some red flags to the KHSAA? Even if he moves it's not supposed to be for athletic reasons according to what I understand the rules to be.

I was thinking the same thing. He can't cherry-pick schools for athletic reasons. It doesn't work that way with the KHSAA. At least he shouldn't go around being quoted in articles saying that's what he's doing. He may run into some issues with the KHSAA unless he denies the quote.

I don't the "for athletic purposes" has anything to do when the kid is moving from outside of KY.

I don't the "for athletic purposes" has anything to do when the kid is moving from outside of KY.

Really? These comments + signing to play basketball at Louisville makes me think basketball might have something to do with the move. I don't think the KHSAA will do anything, but maybe the new commish will set a new tone.

All of his comments were about where he best fit in as a team. Nothing about academics. If his family moves really nothing you can do about it. However, some of the schools he visited should be investigated. He didnt just visit he worked out with them. J-town is the Oak Hill of Ky this year. I wouldnt count out Ballard. They just reload and their style of deffense gives a lot of teams trouble. Devonte Parker is as good as anyone in the 7th.