Issue with the Police

Rebel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved a call from a deputy about this while I was away from home picking up two of the new I-phones for my children. I tried calling them back but got no answer, so I left a message to call me back on my cell. I'm not looking to start any trouble and I wished that this never happened. I am not looking to get a lawyer, all I want is the truth and some answers. I feel I am entitled to that.

I recieved a call from a deputy about this while I was away from home picking up two of the new I-phones for my children. I tried calling them back but got no answer, so I left a message to call me back on my cell. I'm not looking to start any trouble and I wished that this never happened. I am not looking to get a lawyer, all I want is the truth and some answers. I feel I am entitled to that.

:thumb:

I have always heard (definitely not saying that makes it right), but have heard that if your door was cracked open then a police officer may enter without a warrant. So, I would imagine the same would be true if your garage door was open. Also, it may be different if the garage isn't attached to the house.

Once again, just what I've heard, not sure if its entirely true.

That's what I was thinking as well but can't remember for sure.

No one was home, how do we know that this wasn't done?

We don't. We just have the word of a neighbor who may or may not have seen everything. How far away was he when he saw this go down?

As far as an attorney goes. Don't you have to be able to prove damages of some kind before filing a lawsuit? If the owner isn't home, were there damages? Can an attorney on here shed some light?

I'd just like to get the whole story from both sides before offering up any kind of "this is what I would do..."

Just think if u was home wow! Easy way for someone to get seriously hurt from what I have heard sounds like they should have knocked on the door or went to your parents house sounds like the cop was lucky the dogs didn't catch them a midnight snack.

No one was home, how do we know that this wasn't done?

My 22 year old daughter was in her room sleeping with her door locked. She heard the little dog inside bark but was to afraid to come out to see what was going on. My parents called her while this was going on but she did not answer because the cordless phone was outside of her room.

I really do believe that they knocked on the door or rang the door bell. Why wouldn't they? IMO that was the first thing they had done.

We don't. We just have the word of a neighbor who may or may not have seen everything. How far away was he when he saw this go down?

I'd just like to get the whole story from both sides before offering up any kind of "this is what I would do..."

The neighbor was my father and it's not to hard to see 2 men with flashlights crawl under and into my garage at 1:30 in the morning with no blue lights on the cruiser. What would any normal person think if this happened?

As far as an attorney goes. Don't you have to be able to prove damages of some kind before filing a lawsuit? If the owner isn't home, were there damages? Can an attorney on here shed some light?

Let me get this straight.

In your initial post, you say that contacting an attorney is ridiculous.

In your second post, you ask for an attorney's opinion?

That's too good. :lol: