A Stupid Idea?

But America isn't a Christian nation. How are you not understanding that? The whole concept around which our nation was founded was freedom of speech and religion, not "majority rules"....

And to make a comparison to a country's primary language is completely off base.

Your into that secular nation deal. Fine. The majority does rule when it comes to voting. I see we are going down another dark alley here. You will go by the constitution then, not the original one, but as it has been amended how many times? I am just trying to save each of us some posts.....:D:D

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your into that secular nation deal. Fine. The majority does rule when it comes to voting. I see we are going down another dark alley here. You will go by the constitution then, not the original one, but as it has been amended how many times? I am just trying to save each of us some posts.....:D:D

:lol: It does appear so.

Are you saying the original intent of our founding fathers not only gaining independence, but coming over to America from Europe wasn't for freedom to practice whatever religion they desired?

:lol: It does appear so.

Are you saying the original intent of our founding fathers not only gaining independence, but coming over to America from Europe wasn't for freedom to practice whatever religion they desired?

I think their number one goal was self preservation. Then independence and then freedom of religion. I tried hard not to make it three things, because then we have a trinity and that causes trouble in the P + R forum and the football section.

I do.

I don't, but I sure as heck am not gonna have theirs tossed down my gullet either. Some of the older posters can tell you indeed Spring Break used to be Easter Break.

Who is tossing what religion down your throat?

You know if I am in France-I would expect to hear the people speaking French. If I am in a country that is predominantly Christian, I suppose I would think I would hear "Merry Christmas" alot.

Apples to Buick comparison.

It seems to me the original bill of rights had that pesky separation of church and state thing so try again.

The amount of intolerance and holier-than-thou behavior in this thread is mind-boggling ...

Wait...here's what I've learned:

It's OK to be intolerant....if you're an American and/or a Christian. Thankfully MOST people don't think that way, though, even in this thread.

Wait...here's what I've learned:

It's OK to be intolerant....if you're an American and/or a Christian. Thankfully MOST people don't think that way, though, even in this thread.

You all are going to call it whatever you call it. I believe the majority doesn't shout on these boards, as your side seems to have the edge here. We shall see in the next couple of elections which way the country goes.

You all are going to call it whatever you call it. I believe the majority doesn't shout on these boards, as your side seems to have the edge here. We shall see in the next couple of elections which way the country goes.

I don't have a 'side'. I'm an American, I believe in freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to a speedy trial, and a jury of my peers, among many other things. I refuse to succumb to fear mongering and refuse to treat people who are different than I by belief system, skin color or gender as anything but equal.

I don't have a 'side'. I'm an American, I believe in freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the right to a speedy trial, and a jury of my peers, among many other things. I refuse to succumb to fear mongering and refuse to treat people who are different than I by belief system, skin color or gender as anything but equal.

Strange, but as one that disagrees with you often, that is not how I feel about it.