Track the NBA Playoffs (Conference Finals)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter and Howard with 3 fouls.

My question is.....Why did we all overlook the Celtics coming in to the playoffs? When healthy they are favorite 1A along with LA being 1B (or most likely vice-versa) IMO.

This is where you need to be reeled in. Until they dethrone the reigning champs they are number 2. Not 1a or 1b, number 2 until they beat the Lakers in the Finals. And don't forget it, Cats.:taz::D

Yup. I've always thought that you can't win anything with VC on your squad. He was starting to make me change my mind and then the last two minutes happened :lol:.

Yeah, I was going to put something on facebook about VC until I saw you on here. You were definitely on point about VC.

This is where you need to be reeled in. Until they dethrone the reigning champs they are number 2. Not 1a or 1b, number 2 until they beat the Lakers in the Finals. And don't forget it, Cats.:taz::D

I like the Lakers to win it all, but let's not forget the last time these two met in the finals. The Lakers have to be the favorite because they're on a roll and are the defending champs. The Celtics have to be the favorites because they have not lost a series when they have their full roster and beat down the Lakers the last time they met. So, I have to say they are Co-Favorites.

I like the Lakers to win it all, but let's not forget the last time these two met in the finals. The Lakers have to be the favorite because they're on a roll and are the defending champs. The Celtics have to be the favorites because they have not lost a series when they have their full roster and beat down the Lakers the last time they met. So, I have to say they are Co-Favorites.

Whatever. That was a different Laker team then. It was a different Pau Gasol then. It was no Andrew Bynum then. The Lakers have the ring AND home court advantage in the Finals. Bring it. Kobe will guard Rondo and that will be that.

Yeah, I was going to put something on facebook about VC until I saw you on here. You were definitely on point about VC.

I used to follow Vinsanity very closely. He's mentally weak in the playoffs and tried to cop out with an injury in the 3rd IMO. Talent-wise give me VC over Turk any day. But, I just don't think he gives the Magic everything Turk gave them. The Magic have no one to go and get them a bucket at the end of games, for goodness sake Dwight Howard has been their best option. Turk made plays both scoring and passing. Nelson had 4 assist tonight, for all intensive purposes JJ Redick has been their best playmaker in this series as far as getting the ball to other players in a postion where they can score.

The Magic were the favorites by the experts in this series, but will need a historic comeback in this series to make it to the finals, where it looks like they would meet an extremely well rested Lakers team.....Yikes.

Whatever. That was a different Laker team then. It was a different Pau Gasol then. It was no Andrew Bynum then. The Lakers have the ring AND home court advantage in the Finals. Bring it. Kobe will guard Rondo and that will be that.

Yeah, but this is a different Rondo which should balance out the improvements from Gasol a little bit. I think it's all even as far as improvements. The Big 3 are older, but wiser. Kobe is older and playing the smartest basketball IMO that I have witnessed in the NBA. Gasol is a beast right now, but he's been guarded by Jeff Green & Boozer who are probably about 6'7" and Amare who my mother could probably post up. I can't wait to see the matchup between him and Garnett.

Gun to my head and I'll pick the Lakers, but I think it's going to be an epic series (if it happens).

Yeah, but this is a different Rondo which should balance out the improvements from Gasol a little bit. I think it's all even as far as improvements. The Big 3 are older, but wiser. Kobe is older and playing the smartest basketball IMO that I have witnessed in the NBA. Gasol is a beast right now, but he's been guarded by Jeff Green & Boozer who are probably about 6'7" and Amare who my mother could probably post up. I can't wait to see the matchup between him and Garnett.

Gun to my head and I'll pick the Lakers, but I think it's going to be an epic series (if it happens).

I agree completely. None of that co-favorite, 1a, 1b stuff. :D