Track the NBA Playoffs (Conference Finals)

They got beat in nearly every statistical category, and by alot in many of them.

It's hard for me to say the Lakers were outplaying Phoenix when the Suns were erasing a near 20 point deficit. Just saying...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard for me to say the Lakers were outplaying Phoenix when the Suns were erasing a near 20 point deficit. Just saying...

As crazy as it is to say, they did. That's what should be so scary for the Lakers IMO. The Lakers were much closer to the top of their game than the Suns were.

It's funny how Vinsanity gets aggressive and actually plays well after his team is out of the game.

It's also funny how last season the Orlando Magic were the future of the NBA with their unique makeup of Dwight Howard and 11 perimeter players. Until they do it, I'm skeptical that a team can ride one big man and three pointers to a championship. Especially a big man that can be single covered if necessary because his offensive game is non-existent outside of three feet.

Now, if the Lakers will stay focused and take care of business, we can get the rematch we want.

I figured Boston would come out with more intensity and close the series out, but I was expecting a much more competitive game. The only time Orlando played well in this series was when the pressure was off for two games after they fell behind 3-0.

Hey I've tried to not be as bad (I know I have annoyed alot of people on here with the way that I post), but I told alot of people on here that VC was a horrible, horrible move for Orlando. I think I remember you being a guy that didn't like the move either. I know VC has tons of talent, but he is not a winner. He always hides when the going gets tough, and if he were any kind of clutch performer I think the Magic would have had a legit shot at winning the title. With Turkoglu I think the Magic could have won this series and possibly the championship. But they just did not have a playmaker when it counted. Nelson is a very good player, but he just isn't going to be a guy that can get you 8 assist a game. Turk provided them with about the same number of points (in the playoffs), but he also make all kinds of plays. He had 14 assist in one of the games against the Cavs last year, the Magic had few than that in 3 of their losses, and only equaled that tonight. That just isn't going to get it done.

:dancingpa

Back to the finals! I'm more excited this time than I was in 2008... I guess because we all expected it then, and this is a pleasant surprise.

Congrats man. I'll never hear the end of it from by buddy BigSpikes if they win, but I'll pull for them if the Suns don't beat the Lakers.

Earlier today on Gottlieb's show they said former ref, Donaghy, said the Magic should start dusting off their golf clubs, in reference to their officiating crew. We need to get him signed up to GP so we can make some money.

Earlier today on Gottlieb's show they said former ref, Donaghy, said the Magic should start dusting off their golf clubs, in reference to their officiating crew. We need to get him signed up to GP so we can make some money.

I would love to watch an entire playoffs with Donaghy to see his take on stuff. I don't think that refs cheat (often) in the NBA, but I do think they try to keep the games close.....which I guess could be a form of cheating.

Someone get Leandro Barbosa out of the game!!! Dragic is another one of those guys that drives you nuts if he's on your team from time to time, but you wouldn't want to play against him. Him, JR Smith, Anderson Varajao, Nate Robinson and Ron Artest are the original members of the Cats3x I-hate-to-have-you-on-my-team-but-not-as-bad-as-I'd-hate-to-play-against-you-team.

Kobe hit some ridiclious jumpers down the stretch. That might have been the best series he has ever had in the playoffs.

:thumb:

He put up Lebron-like numbers.

33.7 ppg

7.2 rpg

8.3 apg

52.1% FG

43.2% 3PT

88.1% FT

The finals may depend on whether Kobe gets the knee drained. :D

He was fun to watch. I hope he keeps playing like that against Boston. LA will need it.

Artest was huge in this game. That's when LA is at their best. When Kobe's support steps up and allows him to play with the flow of the game, then let him do his thing in the last six minutes. That was vintage Lakers.