Track the NBA Playoffs (Conference Finals)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's going to be the Lakers and Celtics. However I think Paul Pierce is going to be the downfall of the Celtics. Ron Artest will get in his head. Kobe is ready for ring number 5, and Pau Gasol might just be the best player on their team right now for the first 36 minutes of the game. Gasol and Garnett would be one for the ages.

I think it's going to be the Lakers and Celtics. However I think Paul Pierce is going to be the downfall of the Celtics. Ron Artest will get in his head. Kobe is ready for ring number 5, and Pau Gasol might just be the best player on their team right now for the first 36 minutes of the game. Gasol and Garnett would be one for the ages.

Still no respect for the Magic, Cats...

This series scares me more than any other potential matchup this postseason. The Celtics are the one team that the Magic not only won't have an advantage over at PG, but will be facing a disadvantage against. The Celtics also have a bench capable of competing with the Magic's. The key for Orlando will be Dwight Howard and Vince Carter. The Celtics really lack the type of player that can stop either of them IMO. I'm assuming they'll try to play Pierce on Carter, but I just haven't been impressed with Paul all postseason.

I'm going with a very hard-fought series, with the Magic winning in 7.

This series scares me more than any other potential matchup this postseason. The Celtics are the one team that the Magic not only won't have an advantage over at PG, but will be facing a disadvantage against. The Celtics also have a bench capable of competing with the Magic's. The key for Orlando will be Dwight Howard and Vince Carter. The Celtics really lack the type of player that can stop either of them IMO. I'm assuming they'll try to play Pierce on Carter, but I just haven't been impressed with Paul all postseason.

I'm going with a very hard-fought series, with the Magic winning in 7.

I was wondering why you wanted the Cavs to lose. The Cavs wouldn't have given the Magic near as much trouble as the Celtics will.

I can't stand "Giant Tool", and love seeing him fail...:D

I get that, but Orlando had a better chance against the Cavs. The Magic should still be considered favorites, but not as big.

Just because I picked Boston to win?

Humor me:

Rond>>Nelson

Carter is = or slightly > Allen

Pierce>>Barnes

Garnett>Lewis

Howard >>Perkins

The Magic have a deeper bench, but the first 3 (combined,not individually) off for the Celtics are better than the first 3 for the Magic IMO.

I do think Orlando has a coaching edge. I think this series goes to 7 and the Celtics will have just enough answers to get to the finals.

I'd hardly say it's a lack of respect to pick Boston. A beat up Boston team pushed Orlando to the brink last season. That's hard to ignore in itself, much less combined with the fact that they seem to be playing as good as they have all season.

On paper, this looks like a good matchup that could provide some real good games.

I can't decide what I actually think of the 2010 edition of the Celtics. Did the fact that the Cavs seemed to quit late in that series make them look better than they are? They've showed some signs of age catching up to them. So, did they spend what they had to beat Cleveland? Or, are they like the Spurs...they started showing some signs of age, but were able to sustain a high level a little longer than I expected?

I guess we'll find out.

I'll stick with Orlando. I still think they're the best team in the east right now. But, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'd like to see LA get another crack at the C's, so I'm hoping they can pull it off. No offense to Magic fans. :D