Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight Cusses a Group of College Graduates

Featured Replies

I saw one long clip on your sight WM, I didn't think what I saw was that bad. Actually I think it helped his story alot and was proper to use. The words on that clip were not that bad, and unless kids live under a rock they've all heard worse words used in harsher terms.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they have to hear it sooner or later. it's not like those words don't exist.

 

So a place with families there to celebrate a graduation that language is appropriate? Why not just get up in 1st grade and start dropping F bombs on the kids. I mean if they are going to hear it, why not just start them out then? :idunno:

I saw one long clip on your sight WM, I didn't think what I saw was that bad. Actually I think it helped his story alot and was proper to use. The words on that clip were not that bad, and unless kids live under a rock they've all heard worse words used in harsher terms.

 

I think the point is, of course we've all heard things and seen things, but that doesn't make it the proper venue for it. That being said, I didn't think it was horrible...but not the time and place for it.

And now we've learned: if you invite Robert Montgomery Knight, don't get mad when he cusses your graduates all to pieces :lol:

 

Trine University had Knight speaking this morning and he dropped about 10 "unfortunate" words during his speech...

 

Bobby Knight is who he is and probably doesn't care what anyone else thinks or says about him, or his speech. However, it is extremely unprofessional.

Bobby Knight is who he is and probably doesn't care what anyone else thinks or says about him, or his speech. However, it is extremely unprofessional.

Bob Knight rips Coach Cal as being a cheater but yet he can kick his own son on the bench-choke a player in practice-curse when young childeren are present-throw a chair across the gym and numerous other things in his lifetime. He is also a very bad announcer.:confused:

I think the point is, of course we've all heard things and seen things, but that doesn't make it the proper venue for it. That being said, I didn't think it was horrible...but not the time and place for it.

 

I'm usually right there with alot of you in a matter like this but I personally didn't have a problem with it or think it was particularly in bad taste. JMO.:thumb:

  • Author
I saw one long clip on your sight WM, I didn't think what I saw was that bad. Actually I think it helped his story alot and was proper to use. The words on that clip were not that bad, and unless kids live under a rock they've all heard worse words used in harsher terms.

 

I jsut reliazed that only the first 1/5th of the speech is on my site. Sorry about that.

 

There are 4 more videos and each one is a little worse than the first.

I jsut reliazed that only the first 1/5th of the speech is on my site. Sorry about that.

 

There are 4 more videos and each one is a little worse than the first.

 

I'll have to check them out. I figured there had to be more.:thumb:

Who decides what the proper venue is for different verbage? Also, who decides what verbage is deemed appropriate or inappropriate?

I jsut reliazed that only the first 1/5th of the speech is on my site. Sorry about that.

 

There are 4 more videos and each one is a little worse than the first.

 

Still, the central question is did he curse at them -- such as, "You stupid @($)&!" the way he would his players -- or did he just have a salty speech (which has to be expected from RM Knight) with a few expletives tossed in.

 

Someone saying an expletive when I'm around isn't "cussing" me.

Still, the central question is did he curse at them -- such as, "You stupid @($)&!" the way he would his players -- or did he just have a salty speech (which has to be expected from RM Knight) with a few expletives tossed in.

 

Someone saying an expletive when I'm around isn't "cussing" me.

 

I do agree that there is a difference between cussing someone and just using inappropriate language in your speech. Knight was not cussing them out. However, I really question swearing during a speech when young children were probably present. Poor judgement IMHO. But it's not like he pointed to a child and called him a 'stupid so and so'. However I do believe that it was inappropriate given the situation.

I do agree that there is a difference between cussing someone and just using inappropriate language in your speech. Knight was not cussing them out. However, I really question swearing during a speech when young children were probably present. Poor judgement IMHO. But it's not like he pointed to a child and called him a 'stupid so and so'. However I do believe that it was inappropriate given the situation.

 

He's not delivering the speech to young children, he's delivering it to college graduates, young adults. That's his target audience, and it should be geared towards such.

So a place with families there to celebrate a graduation that language is appropriate? Why not just get up in 1st grade and start dropping F bombs on the kids. I mean if they are going to hear it, why not just start them out then? :idunno:

 

:thumb: excellent point, why not?

So a place with families there to celebrate a graduation that language is appropriate? Why not just get up in 1st grade and start dropping F bombs on the kids. I mean if they are going to hear it, why not just start them out then? :idunno:

 

Dead on accurate. :thumb:

 

While the speech was targeted for college kids who certainly wouldn't be offended by such language, a graduation ceremony includes many other family members in attendance to honor the graduates - including older adults and young kids. Since you know that going in, you have a responsibility to make sure the speech is appropriate for families also. Poor taste, but hardly unusual for Knight.

I think you guys are putting way too much faith in these "young kids" you mention that they would actually be paying attention to a speech. How many little kids sit riveted in church listening to the sermon?

 

And as far as the curse words go, do you really think their "virgin ears" have never heard such utterances? I don't know about you guys, but I was pretty well-versed in Expletives 101 when I was in kindergarten. I think some of you have pretty short memories about your own childhoods as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.