Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jamarcus Russell Released

Featured Replies

:popcorn:

 

Welcome to the all time greatest bust list.....sir.

Raiders were dumb for taking him. Also, I never quite got the hype that surrounded him coming out of LSU.

He had bust written all over him since the day he entered the draft. Not surprised his career has gone the way it has.

Raiders were dumb for taking him. Also, I never quite got the hype that surrounded him coming out of LSU.

Russell was over hyped because it was such a weak QB class. And I agree the Raiders were dumb to take him.

 

To put it simple, Russell just does not get it. He gave very little effort and put on a ton of weight. I have read that teams may bring him on, but I cannot see it.

Mel was spot on with his praise when JaMarcus was drafted.

 

I can't post the video link here because of some rather interesting language used in the feedback, but it is available on Youtube.

 

"In 3 years from now, you could be looking at a guy who certainly is one of the elite top 5 QBs in this league!"

 

:lol:

 

While we could pick apart many analysts over the years for making mistakes in projecting players, I particularly have never liked Mel and that "smarmy" attitude he carries around.

Raiders were dumb for taking him. Also, I never quite got the hype that surrounded him coming out of LSU.

 

I agree and many others felt that way too. He still get put on the top 10 bust list, but he is not my #1...

:popcorn:

 

Welcome to the all time greatest bust list.....sir.

 

Along with Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich and Morganna.

Mel was spot on with his praise when JaMarcus was drafted.

 

I can't post the video link here because of some rather interesting language used in the feedback, but it is available on Youtube.

 

"In 3 years from now, you could be looking at a guy who certainly is one of the elite top 5 QBs in this league!"

 

:lol:

 

While we could pick apart many analysts over the years for making mistakes in projecting players, I particularly have never liked Mel and that "smarmy" attitude he carries around.

 

I'm not certain it's attitude, I just think he talks that way.

 

His hair, on the other hand...

I'm not certain it's attitude, I just think he talks that way.

 

His hair, on the other hand...

 

... is the stuff that populates the fantasy dreams of budding televangelists all across the south.

Afternoon sports radio was speaking about him and they said someone who worked for the Raiders said he went and got 2 double whoppers for Jamarcus at the end of every practice.:eek:

Along with Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich and Morganna.

 

Tim Couch

Tim Couch

Not even close as being on the same bust-o-level meter.

Not even close as being on the same bust-o-level meter.

 

He made ESPNs top ten busts of all time. Although, I agree, not on the same level as Russell.

Couch was a decent QB on some bad Cleveland teams but still never "got it" either. No where near the level of bust that Russell is. Couch has a 75 career QB rating.... average.

Couch was a decent QB on some bad Cleveland teams but still never "got it" either. No where near the level of bust that Russell is. Couch has a 75 career QB rating.... average.

And while I do not believe Couch was ever going to be any better than he ever was, his career was cut short because of injuries. What happened to Russell is unprecedented.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.