Trey Ganns,OF P, Boone County

Comeron Ross,IF OF C P, Conner

Trey Martin,IF OF C P, Ryle

Blake Hart, CF IF P, Conner

Tyler Johnson, IF OF P, Simon Kenton

Tyler Wagoner, IF OF P, NA

Bluegrass Braves website

http://bluegrassbraves.com/Roster.htm

This kid will be a stud at the varsity level of high school one day.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is the KBC 16u blue, the Valentine kid is on the white team, the Nky kid is Hempel from Ryle, but I'm not sure he is going to play, every kid on the team starts on his varsity team. Kids include Johnson from Apollo, Mcquerry from GRClark, Jackson and Armstrong, plus 2 more from Lex Cath, Combs and Bolmer from Bryan Station, 3 from Tates Creek, 2 from Lafayette, 2 from Madison Central.

The team is the KBC 16u blue, the Valentine kid is on the white team, the Nky kid is Hempel from Ryle, but I'm not sure he is going to play, every kid on the team starts on his varsity team. Kids include Johnson from Apollo, Mcquerry from GRClark, Jackson and Armstrong, plus 2 more from Lex Cath, Combs and Bolmer from Bryan Station, 3 from Tates Creek, 2 from Lafayette, 2 from Madison Central.

Hempel plays for Midland.

This kid will be a stud at the varsity level of high school one day.

I'm new here so I'll have to ask...is this kind of hyperbole typical of the analysis we get on up and coming NKY baseball players?

I've seen Conner's freshman team play 5-6 times this year and was completely unimpressed with that particular player. I had been told by a couple parents on the team he's a head case and with witnessing the helmet throwing and bat slamming, I can't disagree.

There's a tallish, skinny red head kid on Conner's freshman team that hit the ball well. Don't know his name. Maybe someone here might.

But from what I saw the kid you're touting is slow, struggles to make routine plays at 3B, below average arm, and average bat speed at best.

Ok, my first post....am in time out now? Is this site only allowed to be the happy zone where we just pat everyone on the back and overstate their abilities?

I'm new here so I'll have to ask...is this kind of hyperbole typical of the analysis we get on up and coming NKY baseball players?

I've seen Conner's freshman team play 5-6 times this year and was completely unimpressed with that particular player. I had been told by a couple parents on the team he's a head case and with witnessing the helmet throwing and bat slamming, I can't disagree.

There's a tallish, skinny red head kid on Conner's freshman team that hit the ball well. Don't know his name. Maybe someone here might.

But from what I saw the kid you're touting is slow, struggles to make routine plays at 3B, below average arm, and average bat speed at best.

Ok, my first post....am in time out now? Is this site only allowed to be the happy zone where we just pat everyone on the back and overstate their abilities?

Welcome to BGP!

There isn't a typical post. People have opinions and they post them. One person thinks the kid will be good and you don't. On second thought, I guess that is typical. :lol:

Ok, then I'm liking this site. It was recommended by a friend to keep up with HS sports in the area.

It's not my intention to disagree just to disagree, but hopefully we can each be honest without making it anything personal about any of the kids. They're just playing high school sports.

Yes. He is. Blake has dropped alot of weight and now is looking great. He's a very fine young ball player.

Blake is a very good ball player and has a ton of upside. There is one thing that can make you or break you in the game of baseball, and that is your head. That would be the one thing that could keep him from that "Stud Status". Hopefully that will not be an issue and he will reach the "Stud Status" as you had stated. You might want to take another look at that roster though because there could be a few potential studs on that roster.

Welcome to BGP!

There isn't a typical post. People have opinions and they post them. One person thinks the kid will be good and you don't. On second thought, I guess that is typical. :lol:

:laugh: Very true! But you'll find 99% of people are bias toward their own teams on here :lol:

Blake is a very good ball player and has a ton of upside. There is one thing that can make you or break you in the game of baseball, and that is your head. That would be the one thing that could keep him from that "Stud Status". Hopefully that will not be an issue and he will reach the "Stud Status" as you had stated. You might want to take another look at that roster though because there could be a few potential studs on that roster.

I'm going to try to attend Conner's first freshman tournament game. Can you tell me which players I should be looking for as potential studs? Though I see much more JV and varsity around NKY, I've seen Conner's freshman team a few times and nobody jumped out at me, including the player that you wrote has 'a ton of upside'.

What does 'upside' mean to you? I recruit for a particular summer program and upside means that maybe the kid will be a late bloomer, or perhaps the kid is a great athlete but his baseball skills haven't caught up with his athleticism.

I don't see either of those with the player you are touting. Not to just hammer on him because I don't know him, but if a kid is going to be relatively short and slow, that's not a good combination for advanced baseball. Every player has to find his spot in the game and when any of these freshman kids get to be 17 or 18 they will understand what it takes to be a 'stud'.

Sometimes I feel it is that way. The best fun you can have is when you don't have a dog in the fight. It will take you about 10 seconds to figure out which teams folks like on here. I appreciate your refreshing honesty. We need more like you on here. Welcome!

[/b]

Sometimes I feel it is that way. The best fun you can have is when you don't have a dog in the fight. It will take you about 10 seconds to figure out which teams folks like on here. I appreciate your refreshing honesty. We need more like you on here. Welcome!

Well I don't want to make it about any particular player. I'm just trying to get a read on the atmosphere here. Is it just parents coming on to brag about their kids?

I really don't have a horse in the race but scouting players isn't about who their parents are or what summer program they play for.

He's either got it or he doesn't. And, like many folks who've been around the game for a while, I know it when I see it.