Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mid-Season NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

I haven't seen more than 2 innings of a HS game this year due to being away at Ft. Knox then in Akron, OH for all but a few days of the season, so I can't make a top 10 since it wouldn't be fair.

 

But I have followed the games here on BGP and some of the arguments in this thread are ridiculous. All the "they lost to teams x, y, and z, so how are they rated higher?" talk is out of hand.

 

TOG this is nothing against you or the boys at CCH but if you are going to play the whole "Dixie lost to Conner, Boone, and Cov Cath (x2)" card then you have to look at all records. And I am just going to use DHHS and CCH as examples.

 

Cov Cath wins: Holy Cross, Conner (x2), Dixie (x2), McNicholas (OH), Holmes, Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Newport (x2), Boone, Highlands, Cooper,

Cov Cath losses: Ryle (x2), St. Henry, NCC, Scott, St. X (OH), Holy Cross, St. X (KY), and Shelby County.

 

Dixie wins: Southern, Seneca, Holy Cross, Beechwood, Bellevue, Ryle, St. Henry, Mercer, Central Hardin, Holmes (x2), Campbell, Cooper, Newport, Boone, Simon Kenton, and Lloyd.

Dixie losses: Cov Cath (x2), Central Hardin, Boone, and Conner.

 

Record of Cov Cath opponents: 191-161-2 (.540)

Record of Dixie opponents: 201-173-4 (.532)

 

Common opponents: Holy Cross, Ryle, St. Henry, Conner, Holmes, Simon Kenton, Newport, Boone, Campbell County, and Cooper.

 

Cov Cath record against common opponents: 10-4 (.714)

Dixie record against common opponents: 10-2 (.833)

 

So while Cov Cath has beaten Dixie twice and played a slightly tougher slew of opponents, Dixie has beaten common opponents on a more consistent basis. So how can you really differentiate between the two. Is the .008 higher win percentage of Cov Cath opponents enough to outweigh the .119 higher win percentage of Dixie over common opponents with Cov Cath and the .164 higher overall win percentage that Dixie has? If anything Dixie and Cov Cath should be rated right next to each other since they are so similar. Definitely not 3 spots apart like you have them.

 

I'm not saying any team is the #1 team because as I said, I just haven't seen any games to back up my claim. But for those that have lets be real and look at things fairly and not win a bias.

 

There's a little tension in the air in Park Hills this year :D

  • Replies 82
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a little tension in the air in Park Hills this year :D

 

Nothing wrong in Park Hills, I just think some are still upset with the sideline penalty called on their team in Red, in a football game! :idunno:

Nothing wrong in Park Hills, I just think some are still upset with the sideline penalty called on their team in Red, in a football game! :idunno:

 

Are you really going to bring football into this?

Are you really going to bring football into this?

 

They do until football season, then the chat is about hoops, etc.:ohbrother:

Edited by History
spelling

Nothing wrong in Park Hills, I just think some are still upset with the sideline penalty called on their team in Red, in a football game! :idunno:

ouch

No tension at all as I haven't seen high school sports in about a year. I don't even know what the penalty being discussed is. I just know that some people put too much emphasis on who beat who (when it involves their team) and not look at the big overall picture.

Nothing wrong in Park Hills, I just think some are still upset with the sideline penalty called on their team in Red, in a football game! :idunno:

 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the football penalty. Dixie is on top of the coaches poll for a reason. And to add, the penalty cost Dixie the game. It shows how bad some officiating crews are. Penalizing a team for a TV crew that Dixie had no control over.

Nothing wrong in Park Hills, I just think some are still upset with the sideline penalty called on their team in Red, in a football game! :idunno:

 

Your poll is as good as that call was.

Just to keep you on your toes about Baseball, Histroy, Cov Holy Cross does have a coach by the name of Dan Barth who was a 1968 Grad of CovCath. He didn't play for Krumps but did for Coach Hep Cronin.

 

I had Dan Barth for British Literature at Cov. Cath. in the mid-70's. Dan also was an assistant baseball coach for the Colonels. He was a great baseball player back in the day, is a deep thinker and a very good guy. :thumb:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the football penalty. Dixie is on top of the coaches poll for a reason. And to add, the penalty cost Dixie the game. It shows how bad some officiating crews are. Penalizing a team for a TV crew that Dixie had no control over.[/QUOTE]

 

I agree the call was terrible. Haggerty's scamper was A+++ and should not have been taken away. Of course, Cov. Cath. did not make the call nor were they in any way responsible for the call. I would have to go with Dixie on top of the baseball poll as well. But, as was proved last year (and the year before) anything can happen in the Regional tournament.

Here's the latest Coaches Poll:

 

KY Baseball: Week 5

Rnk Team Pts

1 Dixie Heights 70 (7)

2 Boone County 51

3 Ryle 50

4 Covington Catholic 41

5 Brossart 35

6 Conner 33

7 Holy Cross 29

8 Beechwood 26

9 Newport Catholic 24

10 Campbell County 19

Gee, only seven coaches took part in the Coaches poll? Not a very good representation of the of number that could have placed a vote!

Gee, only seven coaches took part in the Coaches poll? Not a very good representation of the of number that could have placed a vote!

Much better than your's TOG.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.