Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mid-Season NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

Easy to take a look at St Henry's record and write them off but....

 

They beat CovCath 9-2 (I forgot the reason)

 

and have 1 run losses to:

 

Ryle

Boone

Holy Cross

NewCath

NewCath (2nd game)

 

I know I wouldn't want to draw them in the region with their ace throwing.

 

Given the list of #2 seeds that will be coming out of district play, they would probably be the second best choice to play for any #1 seed. You certainly don't want to get matched up with the #2 seed out of the 33rd or 35th. #2 out of 36th may be weaker, much not by much.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to take a look at St Henry's record and write them off but....

 

They beat CovCath 9-2 (I forgot the reason)

 

and have 1 run losses to:

 

Ryle

Boone

Holy Cross

NewCath

NewCath (2nd game)

 

I know I wouldn't want to draw them in the region with their ace throwing.

 

Hasn't St. Henry lost to Highlands twice?? :confused:

Easy to take a look at St Henry's record and write them off but....

 

They beat CovCath 9-2 (I forgot the reason)

 

and have 1 run losses to:

 

Ryle

Boone

Holy Cross

NewCath

NewCath (2nd game)

 

I know I wouldn't want to draw them in the region with their ace throwing.

Exactly who is their ace? Zerhusen? Nobel?

Indeed if there were six division of Baseball, like in Football, NKy baseball would be more noticed.

 

My question to you is how many Football State Championship would HHS, CovCath, NCC or Beechwood have if, indeed there were only one class fighting for that one state Football title? Indeed it is much more difficult to win a state title in Baseball, because of there being only one state champion!

 

BTW I am against classes in Baseball.

 

If you're not going to have classes, then there needs to be an effort to make the districts a bit more even across the board. And, of course, if you do that for baseball, it might only serve to screw up the balance for soccer, or volleyball, or basketball, etc... Sticking all the 6A schools in one district is unfair. Cooper continues to progress. Next year they will get their first district win and in future years will have a program to compete with Ryle, Conner, and Boone. Those four in the same district is silly when you look at some other districts.

 

But that's a whole other topic. My apologies for chasing a rabbit . . . . :p

[/b]

Exactly who is their ace? Zerhusen? Nobel?

I'm under the impression that it is Zerhusen.

Hasn't St. Henry lost to Highlands twice?? :confused:

Who pitched for St Henry in those games?

The last couple of years have shown that being THE team heading into the tourney is a receipe for disappointment.

The last couple of years have shown that being THE team heading into the tourney is a receipe for disappointment.

 

Of course, generally speaking, "THE team" was pretty particular to Cov Cath, was it not?

Of course, generally speaking, "THE team" was pretty particular to Cov Cath, was it not?

 

Sure if you want to be that way about it.

Sure if you want to be that way about it.

 

Just thought your statement was a bit too vague and all-inclusive. :p

Who pitched for St Henry in those games?

 

No idea.. All I know is they lost bad both times.

[/b]

Exactly who is their ace? Zerhusen? Nobel?

 

I saw Nobel play over the summer for the u-16 KY Colonels, I didn't know he was a regular pitcher.

I saw Nobel play over the summer for the u-16 KY Colonels, I didn't know he was a regular pitcher.

 

He is for the Crusaders

I would have to believe Zerhusen is the ace from the games I've seen.

I haven't seen more than 2 innings of a HS game this year due to being away at Ft. Knox then in Akron, OH for all but a few days of the season, so I can't make a top 10 since it wouldn't be fair.

 

But I have followed the games here on BGP and some of the arguments in this thread are ridiculous. All the "they lost to teams x, y, and z, so how are they rated higher?" talk is out of hand.

 

TOG this is nothing against you or the boys at CCH but if you are going to play the whole "Dixie lost to Conner, Boone, and Cov Cath (x2)" card then you have to look at all records. And I am just going to use DHHS and CCH as examples.

 

Cov Cath wins: Holy Cross, Conner (x2), Dixie (x2), McNicholas (OH), Holmes, Simon Kenton, Campbell County, Newport (x2), Boone, Highlands, Cooper,

Cov Cath losses: Ryle (x2), St. Henry, NCC, Scott, St. X (OH), Holy Cross, St. X (KY), and Shelby County.

 

Dixie wins: Southern, Seneca, Holy Cross, Beechwood, Bellevue, Ryle, St. Henry, Mercer, Central Hardin, Holmes (x2), Campbell, Cooper, Newport, Boone, Simon Kenton, and Lloyd.

Dixie losses: Cov Cath (x2), Central Hardin, Boone, and Conner.

 

Record of Cov Cath opponents: 191-161-2 (.540)

Record of Dixie opponents: 201-173-4 (.532)

 

Common opponents: Holy Cross, Ryle, St. Henry, Conner, Holmes, Simon Kenton, Newport, Boone, Campbell County, and Cooper.

 

Cov Cath record against common opponents: 10-4 (.714)

Dixie record against common opponents: 10-2 (.833)

 

So while Cov Cath has beaten Dixie twice and played a slightly tougher slew of opponents, Dixie has beaten common opponents on a more consistent basis. So how can you really differentiate between the two. Is the .008 higher win percentage of Cov Cath opponents enough to outweigh the .119 higher win percentage of Dixie over common opponents with Cov Cath and the .164 higher overall win percentage that Dixie has? If anything Dixie and Cov Cath should be rated right next to each other since they are so similar. Definitely not 3 spots apart like you have them.

 

I'm not saying any team is the #1 team because as I said, I just haven't seen any games to back up my claim. But for those that have lets be real and look at things fairly and not win a bias.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.