Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mid-Season NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

I haven't seen all of the teams but the ones Cooper has played I would give an edge to Ryle as well. Dixie pitching was dominate against a young Cooper squad but their offense didn't impress me much other than 2-3 players in the middle of there line-up. All teams have a weakness but Ryle would get my vote by a slim margin over Dixie. I have not seen Beechwood or NCC and most of the teams I've only seen when they played Cooper so I wouldn't bet the ranch on my knowledge.:thumb: WIDE open 9th region.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I honestly think Ryle is the best team in the Ninth this season.

 

Sorry but I just don't see Dixie as the best team at the moment in the Ninth Region.

 

I have seen Dixie play twice against CovCath and CovCath has beaten them twice with Smallwood and Stansberry starting.

 

Dixie in losing to CovCath 12-2 in six innings, made a ton of mental mistakes and errors in the field and the 2 runs Dixie scored were unearned.

 

In the 2-1 12 innings Doc Morris game, CovCath just beat them, no way around that. It was a top notch baseball game that I even posted saying and I quote

"The Good: Getting to watch a baseball game the way it was meant to be played. Yes there were unearned runs scored by both teams but the outstanding play by both teams throughout this game was outstanding. Sure they used wood bats, but so many of the outstanding defensive plays would never have been turned into outs with the pumped up aluminum bats used today. I will be so glad to see these juiced up bats be done with by 2012, as it has taken the fielder out of most of the plays. Gentlemen, from both teams outstanding game, and thanks from Theoldguy".

 

In my picking Ryle as the best team, it had to do with their complete team. Ryle hits has good pitching and plays very good "D" they seldom beat themselves.

 

Not many teams in the Ninth can and do have all three this year. Each team has it's weakness but to only have pitching without playing good "D" is a killer to winning games more so than having a weak "O" but great "D" and pitching!

 

Pitching is indeed the name of the game but if your "D" lets that pitcher down, he has to K everybody and that's tough to do.

 

Give me a team with good pitching and who plays great "D" and I will win more games than I lose even if you have to play small ball to win.

 

I try to make my opinions on what I see in person and not on what I read. There are some who opinions I take as gospel (yours for example) but... I prefer going with what I see in person!

 

I honestly try to get to a lot of game to see as many as teams as possible but this year it's been tough as I have been to a few TMC, Kentucky and UC games and there is only so much time in a week.

 

Next weekend as an example, I would be attending HS games all weekend long in the Connor Classic, but my future son-in-law will be graduating from MSU (and yes, I am very proud of him) so I won't be at any of those games this season but instead be watching him get his diploma.

 

TOG, if I remember correctly the 2-1 victory Cov Cath had over Dixie was indeed a game of the season and maybe of the decade. A simply amazing game. But if you were there like I know you were in the bottom of the 7th inning with 2 outs Dixie's 2nd basemen could have turned around and tagged the CCH runner for the 3rd and final out of the game. I understand that was a mental error on his part but all it took was for him to do that LITTLE thing and we wouldnt be talking about who the better team was. Or would we? Because im sure young Mr. Ronnie Winters mental block doesnt make Dixie Heights that much of a worse team than Cov Cath. All im saying is if he makes the tag instead of throwing it away and having the tying run come across the plate we wouldnt even be having this conversation. But he didnt make the tag and Cov Cath won so I guess that does put CCH 4 spots ahead of Dixie in your poll :confused:

TOG, if I remember correctly the 2-1 victory Cov Cath had over Dixie was indeed a game of the season and maybe of the decade. A simply amazing game. But if you were there like I know you were in the bottom of the 7th inning with 2 outs Dixie's 2nd basemen could have turned around and tagged the CCH runner for the 3rd and final out of the game. I understand that was a mental error on his part but all it took was for him to do that LITTLE thing and we wouldnt be talking about who the better team was. Or would we? Because im sure young Mr. Ronnie Winters mental block doesnt make Dixie Heights that much of a worse team than Cov Cath. All im saying is if he makes the tag instead of throwing it away and having the tying run come across the plate we wouldnt even be having this conversation. But he didnt make the tag and Cov Cath won so I guess that does put CCH 4 spots ahead of Dixie in your poll :confused:

 

Thank you for making my case.:thumb:

 

It is indeed the little things that make a difference in winning and losing. You can have all the best pitching in the world but if you don't make the plays in the field, then what good does it do?

 

BTW you didn't you mention that Dixie lone run scored in that game was unearned, now did you, nor did you mention that first 12-2 (six inning) game that CovCath won! :confused:

CCH wins in every sport every year........on BGP.:p

CCH wins in every sport every year........on BGP.:p

 

BTW did you notice that my #1 wasn't CovCath but Ryle and your Top Ten is?

BTW did you notice that my #1 wasn't CovCath but Ryle and your Top Ten is?

 

I did notice and just giving you a hard time::thumb:

 

1) Boone County-not coached by a CCH grad

2) Ryle-coached by a CCH alum

3) Dixie-not coached by a CCH alum

4) CCH-coached by a Colonel alum

5) Brossart-

6) Holy Cross-not coached by a CCH alum

7) Beechwood-not coached by a Colonel alum

8) NCC-not coached by a CCH alum

9) Conner-coached by a CCH alum

10) Cooper-coached by a CCH alum

 

So to summarize-just as in football when I feel like too many of the Northern Kentucky coaches come off of the Owen Hauck coaching tree, I feel as in baseball too many folks off of the Krumps tree. (Just saving you the work TOG) The point being Northern Kentucky is decent in baseball, but outside of CovCath's one state championship, we are thought of as a mild factor around the state.

I think AD's need to be a little more open minded for their future hires.:popcorn:

Just to keep you on your toes about Baseball, Histroy, Cov Holy Cross does have a coach by the name of Dan Barth who was a 1968 Grad of CovCath. He didn't play for Krumps but did for Coach Hep Cronin.

Just to keep you on your toes about Baseball, Histroy, Cov Holy Cross does have a coach by the name of Dan Barth who was a 1968 Grad of CovCath. He didn't play for Krumps but did for Coach Hep Cronin.

 

Yes I am aware, but their head man Mike Holtz played at Brossart and TMC.

Yes I am aware, but their head man Mike Holtz played at Brossart and TMC.

 

But then if you are only talking about Head Coaches then you must realize CovCath head coach is a Elder alum and not a CovCath alum.

1) Boone County-not coached by a CCH grad

2) Ryle-coached by a CCH alum

3) Dixie-not coached by a CCH alum

4) CCH-coached by a Colonel alum

5) Brossart-

6) Holy Cross-not coached by a CCH alum

7) Beechwood-not coached by a Colonel alum

8) NCC-not coached by a CCH alum

9) Conner-coached by a CCH alum

10) Cooper-coached by a CCH alum

 

So to summarize-just as in football when I feel like too many of the Northern Kentucky coaches come off of the Owen Hauck coaching tree, I feel as in baseball too many folks off of the Krumps tree. (Just saving you the work TOG) The point being Northern Kentucky is decent in baseball, but outside of CovCath's one state championship, we are thought of as a mild factor around the state.

I think AD's need to be a little more open minded for their future hires.:popcorn:

 

I like this top 10:banana:Boone's #1

But then if you are only talking about Head Coaches then you must realize CovCath head coach is a Elder alum and not a CovCath alum.

 

Ah you are right. Both CCH and NCC's head men are grads of Elder.

I will agree with seven and maybe eight teams! The 36th and the blind draw makes me say seven, that is if the luck of the draw puts Dayton and Newport in one bracket and HHS, NCC and Bellevue in the other! I hate the blind draw!

 

Maybe six. Not entirely convinced the second team coming out of the 34th will be all that deserving either. St. Henry has been in a tailspin as of late. I know Coach Terrell generally gets them going around tourney time, but with one of St. H, Ludlow, Villa and Lloyd guaranteed a spot, it sures does make it a shame that one of Conner/Boone/Ryle and one of CCH/HC/Beech won't be moving on.

I did notice and just giving you a hard time::thumb:

 

1) Boone County-not coached by a CCH grad

2) Ryle-coached by a CCH alum

3) Dixie-not coached by a CCH alum

4) CCH-coached by a Colonel alum

5) Brossart-

6) Holy Cross-not coached by a CCH alum

7) Beechwood-not coached by a Colonel alum

8) NCC-not coached by a CCH alum

9) Conner-coached by a CCH alum

10) Cooper-coached by a CCH alum

 

So to summarize-just as in football when I feel like too many of the Northern Kentucky coaches come off of the Owen Hauck coaching tree, I feel as in baseball too many folks off of the Krumps tree. (Just saving you the work TOG) The point being Northern Kentucky is decent in baseball, but outside of CovCath's one state championship, we are thought of as a mild factor around the state.

I think AD's need to be a little more open minded for their future hires.:popcorn:

 

Indeed if there were six division of Baseball, like in Football, NKy baseball would be more noticed.

 

My question to you is how many Football State Championship would HHS, CovCath, NCC or Beechwood have if, indeed there were only one class fighting for that one state Football title? Indeed it is much more difficult to win a state title in Baseball, because of there being only one state champion!

 

BTW I am against classes in Baseball.

Maybe six. Not entirely convinced the second team coming out of the 34th will be all that deserving either. St. Henry has been in a tailspin as of late. I know Coach Terrell generally gets them going around tourney time, but with one of St. H, Ludlow, Villa and Lloyd guaranteed a spot, it sures does make it a shame that one of Conner/Boone/Ryle and one of CCH/HC/Beech won't be moving on.

 

Easy to take a look at St Henry's record and write them off but....

 

They beat CovCath 9-2 (I forgot the reason)

 

and have 1 run losses to:

 

Ryle

Boone

Holy Cross

NewCath

NewCath (2nd game)

 

I know I wouldn't want to draw them in the region with their ace throwing.

Easy to take a look at St Henry's record and write them off but....

 

They beat CovCath 9-2 (I forgot the reason)

 

and have 1 run losses to:

 

Ryle

Boone

Holy Cross

NewCath

NewCath (2nd game)

 

I know I wouldn't want to draw them in the region with their ace throwing.

 

Probably because they didn't do the little things:p

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.