Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mid-Season NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

I'm sure he must have forgotten them.

 

I would hope so. :D

  • Replies 82
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ryle would be off the list why? Ryle basically played Dixie to a tie, beat your #3 team twice, your #4 team twice, your #7 team, your #8 team twice, your #9, and #10. I think they fit in their somewhere. :lol:

 

I definately forgot about them. My bad! Id put them at number 5.

I'll give it a go (9th Region only):

 

Dixie

Boone

Ryle

CCH

Holy Cross

Conner

Beechwood

NCC

Highlands

St. Henry

 

If 10th region NKY teams included:

 

Dixie

Boone

Ryle

CCH

Holy Cross

Conner

Brossart

Beechwood

NCC

Campbell

I definately forgot about them. My bad! Id put them at number 5.

 

Below two teams they have beaten twice? Interesting. :lol:

Below two teams they have beaten twice? Interesting. :lol:

 

Re Read the thing I put above my rankings. Not based on who beat who, just on the teams if they played there absolute best.

Re Read the thing I put above my rankings. Not based on who beat who, just on the teams if they played there absolute best.

 

And you're certain that in Ryle's wins (twice) over both CCH and Conner, that Ryle played their best and their opponents didn't? And that's the only reason Ryle managed those victories? Only when our opponents don't play up to their capabilities? Sorry, no legitimate basis right now to not put Ryle ahead of both these teams.

 

What was the reason for Dixie's losses to Conner, Boone, and CCH (2x)? Simply not playing their best while their opponents did?

 

The 9th is dead-dog tight right now. Not a ton to separate any of them, including Dixie. Dixie has more than shown they can be beaten. Excellent pitching, but they are not special beyond that.

NKY Top 10

#1 Dixie

#2 Boone

#3 Ryle

#4 CCH

#5 Brossart

#5 Holy Cross

#7 Conner

#8 Beechwood

#9 NCC

#10 Campbell

Tie at #5 & 6 could go the other way.

9th Region only:

Based on the games (teams) that I have seen play...

#1 Ryle

#2 NewCath

#3 CovCath

#3 Holy Cross

#5 Beechwood

#6 Dixie

#7 Conner

#8 Boone

#9 Highlands

#10 Cooper

 

Just wondering how your #1 team has gotten beat twice by your #3 team and got beat twice while throwing their two best pitchers against them?

 

Also your #2 team just got beat in a 35th District seeding game vs. your #10 team where both teams threw their aces!

 

OK, TOG - while I would love to agree with your rankings :D, I can't. I understand you're basing this on games "you have seen", but to be fair (and accurate), you really need to try to include some results of games you haven't seen.

 

Ryle hasn't earned #1 right now. Boone beat us fair and square in a game that meant a ton to both teams and with both aces on the mound. NCC at #2 seems extremely high. No disrespect to them, but they seem to have only two pitchers and field the ball very poorly. Too many losses to teams below them to be #2. CCH at #3 seems about right. They have some very nice wins on their resume - also some losses, but many of them were early. Dixie at #6? Come on. :p I don't put them at the overwhelming, clear-cut, hands down, noone-else-is-even-close, #1 category that some do, but if not #1, surely they are #2 at worst. Their pitching gives them the head up. Their defense and hitting don't appear any better than most teams, but indeed their pitching is special. Hats off the CCH for their two wins against them, but I just don't see that as reason to bump them down that far. And Boone at #8? You must have seen them on a really off night. :lol: They're not #8, trust me.

 

But again, much thanks for the #1 ranking, even if you're just having fun. :D

NKY Top 10

#1 Dixie

#2 Boone

#3 Ryle

#4 CCH

#5 Brossart

#5 Holy Cross

#7 Conner

#8 Beechwood

#9 NCC

#10 Campbell

Tie at #5 & 6 could go the other way.

 

This looks about right to me..:thumb:

Nope, Murray, Ky, but then where are your picks!

Since I trust we have a very nice group of knowledgeable baseball coach's in NKY, I won't claim to know more than the combination of all of the coaches. I'll go with the Coach's Poll. :thumb:

Since I trust we have a very nice group of knowledgeable baseball coach's in NKY, I won't claim to know more than the combination of all of the coaches. I'll go with the Coach's Poll. :thumb:

 

It is unfortunate that quite a few coaches choose not to participate in these polls.

OK, TOG - while I would love to agree with your rankings :D, I can't. I understand you're basing this on games "you have seen", but to be fair (and accurate), you really need to try to include some results of games you haven't seen.

 

Ryle hasn't earned #1 right now. Boone beat us fair and square in a game that meant a ton to both teams and with both aces on the mound. NCC at #2 seems extremely high. No disrespect to them, but they seem to have only two pitchers and field the ball very poorly. Too many losses to teams below them to be #2. CCH at #3 seems about right. They have some very nice wins on their resume - also some losses, but many of them were early. Dixie at #6? Come on. :p I don't put them at the overwhelming, clear-cut, hands down, noone-else-is-even-close, #1 category that some do, but if not #1, surely they are #2 at worst. Their pitching gives them the head up. Their defense and hitting don't appear any better than most teams, but indeed their pitching is special. Hats off the CCH for their two wins against them, but I just don't see that as reason to bump them down that far. And Boone at #8? You must have seen them on a really off night. :lol: They're not #8, trust me.

 

But again, much thanks for the #1 ranking, even if you're just having fun. :D

 

No I honestly think Ryle is the best team in the Ninth this season.

 

Sorry but I just don't see Dixie as the best team at the moment in the Ninth Region.

 

I have seen Dixie play twice against CovCath and CovCath has beaten them twice with Smallwood and Stansberry starting.

 

Dixie in losing to CovCath 12-2 in six innings, made a ton of mental mistakes and errors in the field and the 2 runs Dixie scored were unearned.

 

In the 2-1 12 innings Doc Morris game, CovCath just beat them, no way around that. It was a top notch baseball game that I even posted saying and I quote

 

"The Good: Getting to watch a baseball game the way it was meant to be played. Yes there were unearned runs scored by both teams but the outstanding play by both teams throughout this game was outstanding. Sure they used wood bats, but so many of the outstanding defensive plays would never have been turned into outs with the pumped up aluminum bats used today. I will be so glad to see these juiced up bats be done with by 2012, as it has taken the fielder out of most of the plays. Gentlemen, from both teams outstanding game, and thanks from Theoldguy".

 

In my picking Ryle as the best team, it had to do with their complete team. Ryle hits has good pitching and plays very good "D" they seldom beat themselves.

 

Not many teams in the Ninth can and do have all three this year. Each team has it's weakness but to only have pitching without playing good "D" is a killer to winning games more so than having a weak "O" but great "D" and pitching!

 

Pitching is indeed the name of the game but if your "D" lets that pitcher down, he has to K everybody and that's tough to do.

 

Give me a team with good pitching and who plays great "D" and I will win more games than I lose even if you have to play small ball to win.

 

I try to make my opinions on what I see in person and not on what I read. There are some who opinions I take as gospel (yours for example) but... I prefer going with what I see in person!

 

I honestly try to get to a lot of game to see as many as teams as possible but this year it's been tough as I have been to a few TMC, Kentucky and UC games and there is only so much time in a week.

 

Next weekend as an example, I would be attending HS games all weekend long in the Connor Classic, but my future son-in-law will be graduating from MSU (and yes, I am very proud of him) so I won't be at any of those games this season but instead be watching him get his diploma.

9th Region

#1 Dixie

#2 Boone

#3 Ryle

#4 Holy Cross

#5 Beechwood

#6 NCC

#7 Conner

#8 CCH

#9 Highlands

#10 Cooper

 

Gee, in the JV Records thread you said and I quote " I would pick Dixie's JV to be the best. They are extremely deep in pitching and well they beat CCH already this year.

 

Duh, CovCath beat Dixie's varsity twice this season, so how do you make Dixie your #1 varsity team then?

 

So how does it work for the Dixie JV team to be better but not the CovCath Varsity team? Just curious?

 

Your dislike for CovCath is showing:ohbrother:

Well one thing's for sure...the ninth region won't be won on BGP. It will be won at Champion Window Field approximately one month from now where we will see 8 very good teams.

Well one thing's for sure...the ninth region won't be won on BGP. It will be won at Champion Window Field approximately one month from now where we will see 8 very good teams.

 

I will agree with seven and maybe eight teams! The 36th and the blind draw makes me say seven, that is if the luck of the draw puts Dayton and Newport in one bracket and HHS, NCC and Bellevue in the other! I hate the blind draw!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.