Top Offensive Lines in NKY?

At Dixie Ryan Zumdick is the best they have everyone else lacks skills .The only way the will get any yards is if Pike can run the ball his size will help him . Pike can throw the ball but if he is rush look out cause he get out of control and throws wild.

I disagree I know Brosmore, Handlon, Johnson and Zumdick. While I would agree that Zumdick has more Skill position qualities than any of the others (he would be great TE in my opinion), All of the others are good players. I think experiance at the varsity level might be lacking, but I am willing to bet by mid-season they will form a very solid offensive line. I think Pike will be much more effective if he only runs 5 - 7 times a game. He has a very good arm and some nice receivers in Leonard, Bruns and Cohorn.

I think by mid-year Dixie will be a very good ball club. They still maybe a year away from their peak, but I think they will surprise people this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie's had a big line last year. This year's line will be smaller than last year's unless some of these guys are bulking up. Pike is probably bigger than any of his linemen.

I bet the average will be higher but they do not have one kid as big as Wes.

Looks like a couple of the kids have bulked up. I do not know for sure what they weigh but if I had to guess!

Johnson 6-3 240

Handlon 6-1 250

Withrow 6-1 265

Brosmore 6-1 210

Zumdick 6-0 210

I bet the average will be higher but they do not have one kid as big as Wes.

Looks like a couple of the kids have bulked up. I do not know for sure what they weigh but if I had to guess!

Johnson 6-3 240

Handlon 6-1 250

Withrow 6-1 265

Brosmore 6-1 210

Zumdick 6-0 210

Bigger than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Thought it was time for one my frequent refrains about O linemen: Bigger is not always better (and more often the case is not, in my observation).:D:D:taz:

You know what they say about offensive lines: execution, execution, execution.

But that's when they're not saying, quickness, quickness, quickness.

Agreed. I think you will really enjoy Beechwood's lines this year.

VOR, you keep saying this and I hope your are right. How do you see the O and D lines stacking up? I know things change once practice starts...but as of right now, how do you see it?

VOR, you keep saying this and I hope your are right. How do you see the O and D lines stacking up? I know things change once practice starts...but as of right now, how do you see it?

My optimism comes from quality depth more than anything else. I don't know if Beechwood has an anchor to build around but they have a lot of very good linemen. I also think the lines are going to have better speed than they have in recent years with respectable size. I am not sure how the lines will stack up and I am not sure anyone knows. Every lineman at Beechwood better work their tail off though, because there is definitely someone standing next to them that is good enough to take their job at the first mis step.