Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best 3rd baseman of all-time?

Featured Replies

George Brett one of the greatest clutch hitters of all-time.

He's my favorite 3B of all time. I'd vote him over Brooks Robinson. But Mike Schmidt is the best 3B of all time.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked Wade Boggs at 3rd...

1. Chris Sabo JK :lol:

George Brett one of the greatest clutch hitters of all-time.

 

He's my favorite 3B of all time. I'd vote him over Brooks Robinson. But Mike Schmidt is the best 3B of all time.

 

One of the things that hurts George Brett in the discussion of greatest thirdbasemen is that he played over 1000 games at positions other than thirdbase. He played thirdbase in 1692 games but appeared in over 2700 games overall.

I must say I'm shocked we've gone 34 post without one mention of Wayne Krenchicki. :D

I must say I'm shocked we've gone 34 post without one mention of Wayne Krenchicki. :D

 

..or the predecessor to Pete Rose at 3B John Vukovich - famous for being pinch-hit for in the 2nd inning by Sparky.

No one showing love for Pete. I'm fairly young so my memory only goes back so far.

Never, he cheated and for who knows how long.................

 

Didn't Schmidt admit to using amphetamines in the 70's and 80's?

Didn't Schmidt admit to using amphetamines in the 70's and 80's?

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/sports/baseball/28chass.html?ex=1298782800&en=a76ae43635a8c908&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

 

"Schmidt doesn't acknowledge in the book that he used greenies, but in a telephone interview Sunday, he said, "A couple times in my career I bit on it."

 

He added: "There were a few times in my career when I felt I needed help to get in there. I'm a victim; I admit to it. I'm not incriminating myself or players I played with to say we were on amphetamines our entire careers. I just wanted to see what they would do. It was a lack of willpower. You had an impressionable young kid, and someone says, 'Man you want to feel good?' If I had to do it over, I probably wouldn't do it. You can't put a 56-year-old head on a 28-year-old kid.""

 

 

It is what it is...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.