Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 2010

Featured Replies

What does Beechwood need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last years team they had some young guys playing a lot. So with last years experience this team will be the ones to beat agin in Class A.

 

QB may be the only question they have?

I don't think qb will be much of a question coach. Someone could correct me but I think the younger Colisimo brother ( not sure on the spelling) will be the qb this year. I saw him last year and man that kid can throw the football. His pedigree and players around him don't hurt either.

I don't think qb will be much of a question coach. Someone could correct me but I think the younger Colisimo brother ( not sure on the spelling) will be the qb this year. I saw him last year and man that kid can throw the football. His pedigree and players around him don't hurt either.

 

The offense will be interesting. I think everyone would agree that Michael Colosimo is a better passer than Rigdon. But Beechwood's offense has been built around a running QB the past several years with Rigdon and Elliott both having great speed. Colosimo is definitely a passer and not a runner. The other challenge Colosimo will have is minimizing turnovers. As good a passer as he is, he needs to reduce the interceptions.

I know Beechwood will be good but will they really be the ones to beat in 1A?

I know Beechwood will be good but will they really be the ones to beat in 1A?

 

I think anyone who follows MAYFIELD knows that they have a whole boatload coming back.

 

And I think anyone who actually follows 1A football knows that MAYFIELD is the undisputed favorite of 1A. The target is squarely on the back of the Cards. No one from Beechwood will dispute that (and make sure that you don't confuse everyone in this thread with Beechwood fans).

I dont know if I would say Mayfield is the favorite maybe one of them. I do know Beechwood will be improved and looking for some possible revenge. I do hope to possibly make a trip to the Cincy area in November. Good luck to Beechwood .

I don't think qb will be much of a question coach. Someone could correct me but I think the younger Colisimo brother ( not sure on the spelling) will be the qb this year. I saw him last year and man that kid can throw the football. His pedigree and players around him don't hurt either.

 

Based my QB comments on the Play of Rigdon. IMO he was the one person that was hard to account for when planning to try and stop Beechwood. He had legs that really surprised you.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
I think anyone who follows MAYFIELD knows that they have a whole boatload coming back.

 

And I think anyone who actually follows 1A football knows that MAYFIELD is the undisputed favorite of 1A. The target is squarely on the back of the Cards. No one from Beechwood will dispute that (and make sure that you don't confuse everyone in this thread with Beechwood fans).

Not really disputing what you have said, but if I remember correctly many Beechwood fans said that if anyone was going to beat them in 1A, last year was the year, and that they were going to be loaded for the next several years.

 

But, I agree, Mayfield is going to look good this coming season.

Not really disputing what you have said, but if I remember correctly many Beechwood fans said that if anyone was going to beat them in 1A, last year was the year, and that they were going to be loaded for the next several years.

 

But, I agree, Mayfield is going to look good this coming season.

 

True on both points. Mayfield vs. Beechwood is going to be a big theme for the 2010 season.

I thought the big difference with Beechwood last year vs the past few, was their lack of size on the O and D line. I thought their skill position players were on par with what they usually have. How do the O and D lines look for 2010?

I dont know if I would say Mayfield is the favorite maybe one of them.

 

I will say it, Mayfield will be the favorite due to what they return. Atleast in the Mayfield game, what hurt Beechwood was their line play and they will be better I do not doubt

The lines will not be big but there is a lot of depth and a lot of quality. I would not be surprised to see Beechwood have no two way players on the line this year. In fact, Beechwood will probably not have many two way players at all this coming season. For a 1A school to play platoon football is impressive.

Who is Beechwood Scrimmaging this year?

I don't think qb will be much of a question coach. Someone could correct me but I think the younger Colisimo brother ( not sure on the spelling) will be the qb this year. I saw him last year and man that kid can throw the football. His pedigree and players around him don't hurt either.

 

The reigns will be handed over to Collisimo (rightfully so), but he will be in a dog-fight to keep it...if he gets too comfortable in thinking he is "entitled" he will lose it to the junior because that kid has been putting in the off-season work...ya heard it here first :)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.