Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Rules Changes for 2010 and 2011

Featured Replies

Taking away a touchdown for a taunting penalty seems excessive to me... But whatever.

  • Author

It is especially bad when left open to interpretation by each officical

Taking away a touchdown for a taunting penalty seems excessive to me... But whatever.

That's got bad news written all over it.

Taking away a touchdown for a taunting penalty seems excessive to me... But whatever.

 

I agree^^^^

 

It is especially bad when left open to interpretation by each officical

 

 

Why is taking away a touchdown excessive? If it is a penalty that occurs before the play is over, i.e. before the players crosses the goal line, then the TD should be brought back.

I never understood, in the past, why a penalty that occurred "during" a play was enforced as if it was done "after" the play.

 

Every penalty is open to interpretation. I bet it will be an easier call tomake than most pass interference calls.

They say you can't write messages on the eye black (mainly reciting verses from the bible), does this mean you can't write it on your arms either like a lot of the players from UC do?

They say you can't write messages on the eye black (mainly reciting verses from the bible), does this mean you can't write it on your arms either like a lot of the players from UC do?

 

Yea, lets not have any Bible quotations, it could actually have a positive effect on someones life. That's sad. Whenever Tim Tebo would put a verse of scripture on his eyeblack there would be thousands who would google that verse. I guess their afraid of that, but the bottom line is they want to stop the Bible verses. What about some of these raunchy tatoos? Are they going to ban those?

I hate that players won't get a chance to write bible verses on their eye black, however, we all know it will only be a matter of time before some player takes advantage of it and disgraces the opponent, themselves or embarass their own school. I think the NCAA almost had to ban it.

 

Celebatory calls will be very questionable and taking a TD away is very excessive. Just because it is much more discretionary than any other call in most cases.

We have even discussed several questionable celebration calls on here numerous times in the past.

USF quarterback BJ Daniels wore "Only God" on his eye blacks. From what I understand, it is short for "Only God can judge me." and he derived that from his last name. The name Daniel in Hebrew means "God is my judge".

 

Most of the players from Miami had 305 inscribed on theirs. 305 is the area code for Miami/Dade.

 

Didn't Notre Dame players wear an Adidas symbol? I think that might something to do with it, too. No advertising without NCAA approval.

Taking away a touchdown for a taunting penalty seems excessive to me... But whatever.

 

I agree.

I hate that players won't get a chance to write bible verses on their eye black, however, we all know it will only be a matter of time before some player takes advantage of it and disgraces the opponent, themselves or embarass their own school. I think the NCAA almost had to ban it.

 

Celebatory calls will be very questionable and taking a TD away is very excessive. Just because it is much more discretionary than any other call in most cases.

We have even discussed several questionable celebration calls on here numerous times in the past.

 

If I'm not mistaken, I think the NCAA already had something in place to guard against the disgracing of an opponent....Bottom line IMO they simply do not want the Bible verses. We live in a "politically correct" society and we must not offend anyone...at least that's what we are being conditioned to believe.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the NCAA already had something in place to guard against the disgracing of an opponent....Bottom line IMO they simply do not want the Bible verses. We live in a "politically correct" society and we must not offend anyone...at least that's what we are being conditioned to believe.

 

I don't think so at all.

 

They just don't want any attention an anyone other than themselves. (NCAA)

Yea, lets not have any Bible quotations, it could actually have a positive effect on someones life. That's sad. Whenever Tim Tebo would put a verse of scripture on his eyeblack there would be thousands who would google that verse. I guess their afraid of that, but the bottom line is they want to stop the Bible verses. What about some of these raunchy tatoos? Are they going to ban those?

 

I understand where you are coming from, but look at it from another angle. What if the Muslim players started quoting the Koran (sp)? Would you feel the same way, or would you get a little outraged as I do. I really don't even like it when there are Muslim sounding named players playing for Notre Dame or BYU-schools with a clearly different religious heritage. (and yes I know that is not politically correct to say) So again-I agree with your viewpoint, but as we have seen in politics lately-it doesn't take long for the other side to catch up.

I understand where you are coming from, but look at it from another angle. What if the Muslim players started quoting the Koran (sp)? Would you feel the same way, or would you get a little outraged as I do. I really don't even like it when there are Muslim sounding named players playing for Notre Dame or BYU-schools with a clearly different religious heritage. (and yes I know that is not politically correct to say) So again-I agree with your viewpoint, but as we have seen in politics lately-it doesn't take long for the other side to catch up.

 

I don't care if they do quote the Koran, God's word will stand. And it is the truth that sets people free. If thousands of people google Bible verses and read them, then I see that as a good thing. I guess the debate doesn't really matter now because the NCAA has spoken, but I appreciate young men like Tim Tebow and others who have had the conviction and courage to share the greatest book ever written. The most quoted, read, discussed, debated and written about book of all time-God's Word. The world loves darkness and does not want the light to expose their darkness and its always been that way. The Bible is like a two-edged sword and it cuts coming and going. The higher-ups possibily didn't like looking at verses from a book that calls men to repent and declares that all will give an account to God someday, and that there is one way to be delivered and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ. So I believe it is deeper than what the NCAA says it is, but so be it. God bless all the young athletes who through a small way tried to get the truth out to a lost and dying world.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.