Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teague leaning to UK?

Featured Replies

Quote from Jerry Meyer:

 

"Whispers are growing louder that Kentucky will win out for Teague despite the family connection with Pitino."

 

Kid was U of L bound in my mind until recently. I feel like UK maybe has closed the gap a little bit. Still think he's going to be a Card but I'll take whispers over no whispers.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having trouble buying into this one.

 

Hasn't Teague canceled a visit to UK once a week for the last six months or so ? Has he even visited yet ?

 

Would be wonderful if it's true, I still think he ends up a Card though.

 

Maybe GT or Wireman can give us some details later.

The fact that shortly after the Pitino extension was signed Teague set a date made everyone think he was definitely headed to UofL. Now he's pushed his decision back, so one would have to think that's good for the Cats and bad for the Cards.

At this point he he's up for grabs. He hasn't been a UofL lean for a long time IMO. The UofL lean went out of the window last summer when he was supposed to commit and didn't. It's a three horse race, UC, UofL and UK.

 

He's only a junior, so no hurry for him.

Meyer is guessing and hoping he turns out right. Same as most of the national guys are doing once it seemed he was announcing soon.

 

Teague never said he was announcing this weekend, but that doesn't stop the rumor mill from swirling. What actually happened was the family sat down and talked at the start of spring break before Marquis went to ATL to spend time with Jeff. His dad wanted him to wait until the end of the summer (which is what a source VERY close to the situation told me is when he is likely to decide) but he also told Marquis that if he felt 100% that he could make a verbal any time he wanted. He relayed that in an interview and it spun out of control until it was decided far outside the family he would announce this weekend. I spoke to his dad late last week and he talked openly about that family meeting and what he said as the rumors started. He said then if Marquis was announcing at the AAU event coming up it was a surprise to him.

 

It looks pretty clear that UL, UC and UK are out front and all seem pretty even at this point...

I agree that the push back is only good for UK, since he is yet to visit I'm sure he will try to get in before making the decision and Cal will try and work his magic.

I agree that the push back is only good for UK, since he is yet to visit I'm sure he will try to get in before making the decision and Cal will try and work his magic.

You don't find it the least bit odd that while he has canceled a bunch of trips to UK that he has made time to make several visits each to UC and UL???

Why would any top recruit want to go play for Mick at this point?

Why would any top recruit want to go play for Mick at this point?

He and his family have developed a great relationship with Mick and the staff over the last 2 years and is very heavily considering UC. From what I know he has a much tighter relationship with Cronin than he does Cal or Pitino...

Why would he want to play for Pitino?

 

Number 1, Pitino has treated alot of big prospects like garbage lately....Namely Sosa and Caracter. I know there were other problems there, but Pitino treated them differently than Cal or any other big time coach would. How many times has Roy Williams ever said a player should transfer?

 

Also, Pitino's system doesn't foster 1 and done very well. Teague's going to come and split minutes with 3 or 4 other guards, it's just what Pitino does right now. Not slamming U of L, but I would not go there if I was only looking for a one year stop. UK, UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, UC, UConn or anywhere would have to be a better option going on that.

Why would any top recruit want to go play for Mick at this point?

 

From what I've read, Cronin would be the reason he would go there. So, Cronin's future is very much a big part of Teague's recruitment. That's why this next season for UC will be very important. I think they are set up to have a good season.

Why would he want to play for Pitino?

 

Number 1, Pitino has treated alot of big prospects like garbage lately....Namely Sosa and Caracter. I know there were other problems there, but Pitino treated them differently than Cal or any other big time coach would. How many times has Roy Williams ever said a player should transfer?

 

Also, Pitino's system doesn't foster 1 and done very well. Teague's going to come and split minutes with 3 or 4 other guards, it's just what Pitino does right now. Not slamming U of L, but I would not go there if I was only looking for a one year stop. UK, UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, UC, UConn or anywhere would have to be a better option going on that.

 

I disagree with your number 1. He didn't treat Sosa and DC bad. They didn't do right, he disciplined them for it. Sosa even admitted he was very immature. Pitino might of forever changed the kid, by making him grow up. The whole transfer thing with Sosa was Pitino saying to him learn to play defense or transfer. Sosa finally decided to listen a little. DC was a head case, and Pitino gave hiim many chances. DC was all about DC. Pitino knew his work ethic and weight problems would keep him from being the best he could be. Sure, he went to UTEP and played, but have you seen the kid. He is obese and no shot at playing in the NBA.

 

Personally, I'm glad he treats them different than Cal (as you mentioned). I think Cal lets his players run over him too much. Not many coaches would of took Cousins and Ortons attitude. That's what makes Cal who he is though, he can handle the attitude kids. Pitino can't. That doesn't make one better than the other IMO.

 

I do agree with your last point though, Pitino's system isn't for the 1 and done type players.

Why would any top recruit want to go play for Mick at this point?

 

IMO its a risky move to commit to Mick at this point.

Teague is a great ball player. He should go where he feels his talent will be showcased.

 

I agree about Pitino's system not being the best fit for 1 and done players. However, Teague is a special ball player and I have a feeling Pitino would make it work with him. I just can't imagine a player of his caliber splitting minutes with anyone on the UL roster.

 

As far as UC goes, I can't really give an honest opinion. I loosely follow UC.

 

If I'm in Teague's shoes, and my #1 priority is to make millions in the NBA, I'm going with the guy who has a proven track record of getting kids to the league quickly. I don't know the kid so I can't say that is his number 1 priority though.

I disagree with your number 1. He didn't treat Sosa and DC bad. They didn't do right, he disciplined them for it. Sosa even admitted he was very immature. Pitino might of forever changed the kid, by making him grow up. The whole transfer thing with Sosa was Pitino saying to him learn to play defense or transfer. Sosa finally decided to listen a little. DC was a head case, and Pitino gave hiim many chances. DC was all about DC. Pitino knew his work ethic and weight problems would keep him from being the best he could be. Sure, he went to UTEP and played, but have you seen the kid. He is obese and no shot at playing in the NBA.

 

Personally, I'm glad he treats them different than Cal (as you mentioned). I think Cal lets his players run over him too much. Not many coaches would of took Cousins and Ortons attitude. That's what makes Cal who he is though, he can handle the attitude kids. Pitino can't. That doesn't make one better than the other IMO.

 

I do agree with your last point though, Pitino's system isn't for the 1 and done type players.

 

I won't argue with DC. I always thought Sosa got a raw deal there though, no matter what his attitude was. Sosa didn't even start alot his sophomore & JR years I don't think which is crazy. Pitino doesn't work well with guys is what I'm saying, it's his way or the high way. I'm not sure that if I were Teague or any other high level guy that I would want to do that. You really never know a coach until you get on the roster.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.