Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tequila Sucks and Here's Why.

Featured Replies

Ok. So I had a rough day at work and I really wanted an adult beverage when I arrived home. I'm out of beer (eek!!!!), so I look in the cupboard to see what's available. The ONLY thing available is a bottle of tequila that has been there for probably 1 or 2 years. Much to my horror, I realized in short order that tequila doesn't go with ANYTHING (unless you have margarita mix or something similar). If you have vodka, cola or some type of juice will do. If you have rum, same thing. Whiskey? Neat, on the rocks, or cola will suffice. But tequila? Ugh......... I'm not in college anymore so shooters are out of the question.

 

I searched the house and discovered, much to my chagrin, that the only beverage available, other than water, is lemonade. So................against my better judgment, I concocted what has to be the WORST cocktail EVER made, Tequila and lemonade. Disgusting you ask? Yes.

  • Author
Good tequila isn't bad at all on the rocks (or neat but chilled) with a lime.

 

Who said anything about "good"?:D

Oddly enough, yes.

 

:laugh::laugh:

Tequila Sunrise is my drink of choice. OJ and a little grenadine.:thumb:

Tequila Sunrise is my drink of choice. OJ and a little grenadine.:thumb:

 

Yup! Nothing better than a good Blanco Tequilla!

Tequila Sunrise is my drink of choice. OJ and a little grenadine.:thumb:

 

Not a bad drink at all. But if he ain't got whiskey, vodka, rum or even beer; he's probably fresh out of grenadine. Although I guess a splash of pomegranate juice would do in a pinch.

Drink two more and report back, please. :lol:

Tequila Sunrise is my drink of choice. OJ and a little grenadine.:thumb:
I got plowed on those one time when I was going to Morehead. I also think we were using bad orange juice. Got sick and ended up in the infirmary with alcohol poisoning. Had the prettiest little nursing student you'd ever want to see taking care of me and I was to sick to care. :cry:

 

That was 30+ years ago and to this day, the site of any red syrupy drink makes my stomach turn. Alcohol in it or not. :puke:

I just can't stomach tequila but I have to admit I've never had the high dollar variety.

I got plowed on those one time when I was going to Morehead. I also think we were using bad orange juice. Got sick and ended up in the infirmary with alcohol poisoning. Had the prettiest little nursing student you'd ever want to see taking care of me and I was to sick to care. :cry:

 

That was 30+ years ago and to this day, the site of any red syrupy drink makes my stomach turn. Alcohol in it or not. :puke:

 

Just so I'm clear, are you blaming it on the orange juice?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.