Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Game changing call

Featured Replies

My answer won't be to your liking so you win. We had the easiest region. They gave us the Final Four on a platter and luckily we defeated everyone to make it to the Final Four.

 

So if Duke wins it all, is this the weakest Final Four fielded ever? If we beat WVU, with their point guard back who ironically is getting fitted for a special shoe in Durham, NC, what will you say then? Our weak region will have nothing to do with us beating WVU, if it happens. Hard to imagine our weak region prepared us for beating a team like WVU.

 

Like I said in another post, Duke may have won if they were given the toughest region. I simply do not know and neither does anyone else. If Duke wins a championship they will have earned it because they will have to beat 2 really good teams to do so. And Duke definitly deserves credit for taking care of business in their region. But I find it absurd that the commitee would put together such a weak region. I truly believe that the top 6 teams in Kansas's region is better than any team besides Duke in their region.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:deadhorse::deadhorse: You just had to go there , didn't you .

 

:lol: The Blue Devil made made me do it.:lol:

What has happened to change the fact that the region is not easy? We knew going in that Villanova was the weakest 2 seed and had fallen off mightily down the stretch and they got beat early on. We knew without Hummell Purdue wasn't the same team and they showed that in the tournament. Baylor did not have to beat anyone to make it to the Elite 8. They played 3 mid major teams. And played a simple 2-3 zone against Duke. Please tell me what region was weaker than Duke's region. This should be good. :popcorn:

 

Purdue - Hummel > Cornell. They weren't the same dominating team but they played pretty darn good. They gave Duke a game for about 33 minutes. Purdue plays as good a defense as anybody in the tournament. Baylor was a very talented team, not a West Virginia, but not far from.

 

UK's only tough game was West Virginia and they lost.

And just for PurplePride...

 

 

 

:thumb:

 

Thank you. That never gets old and always makes me smile uncontrollably. I think I am going to have to watch that whole game sometime this week. Greatest game ever. Thanks.:ylsuper:

The real question is, who cares?

 

Why does this play effect UK fans so much? I could understand if you were a Baylor fan and complaining about it. Its over and its not changing anything. Next thread.

Purdue - Hummel > Cornell. They weren't the same dominating team but they played pretty darn good. They gave Duke a game for about 33 minutes. Purdue plays as good a defense as anybody in the tournament. Baylor was a very talented team, not a West Virginia, but not far from.

 

UK's only tough game was West Virginia and they lost.

 

Cornell almost beat Kansas at home. They also beat 2 ranked teams (Temple and Wisconsin) in the tournament. Cornell proved they had a quality basketball team and IMO they would have beaten Purdue. Really, Cornell had a much more impressive NCAA resume than Baylor. They beat better teams than Baylor beat.

 

Also, UK simply did not play well against WVU. But this isn't all about UK and Duke. Kansas had a very tough region! Syracuse also had a very tough region. I maintain that it simply was not right what the selection commitee did.

Cornell almost beat Kansas at home. They also beat 2 ranked teams (Temple and Wisconsin) in the tournament. Cornell proved they had a quality basketball team and IMO they would have beaten Purdue. Really, Cornell had a much more impressive NCAA resume than Baylor. They beat better teams than Baylor beat.

 

Also, UK simply did not play well against WVU. But this isn't all about UK and Duke. Kansas had a very tough region! Syracuse also had a very tough region. I maintain that it simply was not right what the selection commitee did.

 

:cry::cry:

In all honesty, I try to remain sensible but I have some 18% in me and it comes out from time to time. I can admit that. Especially after this whole thread has already been discussed over and over in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. I know I am sensitive and the other Duke fans on here have told me multiple times to let it go Duke fans can't win on this board, but I can't. This whole thread is going to turn into a whole 'the refs love Duke, the NCAA loves Duke, CBS loves Duke and they will make sure Duke wins the national championship' type of discussion. Sensibility left in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. Sorry, forgive me.

 

No problem man, I didn't read the other thread. I watched most of the game...not very intently as my wife grabbed our remote and kept switching the channel to something on HGTV :madman: and after a week of NOTHING but bball at my house, I didn't argue. I guess it goes back to my post in the "what irks you about UK fans"...we are all way to sensitive and need to just cheer our team on and not worry about everyone else.

 

To the question...I think there are several plays throughout every game that if gone the other way could seriously affect the outcome. I have no idea about this one as I didn't really see it.

Saw the video. What's the issue again?

Saw the video. What's the issue again?

 

A lot of people think it was a block. Does that help?

Saw the video. What's the issue again?

 

The issue is if the roles were reversed it would have for sure been a block. Duke got every call late. The problem was Baylor still had to melt down and Duke still had to make plays. That's what happened, but I would have loved to have seen that called a block which IMO there's no question it was. Bottom line though was Duke made the plays after that and that's why they won.

The issue is if the roles were reversed it would have for sure been a block. Duke got every call late. The problem was Baylor still had to melt down and Duke still had to make plays. That's what happened, but I would have loved to have seen that called a block which IMO there's no question it was. Bottom line though was Duke made the plays after that and that's why they won.

 

That's a good point. I'm sure it is frustrating to their fans to have to listen to us gripe about the favoritism that we perceive Duke receiving. Duke has a very good team and may have won due to their players making big plays, but it seems as though they get the benefit of more than their fair share of 50/50 calls and usually seem to get very timely calls. Why does this appear to occur? Some things that I read in the comments sections of stories posted online after this weekend's game include the following(and these were not from UK fans);

 

1. Coach K intimidates the refs.

2. Coach K's reputation influences the refs.

3. CBS wants them to be in the Final 4.

4. NCAA wants them to be in the Final 4.

5. Perception that Duke players are all american boys.

6. Officials can relate more closely to Duke players(toned down version).

:deadhorse:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.