Game changing call

Wildcat Dad

Duke may have made it to the Final 4 with the an extremely tough region. Who knows. But why on earth would Duke be given such an easy bracket!?! Can we all agree it was the easiest region of the 4?

Was it the easiest when first announced? Yes. Did it end up being the easiest road of the #1's? Absolutely not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke may have made it to the Final 4 with the an extremely tough region. Who knows. But why on earth would Duke be given such an easy bracket!?! Can we all agree it was the easiest region of the 4?

UK margin of victory 25.3 pts/victory.

Duke margin of victory 16 pts/victory.

No, we can't agree it was an easier bracket.

If that had been Cousins trying to take the charge and moving in and the referee makes the wrong call ,you honestly wouldn't start a thread about it or part take in one . Cmon it happens every game the Cats play maybe not by you but it happens eveygame .

So I guess you don't think they missed the call the other night when Cousins was thrown to the floor and no intentional was called or did you have your blinders on there also because it went against the Cats .:ohbrother:

:laugh: You're stretching big guy.

I didn't say it was game changing, but I just thought it was a bad call. On replay you can see Zoubek turn into him, he was not set. With all that said, Duke won the game with the offensive rebounds down the stretch.

No, you didn't say it was game changing. And I don't believe it was. However, the title of this thread is game changing call. Your last sentence says it all.

Hey, I sure hope CBS makes sure Duke wins the national championship! :ylsuper:

They will try for the ratings ;:laugh::lol:. I am just kidding .But my point is We Cat Fans constantly get bashed as a whole for such reactions as you guys have fired back in this thread . I don't blame you all for standing up for Duke . Like I said all in fun but whats good for the goose should be good for the Gander :isurrender:

Was it the easiest when first announced? Yes. Did it end up being the easiest road of the #1's? Absolutely not.

What has happened to change the fact that the region is not easy? We knew going in that Villanova was the weakest 2 seed and had fallen off mightily down the stretch and they got beat early on. We knew without Hummell Purdue wasn't the same team and they showed that in the tournament. Baylor did not have to beat anyone to make it to the Elite 8. They played 3 mid major teams. And played a simple 2-3 zone against Duke. Please tell me what region was weaker than Duke's region. This should be good. :popcorn:

If that had been Cousins trying to take the charge and moving in and the referee makes the wrong call ,you honestly wouldn't start a thread about it or part take in one . Cmon it happens every game the Cats play maybe not by you but it happens eveygame .

So I guess you don't think they missed the call the other night when Cousins was thrown to the floor and no intentional was called or did you have your blinders on there also because it went against the Cats .:ohbrother:

No, I wouldn't because I don't participate in bashing UK when things didn't go their way this year. I have in the past but I have gained a ton of respect for a lot of UK ans on here so if I have nothing nice to say about UK, I don't say anything at all.

As for Cousins(thought this was a Duke thread:isurrender:)I have already agreed that Cousins was treated differently the whole tournament, especially in the Cornell game when it was an obvious intentional foul.:taz: I didn't see much of the WVU but apparently he was beaten upon that whole game as well. I hated that his 'reputation'(one I think was falsely earned) garnered bad treatment from the referees in the tourney. I wish him well in his soon to be NBA future. I always liked Big Cuz and John Wall.

See, FormerCawoodTrojan? Do you see where my rant came from now???:idunno:

UK margin of victory 25.3 pts/victory.

Duke margin of victory 16 pts/victory.

No, we can't agree it was an easier bracket.

UK is more explosive than Duke. They are more athletic and against weaker competition are going to put up more points. West Virginia is so far and away better than anyone Duke has faced in the NCAA tournament.

No, I wouldn't because I don't participate in bashing UK when things didn't go their way this year. I have in the past but I have gained a ton of respect for a lot of UK ans on here so if I have nothing nice to say about UK, I don't say anything at all.

As for Cousins(thought this was a Duke thread:isurrender:)I have already agreed that Cousins was treated differently the whole tournament, especially in the Cornell game when it was an obvious intentional foul.:taz: I didn't see much of the WVU but apparently he was beaten upon that whole game as well. I hated that his 'reputation'(one I think was falsely earned) garnered bad treatment from the referees in the tourney. I wish him well in his soon to be NBA future. I always liked Big Cuz and John Wall.

See, FormerCawoodTrojan? Do you see where my rant came from now???:idunno:

Do you think jumping on UK fans side is going to remove the hatred that most of the UK fan base share? :lol:

What has happened to change the fact that the region is not easy? We knew going in that Villanova was the weakest 2 seed and had fallen off mightily down the stretch and they got beat early on. We knew without Hummell Purdue wasn't the same team and they showed that in the tournament. Baylor did not have to beat anyone to make it to the Elite 8. They played 3 mid major teams. And played a simple 2-3 zone against Duke. Please tell me what region was weaker than Duke's region. This should be good. :popcorn:

My answer won't be to your liking so you win. We had the easiest region. They gave us the Final Four on a platter and luckily we defeated everyone to make it to the Final Four.

So if Duke wins it all, is this the weakest Final Four fielded ever? If we beat WVU, with their point guard back who ironically is getting fitted for a special shoe in Durham, NC, what will you say then? Our weak region will have nothing to do with us beating WVU, if it happens. Hard to imagine our weak region prepared us for beating a team like WVU.

Do you think jumping on UK fans side is going to remove the hatred that most of the UK fan base share? :lol:

:lol:

Of course not. I just think it is hilarious that even when you still agree with them, they jump to conclusions about where you stand on UK related issues.

Can't win for nothing.....

And to think, I never said anything about yesterday being the 18th anniversary of The Shot.

Of course not. I just think it is hilarious that even when you still agree with them, they jump to conclusions about where you stand on UK related issues.

And to think, I never said anything about yesterday being the 18th anniversary of The Shot.

:clap:

:deadhorse::deadhorse: You just had to go there , didn't you .