Game changing call

Wildcat Dad

Gotta see if it is just my opinion or if others agree . I know this going to burn at the DUKIE fans ; was the charge call on Quincy for Baylor not one of the worse calls ever made in a tourney game . I won't say it changed the outcome of the game but it definitely turned good old MO in the Dukies favor .. :confused:

Baylor up by 2 ;if the block is called ,count the basket and 1 freethrow if that is made Bears up 5 with approximately 3:40 left on the clock not to mention that would have been the 5th foul on Zoubek .After the incorrect call (correct me if I am wrong ), Duke goes on a 12 -1 run . Could the outcome have been different with the correct call?:idunno:

With that point being made congrats to the Duke Fans on a big Win and congrats to other FINAL FOUR TEAMS. I do wish my Cats were there .I hate to say it but I am rooting for ----------- :sssh::p:D Butler , HOPE I don't jinx them .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It most definitely would have.

I am just grateful that CBS and the NCAA got it right and gave us the easiest region so we could make it back to the Final Four. It's been so long and obviously we are never good enugh to do it as a team playing the cards they were dealt. Hopefully they'll listen to Duke Vitale and reseed the Final Four before Saturday so we can play Butler while WVU and MSU battle it out to make our road even easier. I hope we can get a Cameron Crazy up to West Virginia to step on Truck Bryant's foot one good time so we can end all hopes of him coming back this week. Lord knows we can't have anyone ruining our chances at a 4th national title. I know the kids play the games on the court but we only seem to do good when we get an easy region along with the referees wearing blue and white stripes instead of black and white. I don't know what the Blue Devils would do without all of that help from outside sources.

I am just grateful that CBS and the NCAA got it right and gave us the easiest region so we could make it back to the Final Four. It's been so long and obviously we are never good enugh to do it as a team playing the cards they were dealt. Hopefully they'll listen to Duke Vitale and reseed the Final Four before Saturday so we can play Butler while WVU and MSU battle it out to make our road even easier. I hope we can get a Cameron Crazy up to West Virginia to step on Truck Bryant's foot one good time so we can end all hopes of him coming back this week. Lord knows we can't have anyone ruining our chances at a 4th national title. I know the kids play the games on the court but we only seem to do good when we get an easy region along with the referees wearing blue and white stripes instead of black and white. I don't know what the Blue Devils would do without all of that help from outside sources.

Do you agree with the charge called on the play?

See, this is what I don't understand. All the bashing of UK fans being too sensitive and then you go on like this. You had always seemed pretty sensible...where did this rant come from?

Do you agree with the charge called on the play?

Could have gone either way. Close call. I do not think it affected or changed the game. I was surprised Zoubek would even put himself in that position when he had 4 fouls but he did and the refs made what they felt was the right call. Do I agree with it? Yes, because my team benefited from it and that is the honest truth. Plus, I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings on beer number ???, so it looked like a charge to me.

At the same time......the charge/block call is the hardest call to make in all of basketball. I challenge anyone to show me where this call is consistently made correctly and I challenge anyone to show me the referee who gets this call exactly right every time.

I can also say this....had they called a block I wouldn't be on here starting threads about it nor, if they would have called a block, would I be blaming a Duke loss on that one call. It's a 40 minute game, not a one call make the whole game.

See, this is what I don't understand. All the bashing of UK fans being too sensitive and then you go on like this. You had always seemed pretty sensible...where did this rant come from?

:thumb: We would be bashed for three pages by now , just asked a question .

But I still think it was a horrible call. With that being said also I am glad others do agree with me .:cool:

But I still think it was a horrible call. With that being said also I am glad others do agree with me .:cool:

Whats it change?

Absolutely nothing. :thumb:

In all honesty, I try to remain sensible but I have some 18% in me and it comes out from time to time. I can admit that. Especially after this whole thread has already been discussed over and over in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. I know I am sensitive and the other Duke fans on here have told me multiple times to let it go Duke fans can't win on this board, but I can't. This whole thread is going to turn into a whole 'the refs love Duke, the NCAA loves Duke, CBS loves Duke and they will make sure Duke wins the national championship' type of discussion. Sensibility left in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. Sorry, forgive me.

Your whole question has already been bashing for 2 pages on the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread so I guess we are on page 3 now, huh?

In all honesty, I try to remain sensible but I have some 18% in me and it comes out from time to time. I can admit that. Especially after this whole thread has already been discussed over and over in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. I know I am sensitive and the other Duke fans on here have told me multiple times to let it go Duke fans can't win on this board, but I can't. This whole thread is going to turn into a whole 'the refs love Duke, the NCAA loves Duke, CBS loves Duke and they will make sure Duke wins the national championship' type of discussion. Sensibility left in the Duke 78 Baylor 71 thread. Sorry, forgive me.

Hey, I sure hope CBS makes sure Duke wins the national championship! :ylsuper:

Could have gone either way. Close call. I do not think it affected or changed the game. I was surprised Zoubek would even put himself in that position when he had 4 fouls but he did and the refs made what they felt was the right call. Do I agree with it? Yes, because my team benefited from it and that is the honest truth. Plus, I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings on beer number ???, so it looked like a charge to me.

At the same time......the charge/block call is the hardest call to make in all of basketball. I challenge anyone to show me where this call is consistently made correctly and I challenge anyone to show me the referee who gets this call exactly right every time.

I can also say this....had they called a block I wouldn't be on here starting threads about it nor, if they would have called a block, would I be blaming a Duke loss on that one call. It's a 40 minute game, not a one call make the whole game.

If that had been Cousins trying to take the charge and moving in and the referee makes the wrong call ,you honestly wouldn't start a thread about it or part take in one . Cmon it happens every game the Cats play maybe not by you but it happens eveygame .

So I guess you don't think they missed the call the other night when Cousins was thrown to the floor and no intentional was called or did you have your blinders on there also because it went against the Cats .:ohbrother:

I didn't say it was game changing, but I just thought it was a bad call. On replay you can see Zoubek turn into him, he was not set. With all that said, Duke won the game with the offensive rebounds down the stretch.