March 29, 201016 yr #4 Seed Kentucky knocks out the #1 seed Nebraska, who was 33-1 at the time. A win against Oklahoma will send them to the Final Four.
March 29, 201016 yr Great game, fun team to watch. I hope the UK fans get behind the ladies like they have the men....they deserve it.
March 29, 201016 yr Big win for the ladies...hope they can keep it up! Coach Mitchell...and Coach Stephanopoulos too!
March 29, 201016 yr Wow! Elite 8! And he still has a very young team. Coach Mitchell, his staff and players have been beyond wonderful this season! After all the complaining about him being hired at first, ... turned out that the only hire that Mitch has made that hasn't worked out was BCG, and that was rectified. What a nice pick me up it would be to have the Lady Cats in the final 4! Just awesome!!!
March 29, 201016 yr When is their next game? Tuesday night. They play the third seed, Oklahoma, for a trip to the Final Four. UK is the only SEC team still alive.
March 29, 201016 yr I don't watch a lot of women's basketball, but I watched most of this one. Very happy for Matthew Mitchell and the team... Mathies and Dunlap are players!
March 29, 201016 yr Great win. Went out last night to watch this one and was a little surprised that basically no Cats fans were out watching it.
March 29, 201016 yr Great win. Went out last night to watch this one and was a little surprised that basically no Cats fans were out watching it. Doesn't really surprise me... A lot of UK fans I know aren't even aware of the excellent basketball the ladies are playing. Much to her dismay, I made my girlfriend watch it last night... She dominates the TV, but she always agreed that we got to watch UK basketball. She didn't know that meant the ladies too. :dancingpa
March 29, 201016 yr I enjoyed the game, the first womens college game I've watched actually. The Cats look like a fun team to watch. With their speed, I'd love to see them play UCONN. Just to be measured at where UK is. I hate the camera angles on a womens basketball game, it feels like the camera is in the rafters, wouldn't it make more sense to be at almost game level since they are shorter players? I really liked the camera angle in the Duke/Baylor matchup.
March 29, 201016 yr I enjoyed the game, the first womens college game I've watched actually. The Cats look like a fun team to watch. With their speed, I'd love to see them play UCONN. Just to be measured at where UK is. I hate the camera angles on a womens basketball game, it feels like the camera is in the rafters, wouldn't it make more sense to be at almost game level since they are shorter players? I really liked the camera angle in the Duke/Baylor matchup. Could happen if both teams make the finals... UConn would probably roll, however. Major role reversals between UK and Louisville this season... Louisville men went from overall #1 (and Elite Eight loss) to the 8/9 game and a first round loss. The women went from the title game last season to out of the tournament. The UK men went from out of the tournament to a #1 seed (and Elite Eight loss)... The UK women went from out of the tournament to the Elite 8, and if the trend continues they should be playing for it all in San Antonio. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.