Kentucky/Indiana Allstar team

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys selected to tryout are comprised of Mr. Basketball, each region's POY, and players all-state voting results. 43 were invited. Some didn't show up. They invited some more to take their place. Some of those didn't show up. I think they ended up with 41. About 12 coaches were involved. They watched the first day's practice and rated and started paring down the players into "definite", "bubble", "probably not." Just like a beauty pageant, just because you do not get selected doesn't mean you're ugly.

The next morning the coaches got together again and re-evaluted their previous designations. They got down to 8 to 10 who were on the team and then had to pick from about 4 or 5 players for the final 1 or 2 spots.

For those that say the team was already selected that's absolutely not true. Remember, they're forming a basketball team to go compete against a talented team. They're not selecting all of the best shooters or scorers. They are filling roles to form a team specifically built to beat Indiana. If they were playing TN it might be a different bunch selected.

Not sure about the team being picked before tryouts. Last year Aaron Wilson made the team coming out of the weakest district in the 1st Region on a team that went 8-13. Not sure many folks knew about him across the state. He did some good things that the coaches felt could help the KY team and he was selected.

I heard that Elijah Pittman absolutely dominated the try outs and the duo of Keisten Jones/Ricardo Johnson also looked extremely good and stood out.

I heard that Pittman was busting his hump and diving on the floor at the tryout.

I heard that Pittman was busting his hump and diving on the floor at the tryout.

Which would go hand in hand with him dominating the try outs and looking extremely good...

When he is going hard he's tough to stop at both ends of the floor.

Which would go hand in hand with him dominating the try outs and looking extremely good...

When he is going hard he's tough to stop at both ends of the floor.

Correct. I understand he left no doubt in the coaches' mind as to him making the team.

Correct. I understand he left no doubt in the coaches' mind as to him making the team.

Good to know.

I believe Keisten Jones and Ricardo Johnson were both put in to that category as well. Have heard several say that those two looked extremely good together.

Monday, April 19, 2010

All-Star rosters coming Wednesday

Just talked to Dave Satterly, game director for the Kentucky All-Star basketball teams, and he said the boys' and girls' rosters will be released Wednesday afternoon.

Tryouts were held Friday and Saturday at Campbellsville University. The Kentucky All-Stars will face Indiana on June 11 at Bellarmine University's Knights Hall and June 12 at Indianapolis' Conseco Fieldhouse.

Email this • Share on Facebook • Twit This!

posted by Jason Frakes at 2:36 PM 0 comments

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good to know.

I believe Keisten Jones and Ricardo Johnson were both put in to that category as well. Have heard several say that those two looked extremely good together.

Wait until game time when they face Indiana. Hopefully your sources are correct when the average height goes up about 4 inches. With players like Jackson, Guyn, Foster, and Euton absent, wouldn't that effect the level of comp?

I for one hope KY can pull a win this series.

Wait until game time when they face Indiana. Hopefully your sources are correct when the average height goes up about 4 inches. With players like Jackson, Guyn, Foster, and Euton absent, wouldn't that effect the level of comp?

I for one hope KY can pull a win this series.

Height isn't everything.

Assuming the following players showed up, I'd say KY's roster will look something like this:

5'11 Elisha Justice

6'0 Jared Polson

6'2 Aaron Watts

6'3 Vance Hall

6'4 Keisten Jones

6'4 Josh Sewell (if healthy)

6'5 Ricardo Johnson

6'6 Ashley Hatfield

6'7 Colt Barnhill

6'7 Donovan Gibbs

6'8 Elijah Pittman

The 12th and final spot....:idunno:

I could be way off. I will say that Justice (no brainer), R. Johnson, Jones, Watts, and Pittman will all for sure be on the team.

Way to go out on a limb with those 5...I know. :isurrender: