2011 Regional Favorites

We're two days removed from the conclusion of the 2010 season. Which teams standout as favorites for each region in the 2011 season? Still really early, but speculation is fun.

1 - Graves Co. / Paducah Tilghman

2 - Christian Co.

3 -

4 - Warren Central / Bowling Green

5 -

6 - Iroquois / Fairdale / PRP

7 - Eastern

8 - Shelby Co.

9 -

10 - Clark Co.

11 - Lafayette / Lexington Catholic / Scott Co. / Tates Creek

12 - Wayne Co.

13 - Clay Co.

14 - Hazard

15 -

16 - Elliott Co.

Any additions, subtractions ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In region 4, I'd have Russellville as a slight favorite, with Bowling Green right behind and Warren Central at #3. WC is going to have to prove themselves after losing so much from last year's team. They return Fant and Shanklin, but as good as they are, they're still just two players. Russellville was a very strong dark horse this year, and they lose very little from that team.

Region 1 ... I would rank Paducah Tilghman, Marshall County and Graves County as the top three contenders, in that order.

Tilghman loses two starters and returns six of their top eight players. Marshall loses two starters, one of which is their only real post presence. Graves loses two starters, including perhaps the region's top post player, and three of their top six players.

Fulton County may be the best of the rest with the quickest and most athletic team in the region aside from Tilghman. The Pilots lose just one starter and relied on several sophomores.

We're two days removed from the conclusion of the 2010 season. Which teams standout as favorites for each region in the 2011 season? Still really early, but speculation is fun.

2 - Christian Co.

3 -

5 -

7 - Eastern

8 - Shelby Co.

9 -

10 - Clark Co.

12 - Wayne Co.

13 - Clay Co.

14 - Hazard

15 -

16 - Elliott Co.

Oh no , not this already.:ohbrother:

I'm hearing a potential transfer or two could have a big impact on the 13th and 14th races.

Wouldn't be the first time a transfer altered a race for any one of the regions (1-16). Until then, I'd just assume (for purposes of ranking) that its hearsay, unless there's more that you can legitimately share in the forum.

Wayne hasn't proven too much.

Can the Dixon and Williams show carry the Raiders? They haven't proved it yet, what makes anyone think they can now?

West Jessamine loses Polson = done.

Boyle may improve and be a contender. Mercer may be okay.

It will be a down year for the 12th, in my opinion.

2 - Christian Co.

3 -

5 -

7 - Eastern

8 - Shelby Co.

9 -

10 - Clark Co.

12 - Wayne Co.

13 - Clay Co.

14 - Hazard

15 -

16 - Elliott Co.

I would add Mason County ahead of Clark County. They are the defending two-time region champions.:ohbrother: