2011 Regional Favorites

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason beat Clark by two points on their home floor in the regional finals. Given that most or all of Clark's top players are back and that Mason has some personnel losses, I don't see how the Royals would be favored to win the region.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off. I just don't see how they would be considered the favorite.

Has a team ever been pre season ranked #1 in state and not be the favorite to win their own region?

I think there is a strong possibility for this to occur next year.

Maybe they need to focus on region before state. :idunno::lol::p

It's a long way till the 2011 season. Can't wait for GRC/Mason Co!

Mason beat Clark by two points on their home floor in the regional finals. Given that most or all of Clark's top players are back and that Mason has some personnel losses, I don't see how the Royals would be favored to win the region.

I'm not saying they can't pull it off. I just don't see how they would be considered the favorite.

I agree on all parts. GRC only lost 1 senior in Chas Kindred. Mason Co looses, Ryan King, Justin Lang, Bradley Lang, and Rheuben Bluford.

Has a team ever been pre season ranked #1 in state and not be the favorite to win their own region?

I think there is a strong possibility for this to occur next year.

Not to my knowledge. I do remember when Ashland was ranked #1 in the state, but lost in the finals of the region and didn't make it to state.

GRC SHOULD win that region, but boys and girls the game between Clark and Mason is about the mental part. Can GRC finally get over the hump and beat Mason when it matters? I say GRC is the better team but I have to go with Mason right now, until they lose the region.

This could be another entire thread in itself, but this was the huge arguement earlier in the year about Who Is #1 in the 10th??? Many wanted to say Clark because of thier talent and doubted Mason. Mason has proved themselves to be the best team in the region despite not having nearly the amount of talent Clark has, so until Clark can show they can live up to thier potential, Mason should stay #1. However, I do think Clark SHOULD be there at #1 since they have had the top talent in the region the past several years.

The 9th region will be wide open with the departure of some deep senior classes from Newport, Holmes, Boone Co, Highlands, and other teams losing several key seniors.

At this point though, I'd have Conner or Boone as a slight favorite to win it with Dixie right behind those two.

How firm would you say Elliott County is being a favorite in 2011 out of the 16th? They need to find another shooting guard and their bench play has to improve! Nickell and Ison really have to step it up over the summer to give Timmy some help to solidify them in the state tournament next year. I would also suggest a stronger schedule, if for example Clark County would go along with it, play the Cardinals home and home.