Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 81 Cincinnati 66

Featured Replies

Final

 

2nd round of NIT

 

***Final was 81-66 for what it's worth, if someone wants to change it.

 

Dayton at Illinois Wednesday night.

Can't explain it. Result was entirely illogical.

When a bad shooting team plays awful defense this is the result...

What an abysmal performance by UC. 6-31 from 3 point range (pretty typical). Outrebounded by 8. Gave up nine 3's by Dayton in the 1st half. Yancy Gates once again looked like he didn't want to be there tonight. Not sure how many seats were sold tonight, but it appeared that UD brought at least 2000 fans tonight. I'd hate to be in UC's marketing department and have to come up with a marketing slogan for next year's team. They can't shoot the ball, they don't pass the ball, their style of play is extremely boring and people have lost faith in their coach. What do you sell next year?

Edited by HOOPSNUT
spelling

It was painfully obvious this year that UC lacked enough players that could score when they needed points. Cronin has always been labeled as a great recruiter, right? He might want to broaden his horizons when it comes to evaluating prospects talent. The current NCAA tournament has proven once again how many players get over looked each and every year and fall through the cracks to the mid-majors. Every year we are all introduced to kids that "NO" one knew anything about prior to the tournament. I think Cornell's center was not even recruited by DIII schools, said he wasn't good enough. How does the Wittman kid get overlooked? What about Ali from NIU? Happens every year.

 

Cronin might need to make some changes regarding his recruiting philosophy, if not, he won't be at UC very long imo.

Yeah. They need more slow white kids that can shoot to compete in the Big East. I'll let him know...

Yeah. They need more slow white kids that can shoot to compete in the Big East. I'll let him know...

 

Louis Dale is not bad either GT. Are you saying that Wittman, Ali, and Foote could not play in the "BEAST"? Maybe Cronin is just looking for athleticism, and nothing else. There is MUCH more to being a great basketball player than just a vertical over 40". These players that I use as examples have many intangibles that give them many advantages over more athletic players. It's not always about the "show". Looks like you will defend Cronin till the end. I do admire your loyalty.

Louis Dale is not bad either GT. Are you saying that Wittman, Ali, and Foote could not play in the "BEAST"? Maybe Cronin is just looking for athleticism, and nothing else. There is MUCH more to being a great basketball player than just a vertical over 40". These players that I use as examples have many intangibles that give them many advantages over more athletic players. It's not always about the "show". Looks like you will defend Cronin till the end. I do admire your loyalty.

I'm saying while those are very good college players, recruiting that type of talent and hoping you found the needle in the haystack just doesn't cut it in the major conferences except maybe in the Big 10 where the style of play for the most part is a bit slower paced. There are kids with those skill set of the players you mentioned at every mid major program in America, yet you can only site 3 or 4 examples and there is a good reason for that. Even guys like Blake Hoffarber and Rotnei Clarke who were heavily recruited came in as a serious liability on defense, and if you give up as much as you score night in and night out how much are you really helping the program? A perfect example would be Brad Redford at X. You won't find 5 kids in the country with a better 3 point stroke, but Mack can't put him on the floor to utilize it because when he does the opponent isolates him on the other end and abuses the hell out of him because he simply can't defend at an even average level.

 

Bottom line on this game is the players didn't take Dayton seriously, and it showed big time in their effort on the defensive end. Lance said as much when I asked him about it in the post game presser. If in your mind that's on the coach, I'm not changing that opinion. I'd contend a lot of coaches you hold in a higher regard than Mick dealt with the same problem over the last 5 days, and a lot of them are sitting home right now working on how to get better next year as well...

Congrats to Deonta Vaughn on a great career at UC through some very tough circumstances. He ends his career as the all time leader in assists and 3 pointers made and 3rd all time in points behind Oscar and Steve Logan. While his SR season wasn't what anyone expected he had a great career at UC...

Congrats to Deonta Vaughn on a great career at UC through some very tough circumstances. He ends his career as the all time leader in assists and 3 pointers made and 3rd all time in points behind Oscar and Steve Logan. While his SR season wasn't what anyone expected he had a great career at UC...

 

You have to respect a kid like Vaughn. I've always liked him.

When Dayton can hit threes, they are exactly the dangerous team people thought they would be at the beginning of the season. But this particular preseason top-25 team never could hit threes all season long. It's part of what led to their slow collapse throughout the season. I'm glad to see the Flyers play well during this game and I hope we can find a way to keep up the good shooting come Wednesday night.

Congrats to Deonta Vaughn on a great career at UC through some very tough circumstances. He ends his career as the all time leader in assists and 3 pointers made and 3rd all time in points behind Oscar and Steve Logan. While his SR season wasn't what anyone expected he had a great career at UC...

 

I was thinking the same last night as I was watching the end of the game. Great career, Deonta Vaughn:thumb:

Watching Stevenson last night, I thought I was watching a soccer game. He exaggerates quite a bit when he gets hit, or touches someone.

Yeah. They need more slow white kids that can shoot to compete in the Big East. I'll let him know...

:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.