Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bledsoe's Status?

Featured Replies

NBA pre-draft camp is a one time deal for each player, might not want to burn it yet. I think most advisors would advise Bledsoe against going.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've talked to quite a few NBA scouts about Bledsoe and they seem pretty evenly split down the middle on him. Some flat out love him and would snap him up in the 1st round without thinking twice. Others think he is too reckless with the ball, and really needs another year of college...

Bledsoe needs to stay another year, and so does Orton. Calipari will preach this to them. He is known in the past for his unbiased opinion and advising kids to do what is truly best, and I think he will tell them both to stay.

NBA pre-draft camp is a one time deal for each player, might not want to burn it yet. I think most advisors would advise Bledsoe against going.

 

This is the perfect time to use it. Bledsoe is going to be an NBA player, barring injury. You would use this when you are most unsure of your draft status; based on his progression, this year makes the most sense. Next year, if he plays well, there won't be much of a question as to whether or not he is a first round pick.

:thumb:

 

Bledsoe and Orton certainly need more polish, but they'll be first rounders based on talent. Its hard to pass on that.

 

When you ask the question, do they "need" another year, what is your criteria? Getting more polished and ready to contribute as a rookie...or projected draft position? Its hard for me to say a guy "needs" another year when he'll go in the first round of the draft.

 

Like I've stated on other thread I feel that unless you're one of the "can't-miss" prospects, you had better go to the NBA when you have enough game to contribute. I couldn't see either one being much of a factor at the NBA level next season, though I guess a team could be so weak at PG and high on Bledsoe's potential that they let him learn on the job. Some are already labeling Beasley as a bust and I think that after a year or two teams just forget about you now a days if you're not a heavy contributor.

Bledsoe and Orton both need a couple more seasons.

Bledsoe needs to stay another year, and so does Orton. Calipari will preach this to them. He is known in the past for his unbiased opinion and advising kids to do what is truly best, and I think he will tell them both to stay.

 

I think that Bledsoe has been the biggest head case on the team this year. Cal may tell him to go.

If the decision had to be made today, I think Bledsoe is gone and it would probably be a wise decision. I know the NBA likes potential & athleticism--two things Bledsoe greatly possesses.

 

Would not be surprised if Orton left, but think it would be premature. He needs to show what he can do offensively in the post, because we're not going to see that part of his game so long as Pat & Cuz are around.

 

Seems to me that a lot of guys who shouldn't leave early might this year, simply because of the looming lockout & the likely scenario that guaranteed contracts for rookies becomes a thing of the past.

One of the things to think about is the NBA labor agreement. Does not the contract expire after this season or next and the guaranteed rookie contracts are gone? That is an incentive to go out this year and be guaranteed a year of money before the guaranteed money is gone.

This is the perfect time to use it. Bledsoe is going to be an NBA player, barring injury. You would use this when you are most unsure of your draft status; based on his progression, this year makes the most sense. Next year, if he plays well, there won't be much of a question as to whether or not he is a first round pick.

 

I just think by him going his turnovers will get exposed handling the ball all the time and he won't be getting wide open looks like here lately.

I think all 5, (Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Patterson, & Wall) will not only leave, all 5 will be 1st round picks...

^I don't think Orton will be a #1. He needs too much work and hasn't proven enough.

I think all 5, (Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Patterson, & Wall) will not only leave, all 5 will be 1st round picks...

 

Orton and Bledsoe, if they do leave, will not go in the first round of this draft. If they stay, next year they will go in the first round.

Orton and Bledsoe, if they do leave, will not go in the first round of this draft. If they stay, next year they will go in the first round.

 

Yes they almost certainly will. I'd say the odds of Bledsoe being drafted 1st round this year are around 85% with Orton's about 50/50....

 

The NBA drafts on potential.

:thumb:

 

Bledsoe and Orton certainly need more polish, but they'll be first rounders based on talent. Its hard to pass on that.

 

When you ask the question, do they "need" another year, what is your criteria? Getting more polished and ready to contribute as a rookie...or projected draft position? Its hard for me to say a guy "needs" another year when he'll go in the first round of the draft.

 

:thumb:

I think both need to stay one more year for the experience and to show that they are capable of doing what they are doing without Wall or Cousins by their side. If both went and tried I wouldn't blame them and wish them well even though I am no expert but I believe one more year would help both NBA status especially Orton.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.