Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bledsoe's Status?

Featured Replies

Yes they almost certainly will. I'd say the odds of Bledsoe being drafted 1st round this year are around 85% with Orton's about 50/50....

 

The NBA drafts on potential.

 

Wouldn't you say that drafting on potential is more of what teams do in either the lottery or 2nd round? I think guys from 13-30 are usually either proven college guys or foreign players.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think all 5, (Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Patterson, & Wall) will not only leave, all 5 will be 1st round picks...

 

I hope Bledsoe and Orton play so well the next two weeks that their stock skyrockets...:D

 

Seriously, I hope they stay, but I'm more worried about how they finish this season than what they do after it.

Wouldn't you say that drafting on potential is more of what teams do in either the lottery or 2nd round? I think guys from 13-30 are usually either proven college guys or foreign players.

 

Not necessarily. IMO, the teams drafting later in round one are more complete, so they have the ability to take a guy who may need some time to develop and let them learn under some of their better veterans.

Not necessarily. IMO, the teams drafting later in round one are more complete, so they have the ability to take a guy who may need some time to develop and let them learn under some of their better veterans.

You don't think Pat Riley was there scouting Wall and Cousins do you? They will draft down later in round 1 and I'm guessing he was looking at Bledsoe and/or Orton as well as Aminu from Wake Forest. This is a weak overall year for true PGs with the following being the best of the bunch: Armon Johnson - Nevada, Sherron Collins - Kansas, Jimmer Fredette - BYU, Jerome Dyson - Uconn, Jerome Randle - Cal and Scottie Reynolds - Villanova. Is Bledsoe as good or better than these guys now?

You don't think Pat Riley was there scouting Wall and Cousins do you? They will draft down later in round 1 and I'm guessing he was looking at Bledsoe and/or Orton as well as Aminu from Wake Forest. This is a weak overall year for true PGs with the following being the best of the bunch: Armon Johnson - Nevada, Sherron Collins - Kansas, Jimmer Fredette - BYU, Jerome Dyson - Uconn, Jerome Randle - Cal and Scottie Reynolds - Villanova. Is Bledsoe as good or better than these guys now?

 

Being better now doesn't mean all that much in the NBA draft...who has the most potential from that group?

 

Not every team drafts strictly based on potential, but I believe they do more often than not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.