Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Regions James Pouncy in State Final.

Featured Replies

I thought it was a high school game????

 

And.........:rolleyes:

 

I don't know what axe you have to grind in this thread but the assignment for the officials for the Saturday games are based up the evaluations done by more experienced and yes college officials and assigners. I don't think all are involved at the college level but a majority are.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Association this year when we seen the sleeve, we asked if we could see a Doctor's release that it was medical. If they could not provide one, he/she was told to take it off. And yes, I did that this year in a game I worked.

 

I like this. The sleeves IMO are getting carried away. Heck, I even saw some kids wearing them at 3rd grade games!!!

The sleeves IMO are getting carried away. Heck, I even saw some kids wearing them at 3rd grade games!!!

 

When they see John Wall, Patterson, etc. wearing them, it comes down from them. What these kids see, is what they want to do, and if we let them, it does get a little bit out of control.

When they see John Wall, Patterson, etc. wearing them, it comes down from them. What these kids see, is what they want to do, and if we let them, it does get a little bit out of control.

 

But what does it really matter if a kid wears a protective arm sleeve? Is he/she causing any danger to anyone else? I don't think it really matters.

When they see John Wall, Patterson, etc. wearing them, it comes down from them. What these kids see, is what they want to do, and if we let them, it does get a little bit out of control.

 

I totally understand where they get it from. Everyone wants to be like the guys they look up to. But to watch a bunch of parochial school 3rd grade boys wearing the darn things, well, in my mind it is out of control! I actually got a chuckle at the last game as I watched the one young guy constantly pulling it up. At one point, he missed a pass to him cause he was yanking on the darn thing.

I like this. The sleeves IMO are getting carried away. Heck, I even saw some kids wearing them at 3rd grade games!!!

 

Probably needed them to hold their cell phones.

Probably needed them to hold their cell phones.

 

:laugh:

But what does it really matter if a kid wears a protective arm sleeve? Is he/she causing any danger to anyone else? I don't think it really matters.

 

Not sure what they are protecting and from what in 3rd grade but... ok

 

As far as danger to anyone, as I said I did see a case where a kid was pulling his up, didn't see a pass and the pass darn near hit him in the nose.

 

Maybe I am just old school and like to see kids in matching uniforms playing the great game. If the whole team wears matching ones, that are the same color as their jerseys, then fine.

Congrats James... Big Bro... Sorry got on here late.

But what does it really matter if a kid wears a protective arm sleeve? Is he/she causing any danger to anyone else? I don't think it really matters.

 

Just as long as they're not wearing headbands:lol:

Pouncy is great; and a great guy. Gearhart won't be in the high school ranks for long, and the HS loss is the college games gain.

And.........:rolleyes:

 

I don't know what axe you have to grind in this thread but the assignment for the officials for the Saturday games are based up the evaluations done by more experienced and yes college officials and assigners. I don't think all are involved at the college level but a majority are.

 

Shouldn't those evaluating be high school assigners/evaluators? Why should we (high school fans/players/coaches) be worried about if official A can work a college game and have college mechanics?? I'm not at Rupp Arena to watch UK.

I know how it all works, trust me. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I still think whoever makes the final call on what officials work the final game should wait until after the semi-finals are complete.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.