Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Regions James Pouncy in State Final.

Featured Replies

Backcourt violation. Ballard had the ball in the FC , a scramble ensued, Ballard player tapped it and then was first to touch just across the midcourt line.

 

I saw that one. The major one that I saw was the Christian County player wearing a red under shirt with a white uniform in the Scott Co game. And how many players they let wear the shooting sleeves. Why do we even have those rules if the allow them in the state tourney. JMO

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ballard was in control, lost it, then was the last to touch in front court, and first to touch in back court. Clear violation!

Didn't see it, could they have thought maybe that Valley had possession for a second during the scrum before Ballard touched it and it went into back court or what, that would definitely make it not a violation. Just trying to see what they could of thought on the play?

Indeed it does. But shouldn't the officials working the FINALS of the State Championship know the rules up and down, side to side and backwards!? This was not a judgment call, it was a kick of a rule! It didn't matter in the end, but it still bothers me that this official kicked it.

 

Isn't this suppose to be more positive on these 3 officials being selected to work the state tournament finals? If you want to throw water on their accomplishment why don't you start another thread about the missed violation. :ohbrother:

 

Congrats to Pouncy, Gearhart, and Bottoms!

3 minutes in. Backcourt violation. Ballard had the ball in the FC , a scramble ensued, Ballard player tapped it and then was first to touch just across the midcourt line.

 

Oh, I didn't see that one! So there were 2 kicked rules!

Here's what happened on the one I saw:

Player from Ballard grabs a rebound and loses his balance. He goes down with the ball and catches himself with his hand/arm. He recovers and pushes himslef back up. Traveling called. That is not correct, is it Clyde??

Isn't this suppose to be more positive on these 3 officials being selected to work the state tournament finals? If you want to throw water on their accomplishment why don't you start another thread about the missed violation. :ohbrother:

 

Congrats to Pouncy, Gearhart, and Bottoms!

 

Not bashing at all. Just wanting to know what the officials in the Championship game kicked two rules. I know James and Marla personally and think they do an awesome job.

I saw that one. The major one that I saw was the Christian County player wearing a red under shirt with a white uniform in the Scott Co game. And how many players they let wear the shooting sleeves. Why do we even have those rules if the allow them in the state tourney. JMO

 

I think all players have learned to say that the sleeve is a medical necessity.

I think all players have learned to say that the sleeve is a medical necessity.

 

What about the undershirt? I knew it wouldn't take long for the sleeves.

What about the undershirt? I knew it wouldn't take long for the sleeves.

 

That is a clear violation. Some regions enforce it more than others.

That is a clear violation. Some regions enforce it more than others.

 

I know that it is a clear violation just thought it should have been enforced in the State Tourny.JMO

I know that it is a clear violation just thought it should have been enforced in the State Tourny.JMO

 

My guess is that it will be brought up by the KHSAA. I know they review officials in each game and then use that for the state clinic the following season.

I've always thought that James Pouncy was an excellent official.

 

I'm surprised he got the finals in his first state tournament appearance.

 

James worked the girls Sweet 16 in 2008.

My guess is that it will be brought up by the KHSAA. I know they review officials in each game and then use that for the state clinic the following season.

 

I would think so too.

So there was a rule kicked last night in the State Championship game. First I want to see if anyone else noticed and second, are we going to bash the official who kicked it like some did in in the 11th region boys tournament incident??

 

Kicked a rule, not the game.

 

The two incidents mentioned are not even close to being the same. One affected a possesion, the other affected the outcome of the game!

The back court violation did take place at the 6:01 mark of the first quarter, just watched it on Ihigh.com on the khsaa website. It was a crazy play and the kid from Ballard actually did gain possession in the front court and slid across the line into the back court, was a lot of hands on the ball and was a difficult call to make.

 

The John Wall Sleeve, everyone is wearing them and all they can do is ask if it's medical, if they say yes, no more questions about it.

 

The shirt should of definitely been changed.

 

Overall the officials did a great job in this tourney, you are always going to have questions, but they can't get them all right or catch everything.

 

James called the semi finals in the girls state in 08. Done a great job then too.

Kicked a rule, not the game.

 

The two incidents mentioned are not even close to being the same. One affected a possesion, the other affected the outcome of the game!

 

I agree. However, let's look at this:

The play "kicked" in the 11th Region boys tournament was a judgment call and the judgment was wrong. Human error, end of story.

The play(s) in the State Finals were not judgment calls, they were botched rules.

Officials are going to miss judgment calls, but imo they should never miss a rule, especially if you are working the STATE FINALS!!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.