Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Regions James Pouncy in State Final.

Featured Replies

We should also mention that Tim O'Hara from the 9th worked the finals of the girls Sweet 16 this year.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should also mention that Tim O'Hara from the 9th worked the finals of the girls Sweet 16 this year.

 

Good official.

Who worked with him?

 

Clyde, you might know the answer to this. Why didn't the KHSAA wait until Saturday mornings games were over before they assigned the finals? From what I hear, they did for the girls finals. That makes sense instead of assigning the finals on Friday night!

Good official.

Who worked with him?

 

Clyde, you might know the answer to this. Why didn't the KHSAA wait until Saturday mornings games were over before they assigned the finals? From what I hear, they did for the girls finals. That makes sense instead of assigning the finals on Friday night!

 

No clue as to how the process works.

Good official.

Who worked with him?

 

Clyde, you might know the answer to this. Why didn't the KHSAA wait until Saturday mornings games were over before they assigned the finals? From what I hear, they did for the girls finals. That makes sense instead of assigning the finals on Friday night!

 

I think he missed that one.

Good official.

Who worked with him?

 

Clyde, you might know the answer to this. Why didn't the KHSAA wait until Saturday mornings games were over before they assigned the finals? From what I hear, they did for the girls finals. That makes sense instead of assigning the finals on Friday night!

 

What difference would that have made? They are not going to assign an official two games a day anyway. You are going to have 9 official work Saturday. How would that change which 3 get the final game? :confused:

The officials are chosen on Friday night after the first 3 days of work and evaluations. If you are chosen to work the Semi's on Saturday morning you do not work Saturday night. You have 8 officials working the semi's including the alternate at the table for the morning semi's, then 4 officials in the finals. Tommy Hutton was the alternate on the finals this year from the 14th region, his I believe 9th state finals. So only 12 out of the 16 or 17 officials get to work on Saturday.

Good official.

Who worked with him?

 

Clyde, you might know the answer to this. Why didn't the KHSAA wait until Saturday mornings games were over before they assigned the finals? From what I hear, they did for the girls finals. That makes sense instead of assigning the finals on Friday night!

 

I believe there were some possible conflicts of interest with some officials depending on which teams won on Saturday morning, most of the time, these decisions are made on Friday night.

The officials are chosen on Friday night after the first 3 days of work and evaluations. If you are chosen to work the Semi's on Saturday morning you do not work Saturday night. You have 8 officials working the semi's including the alternate at the table for the morning semi's, then 4 officials in the finals. Tommy Hutton was the alternate on the finals this year from the 14th region, his I believe 9th state finals. So only 12 out of the 16 or 17 officials get to work on Saturday.

 

Why couldn't the officials working the semis also do the finals?

Why couldn't the officials working the semis also do the finals?

 

I guess they like to share the love. They pick the best 3 plus alternate of the weeks evaluations to do the finals, then out of who is left, they pick the next 6 and 2 alternates to do the semi's. The other 4 are done, :idunno:That is just how it goes.

Kicked a rule, not the game.

 

The two incidents mentioned are not even close to being the same. One affected a possesion, the other affected the outcome of the game!

 

You are exactly right. One was a kicked rule. The other that affected the outcome of the game was a JUDGEMENT CALL. Not a rule.:thumb:

The officials are chosen on Friday night after the first 3 days of work and evaluations. If you are chosen to work the Semi's on Saturday morning you do not work Saturday night. You have 8 officials working the semi's including the alternate at the table for the morning semi's, then 4 officials in the finals. Tommy Hutton was the alternate on the finals this year from the 14th region, his I believe 9th state finals. So only 12 out of the 16 or 17 officials get to work on Saturday.

 

I understand, but why decide Friday night? You had some really good officials sitting out Saturday simply because a team from their service area "might" make the finals. For instance, Bart Lenox, who worked the finals last year, was left out all day Saturday because there was a chance Mason Co. could play Saturday night.

Just another thing the KHSAA does to make me go :idunno:

  • Author
I understand, but why decide Friday night? You had some really good officials sitting out Saturday simply because a team from their service area "might" make the finals. For instance, Bart Lenox, who worked the finals last year, was left out all day Saturday because there was a chance Mason Co. could play Saturday night.

Just another thing the KHSAA does to make me go :idunno:

 

You also had some really good officials working Saturday based on their work during the week according to people more knowledgable than many who post on here. The college officials, college assigners, and evaluators determine who is capable of officiating on Saturday.

I think all players have learned to say that the sleeve is a medical necessity.

 

I believe, per Mr. Tackett, that he said sleeves were legal and there was no need to even ask if it was medically necessary. This ruling came down in mid-season and I can't speak for other regions but I know in the 8th and 9th players were allowed to wear them with no questions asked.

The John Wall Sleeve, everyone is wearing them and all they can do is ask if it's medical, if they say yes, no more questions about it.

 

Our Association this year when we seen the sleeve, we asked if we could see a Doctor's release that it was medical. If they could not provide one, he/she was told to take it off. And yes, I did that this year in a game I worked.

You also had some really good officials working Saturday based on their work during the week according to people more knowledgable than many who post on here. The college officials, college assigners, and evaluators determine who is capable of officiating on Saturday.

 

I thought it was a high school game????

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.